RE: BPQMAILCHAT

  • Jerry - N9LYA
    Message 1 of 16 , Jul 26, 2010

      I am trying something I thought of sort as a last ditch effort (this used to be fun)

      I am swapped out my Edgeport 8 port serial device…

      Since I have a spare.. Thought it would be prudent to try it…

      See what happens..

      73 jerry

      Message 2 of 16 , Jul 26, 2010
        Maybe you are fighting rfi, have you tried to reduce the power level and see if that makes any difference?
        Is everyting grounded and do you have ferrites on all of the devices?

        Jim

        Well, it didn't last long.  Signals are strong and we connect easily.  You sent me three messages quick as a bunny.  Then I sent you a FF expecting you to continue.  You did not, but instead sent me a disconnect.  I waited a bit then connected with you again and after I sent my id banner, you sent me "already connected" and another disconnect.  I waited a bit, tried again...same results.

        No more whining, I'm sure you are tired of it, as am I.

        73  Mark

      • DEC

          Message 4 of 16 , Jul 26, 2010

            Hi Dave,,,

            Believe me I would leave it alone if it could be left alone.. J

            Ok rgr on FBB.. Ill let ya know…  73 jerry

            Message 5 of 16 , Jul 26, 2010
              Just bustin ur chops. Anything you need holler......

              D. Calder

              Message 6 of 16 , Jul 27, 2010

                Hi dave…

                I know…

                \And to clarify I am not blaming BPQ…  I just need to figure out what is going on 73 jerry

                Message 7 of 16 , Jul 27, 2010

                  Hi Jim… Yea someone else suggested that..  I have looked listen ed and looked again.. Will look again..

                  Since I buy ferrites by the pound I have them on every thing… I will do some more checking .. 73 jk

                  Message 8 of 16 , Jul 27, 2010
                    I usually listen to the tones on another receiver and see if they are raspy, also try an audio loopback between tnc's to make sure it is not the tnc causing the issue.
                    Some will do a loopback inside the tnc but kantronics does not there is not enough hardware to do full duplex (I have been repairing them since I lost my job).
                    I have a couple of extra 2 port pci cards I could send you one to test with if you have a extra pci slot.
                    Jim

                    Message 9 of 16 , Jul 27, 2010
                      The Edgeport units are usually pretty solid, but you need to have them on a full speed USB port.

                      You might also try seeing if you can adjust the buffering settings back some on the ports giving you trouble.

                      Have you tried running a problematic port against a real serial port?

                      73
                      Jeff
                      WA4ZKO

                      --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "Jim WU3V" <james@...> wrote:

                      > I usually listen to the tones on another receiver and see if they are raspy, also try an audio loopback between tnc's to make sure it is not the tnc causing the issue.
                      > Some will do a loopback inside the tnc but kantronics does not there is not enough hardware to do full duplex (I have been repairing them since I lost my job).
                      > I have a couple of extra 2 port pci cards I could send you one to test with if you have a extra pci slot.
                      > Jim

                    • Jerry - N9LYA
                      Message 10 of 16 , Jul 27, 2010

                        Hi Jim…

                        Its possible I found the problem… Yesterday I swapped the Edgeport device out for a spare so far and as of lunch time all is stikk working.. Also it is working faster leading me to believe the other edgeport device may have issues…

                        The edge port cured I thought all my lockup problems when I installed it a while back.. Since then things have gotten flakey.. As of now changing it out cured that too..

                        Will see how it holds up between now and weekend…

                        Will Let ya know how it goes and such.,..

                        73 jerry

                        Message 11 of 16 , Jul 27, 2010

                          I will email you this evening off list if it looks like I may still be having issues..  But right now the one that’s in there is working really well.. 73 jerry

                          The Edgeport units are usually pretty solid, but you need to have them on a full speed USB port.

                          You might also try seeing if you can adjust the buffering settings back some on the ports giving you trouble.

                          Have you tried running a problematic port against a real serial port?

                          73
                          Jeff
                          WA4ZKO

                          --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "Jim WU3V" <james@...> wrote:

                          > I usually listen to the tones on another receiver and see if they are
                          raspy, also try an audio loopback between tnc's to make sure it is not the tnc causing the issue.
                          > Some will do a loopback inside the tnc but kantronics does not there is
                          not enough hardware to do full duplex (I have been repairing them since I lost my job).
                          > I have a couple of extra 2 port pci cards I could send you one to test
                          with if you have a extra pci slot.
                          > Jim

                        • Jim WU3V
                          Message 12 of 16 , Jul 27, 2010
                            Send it to Austin and see they can fix it, I know some of the tech's there they are pretty good.