RE: Not disconnecting from others after a forwarding session

  • Jerry - N9LYA
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 27, 2010
    Here is what I see...

    My station will not disconnect or (still shows the station connected) even
    after trying another stations.. i.e. multiple winmor and pactor stations
    that cannot even connect at the same time show this.. Very weird//

    It is just the WINMOR and PACTOR stations doing this as I see it this
    evening..

    Once all the idle links are full nothing works...

    Mike feel free to play around with my station...

    I am out of time for next few weeks..

    Willing to keep plugging along until then...

    Wife is having to see a Dr this week after going to er.. They will be
    scheduling surgery .. Thus I will be away for a couple weeks. at least away
    from the PC.. For anything more then Banking...

    If you guys... think of anything... Mike can try it...

    I disabled scanning and only change freqs via the forward files...

    Hey I know everyone is tired of hearing having problems...

    If nothing is fixed by my return to Packet... I will move all forwarding to
    BPQ.. Except of course Winmor and Pactor unless that affects FBB forwarding
    as well In which case.. I have no idea what I will do.... Will have to visit
    that at that time..

    I wish to thank everyone for suggestions... and help...

    I have added about 32 more ferrites.. (like I said I buy these by the pound
    at the Indy Hamfest..) $5 for 20 lbs... I also get used Eproms for $5 for 20
    lbs..

    I have monitored all ports.. and radios.. All sounds great///

    Mark KQ0I can contest that my signals on 40 have been good.. Just too many
    times of nothing happening.. Like when he is forwarding with me and it it
    just quits then he gets already connected messages.. I come in try a forward
    with anyone manually nothing happens.. Hit Forward all and maybe one or two
    will try and that's it...

    Anyway I will return to my station and see if anyone had any more ideas
    before I make any major changes in about a few weeks...

    Lots to do at work and in preparation of her surgery/recovery...

    You guys might see me on the chat from time to time.. While I am in and out
    with my remote laptop.. But I wont have time or the ability to try anything
    yet...

    Again thanks to everyone...

    My station will be on but may or may not work...

    I think I really need to get QBOOT to work on here so it auto reboots about
    every 12 hours.. Hard reboot or not. .A t least the system may come back up
    and work....

    Anyway station is running should it crap out to point where its causing
    problems.. Either ask Mike to do a remote shutdown or call me ... Emergency
    only at this time... 8125830445 After the emergency ... Call anytime..

    I been awake most of the time since last Friday...2 hours here and 2 hours
    there... and need to get some sleep.. Not much possible ... But need to
    grab any I can.. Having to check on wife every half hour ...

    73 Jerry N9LYA

    Thanks again guys......
    Message 2 of 9 , Jul 27, 2010
      Good luck Jerry, and hope for good recovery for ur xyl.
      We here in Norway do plan for a combined BPQ32 PACTOR/WINMOR station for linking incoming pactor or winmor calls into our WINLINK LA3F-10 RMS Packet And nothing more.

      I hope this part of BPQ32 do work well??

      We have not tried this yet.
      It seems that you are up to more complicated combinations with forwarding.

      We will probably come up on 60m where Norway recently got full VFO possibilites.
      Maybe also on 30m for emcomm at least. And in the end also VHF REPEATER WINMOR only, also for emcomm.

      All takes time. And John has made quite some achievements.

      73 de la7um Finn for LA3F-5 and -10 RMS

      --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "Jerry - N9LYA" <n9lya@...> wrote:

> [...]
      > with my remote laptop.. But I wont have time or the ability to try anything
      > yet...
      >
      > Again thanks to everyone...
      >

      > My station will be on but may or may not work...
      >
      > I think I really need to get QBOOT to work on here so it auto reboots about
      > every 12 hours.. Hard reboot or not. .A t least the system may come back up
      > and work....
      >
      > Anyway station is running should it crap out to point where its causing
      > problems.. Either ask Mike to do a remote shutdown or call me ... Emergency
      > only at this time... 8125830445 After the emergency ... Call anytime..
      >
      > I been awake most of the time since last Friday...2 hours here and 2 hours
      > there... and need to get some sleep.. Not much possible ... But need to
      > grab any I can.. Having to check on wife every half hour ...

    • Jerry - N9LYA
      Message 3 of 9 , Jul 28, 2010

        Hi…

        Thanks for good words..

        BPQ32 WINMOR / PActor etc.. Works great for just about everyone.. I am not sure at all whats going on with my station…

        Yea I do tend to push the envelope… With forwarding…. Works great for about a day… Not sure why…

        73 jerry

        href="http://www.n9lya.com/">http://www.n9lya.com/>

        href="http://www.w9otr.org/">http://www.w9otr.org/>

        > http://www.indianapacketcouncil.org
        <http://www.indianapacketcouncil.org/>

        > http://www.mitchellwx.com
        >
        > http://tinyurl.com/y7faewx

      • Leonard Schmitt
        Message 4 of 9 , Jul 28, 2010
          Jerry,
          Sorry to hear that your wife is having health issues. Good luck,
          you'll both be in my prayers.
          Len N9QVQ

          Message 5 of 9 , Jul 28, 2010
          Jerry

          I never have had any experience with Winmor or Pactor so I don't want to
          Make any changes, I am not sure John is in a possession to be able to
          Connect via VNC, if he can John send me an E-Mail and will send you the
          Needed Info for Jerry's VNC.

          Mike Melnik-N9PMO
          Web WWW.N9PMO.com
          NNTP Server N9PMO.DYNDNS.ORG Port 119

          Scanned by Symantec Corporate A/V

          Message 6 of 9 , Jul 29, 2010
          Anything anyone wants top try short of a pipe bomb is certainly welcome...
          This morning both those boxes are White and not responding... 73 jerry

          _____

          Message 7 of 9 , Jul 29, 2010
          I Killed BPQMAIL CHAT and restarted it and everything is working again...
          at the moment.

          Everything surrounds that exe file.

          I had already sent John my logf files if he needs them again can you get
          them Mike..

          Taking wife to Dr today at 9 am wont get home before 11pm

          Tomorrosw is same.. Lave at 9 get home late..

          _____

          Message 8 of 9 , Jul 29, 2010
            Have you tried running one of the problematic ports against a 'real" serial port?

            Have you tried going in and reducing the buffers on the problematic USB<>COM ports?

            Something else... If you can refrain from surfing the web and be super careful with email, why not try removing the antivirus software, rebooting, and see how it goes minus your AV software.

            Yeah, reaching a bit but I think we're at that point ;-)

            73
            Jeff
            WA4ZKO

          • Jerry - N9LYA