external programs

  • Richard Bailey
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 12, 2006
      hello all,
      it has been several years since I ran any version of BPQ node so be gentle.

      I am running a copy of BPQ32 409u on a Windows 98 machine here and it is
      communicating with AGWPE on one of the other machines on my network just
      fine . I can't seem to get other programs like fastchat and NNABBS to
      se it on the 98 machine. Any ideas?

      --
      Thanks

      Richard Bailey KB5JBV
      (HM) 972-286-8001
      kb5jbv@...

      President HAM Association of Mesquite
      Assistant Radio Officer Mesquite RACES
      Assistant Emergency Coordinator Mesquite ARES
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 12, 2006
        Richard,

        Unforunately the code (bpq1632.exe) to allow 16 bit DOS applications, such
        as fastchat and NNABBS (I think it's 16 bit - I's a very long time since I
        ran NNA!) only works on Win 2K and above, not 98.

        So I'm afraid, at least for the time being, the only solution is to go to
        XP, or find more modern 32 bit replacements for the apps you are using.

        Sorry!

        it has been several years since I ran any version of BPQ node so be gentle.

        I am running a copy of BPQ32 409u on a Windows 98 machine here and it is
        communicating with AGWPE on one of the other machines on my network just
        fine . I can't seem to get other programs like fastchat and NNABBS to
        se it on the 98 machine. Any ideas?

        --
        Thanks

        Richard Bailey KB5JBV
        (HM) 972-286-8001
        kb5jbv@...

        President HAM Association of Mesquite
        Assistant Radio Officer Mesquite RACES
        Assistant Emergency Coordinator Mesquite ARES

        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • Richard Bailey
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 12, 2006
          OK John and Thanks. it is really hard now a days to find newer programs
          for Packet. I ran your node program back in the early 90s when I had an
          FBB BBS setup here in Texas and was realy pleased with it. I will load a
          copy of 2000 PRO on that machine and see if it helps.

          My slightly dyslexic chicken interpreter states that John Wiseman sent a
          cryptic message on 3/12/2006 11:32 AM that reads as follows: