Chat

  • Jerry - N9LYA
    Message 1 of 21 , Jul 8 2:20 PM
    • 1 Attachment
    • 14 KB
    I see ke7xo is listed as ke7xo (corrupt

    Weird.. Problems everyone???? I have seen nothing on the reflector on
    this???

    73 Jerry Kutche N9LYA

    ARRL Net Manager Indiana Section - Packet Net

    HF Skipnet Coordinator

    IP Coordinator Indiana

    Packet Coordinator Indiana

    http://www.n9lya.com <http://www.n9lya.com/>

    http://www.w9otr.org <http://www.w9otr.org/>

    http://www.indianapacketcouncil.org <http://www.indianapacketcouncil.org/>

    http://www.mitchellwx.com

    http://tinyurl.com/y7faewx
  • Mark Harloff
    Message 2 of 21 , Jul 8 2:31 PM
      Working fine here Jerry.

      - Mark K2CAN

      On 7/8/2010 5:20 PM, Jerry - N9LYA wrote:

      > [Attachment(s) <#TopText> from Jerry - N9LYA included below]
      >
      > I see ke7xo is listed as ke7xo (corrupt
      >
      > Weird.. Problems everyone???? I have seen nothing on the reflector on
      > this???
      >
      > 73 Jerry Kutche N9LYA
      >
      > ARRL Net Manager Indiana Section - Packet Net
      >
      > HF Skipnet Coordinator
      >
      > IP Coordinator Indiana
      >
      > Packet Coordinator Indiana
      >
      > http://www.n9lya.com <http://www.n9lya.com/>
      >
      > http://www.w9otr.org <http://www.w9otr.org/>
      >
      > http://www.indianapacketcouncil.org <http://www.indianapacketcouncil.org/>
      >
      > http://www.mitchellwx.com
      >
      > http://tinyurl.com/y7faewx

    • Dave Webb AFA2HV
      Message 3 of 21 , Jul 11 8:16 PM
        I have been following Rob Fisher's (wa7rf) method of using BPQ to hook
        Airmail up to Winmor.
        I had it working once but something got messed up when I tried to do
        mod's to customize it to what my needs are, which involved adding ports.
        The TNC responds to commands but has no waterfall and does not show a
        BPQ Winmor status display frame.
        Help?
        Dave WB2HVF
        Message 4 of 21 , Jul 12 12:59 AM
          Dave,

          If you send me your bpqcfg.txt and BPQtoWINMOR.cfg, I'll have a look.

          73,
          John G8BPQ

          Message 5 of 21 , Jul 13 8:57 AM
            Thanks to the Winlink development team, Rob WA7RF and John G8BPQ I am
            now ready to test my WINMOR setup ON MARS FREQUENCY TPB.
            AFA2HV (no SSID) should put you directly to the BPQ BBS
            AFA2HV-5 should put you on the BPQ node connectable via port 2 to AFC2MC
            and the PHL vhf node in Philadelphia.
            If using RMS Express, please let me know how it works (P-P or Winlink mode).
            I will be out of the shack early this afternoon. I will leave it up
            until around 2200Z today.
            Thank you
            Dave AFA2HV
          • Dave Webb AFA2HV
            Message 6 of 21 , Jul 13 6:53 PM
              I received this note from one user who connected with RMS Express. Is
              there a way to include B2F for those connecting using RMS Express (Winmor)?
              He gets the same error P2P also.
              Dave afa2hv
              ---------------------------------

              I'm getting the following during my connection:

              *** Connected to WL2K RMS: AFA2HV @ 2010/07/14 00:24:52 USB Dial: 4755.000
              Please enter your Name: PNE1:AFA2HV-5} Connected to BBS
              [BPQ-1.0.4.10-BFH$]
              *** B2F Protocol Required - disconnecting
              B2F protocol required
              *** Disconnected from WL2K RMS: AFA2HV @ 2010/07/14 00:25:40
              *** Session: 0.8 min; Avg Thruput: 100 Bytes/min; 1 Min Peak Thruput: 113
              Bytes/min

              What is wrong?

              Dave Webb AFA2HV wrote:
              > Thanks to the Winlink development team, Rob WA7RF and John G8BPQ I am
              > now ready to test my WINMOR setup ON MARS FREQUENCY TPB.
              > AFA2HV (no SSID) should put you directly to the BPQ BBS
              > AFA2HV-5 should put you on the BPQ node connectable via port 2 to AFC2MC
              > and the PHL vhf node in Philadelphia.
              > If using RMS Express, please let me know how it works (P-P or Winlink mode).
              > I will be out of the shack early this afternoon. I will leave it up
              > until around 2200Z today.
              > Thank you
              > Dave AFA2HV

            • Kenneth Jacobs
              Message 7 of 21 , Jul 13 7:59 PM
                Hi Dave,

                Are these users connecting to a BPQ BBS or to RMS through the node?

                Ken KD6PGI
                Hood River County ARES
                AEC - Digital

                On 7/13/2010 6:53 PM, Dave Webb AFA2HV wrote:

                > I received this note from one user who connected with RMS Express. Is
                > there a way to include B2F for those connecting using RMS Express (Winmor)?
                > He gets the same error P2P also.
                > Dave afa2hv
                > ---------------------------------
                >
                > I'm getting the following during my connection:
                >
                > *** Connected to WL2K RMS: AFA2HV @ 2010/07/14 00:24:52 USB Dial: 4755.000
                > Please enter your Name: PNE1:AFA2HV-5} Connected to BBS
                > [BPQ-1.0.4.10-BFH$]
                > *** B2F Protocol Required - disconnecting
                > B2F protocol required
                > *** Disconnected from WL2K RMS: AFA2HV @ 2010/07/14 00:25:40
                > *** Session: 0.8 min; Avg Thruput: 100 Bytes/min; 1 Min Peak Thruput: 113
                > Bytes/min
                >
                > What is wrong?
                >
                > Dave Webb AFA2HV wrote:
                >> Thanks to the Winlink development team, Rob WA7RF and John G8BPQ I am
                >> now ready to test my WINMOR setup ON MARS FREQUENCY TPB.
                >> AFA2HV (no SSID) should put you directly to the BPQ BBS
                >> AFA2HV-5 should put you on the BPQ node connectable via port 2 to AFC2MC
                >> and the PHL vhf node in Philadelphia.
                >> If using RMS Express, please let me know how it works (P-P or Winlink mode).
                >> I will be out of the shack early this afternoon. I will leave it up
                >> until around 2200Z today.
                >> Thank you
                >> Dave AFA2HV

              • Dave Webb AFA2HV
                Message 8 of 21 , Jul 13 8:54 PM
                  BPQ BBS.

                  Dave afa2hv

                  Kenneth Jacobs wrote:
                  > Hi Dave,
                  >
                  > Are these users connecting to a BPQ BBS or to RMS through the node?
                  >
                  > Ken KD6PGI
                  > Hood River County ARES
                  > AEC - Digital
                  >
                  > On 7/13/2010 6:53 PM, Dave Webb AFA2HV wrote:
                  >
                  >> I received this note from one user who connected with RMS Express. Is
                  >> there a way to include B2F for those connecting using RMS Express (Winmor)?
                  >> He gets the same error P2P also.
                  >> Dave afa2hv
                  >> ---------------------------------
                  >>
                  >> I'm getting the following during my connection:
                  >>
                  >> *** Connected to WL2K RMS: AFA2HV @ 2010/07/14 00:24:52 USB Dial: 4755.000
                  >> Please enter your Name: PNE1:AFA2HV-5} Connected to BBS
                  >> [BPQ-1.0.4.10-BFH$]
                  >> *** B2F Protocol Required - disconnecting
                  >> B2F protocol required
                  >> *** Disconnected from WL2K RMS: AFA2HV @ 2010/07/14 00:25:40
                  >> *** Session: 0.8 min; Avg Thruput: 100 Bytes/min; 1 Min Peak Thruput: 113
                  >> Bytes/min
                  >>
                  >> What is wrong?
                  >>
                  >> Dave Webb AFA2HV wrote:
                  >>
                  >>> Thanks to the Winlink development team, Rob WA7RF and John G8BPQ I am
                  >>> now ready to test my WINMOR setup ON MARS FREQUENCY TPB.
                  >>> AFA2HV (no SSID) should put you directly to the BPQ BBS
                  >>> AFA2HV-5 should put you on the BPQ node connectable via port 2 to AFC2MC
                  >>> and the PHL vhf node in Philadelphia.
                  >>> If using RMS Express, please let me know how it works (P-P or Winlink mode).
                  >>> I will be out of the shack early this afternoon. I will leave it up
                  >>> until around 2200Z today.
                  >>> Thank you
                  >>> Dave AFA2HV

                • Kenneth Jacobs
                  Message 9 of 21 , Jul 13 9:47 PM
                    OK Dave, here's what you do....

                    Under Manage Users, you must set the user up as a BBS (check the BBS box
                    for the user). Under Manage Forwarding, put the user callsign in the TO
                    field and check the B2 checkbox. Now, the user should be able to get
                    their messages when they login with RMS Express.

                    Ken KD6PGI
                    Hood River County ARES
                    AEC - Digital

                    On 7/13/2010 8:54 PM, Dave Webb AFA2HV wrote:
                    > BPQ BBS.
                    >
                    > Dave afa2hv
                    >
                    > Kenneth Jacobs wrote:
                    >> Hi Dave,
                    >>
                    >> Are these users connecting to a BPQ BBS or to RMS through the node?
                    >>
                    >> Ken KD6PGI
                    >> Hood River County ARES
                    >> AEC - Digital
                    >>
                    >> On 7/13/2010 6:53 PM, Dave Webb AFA2HV wrote:
                    >>
                    >>> I received this note from one user who connected with RMS Express. Is
                    >>> there a way to include B2F for those connecting using RMS Express (Winmor)?
                    >>> He gets the same error P2P also.
                    >>> Dave afa2hv
                    >>> ---------------------------------
                    >>>
                    >>> I'm getting the following during my connection:
                    >>>
                    >>> *** Connected to WL2K RMS: AFA2HV @ 2010/07/14 00:24:52 USB Dial: 4755.000
                    >>> Please enter your Name: PNE1:AFA2HV-5} Connected to BBS
                    >>> [BPQ-1.0.4.10-BFH$]
                    >>> *** B2F Protocol Required - disconnecting
                    >>> B2F protocol required
                    >>> *** Disconnected from WL2K RMS: AFA2HV @ 2010/07/14 00:25:40
                    >>> *** Session: 0.8 min; Avg Thruput: 100 Bytes/min; 1 Min Peak Thruput: 113
                    >>> Bytes/min
                    >>>
                    >>> What is wrong?

                  • bryan_randy
                    Message 10 of 21 , Jul 14 3:42 PM
                      is that allowed on mars freq. did not know that they had bbs on mars guess
                      need to read more

                      > Are these users connecting to a BPQ BBS or to RMS through the node?
                      >
                      > Ken KD6PGI
                      > Hood River County ARES
                      > AEC - Digital
                      >
                      > On 7/13/2010 6:53 PM, Dave Webb AFA2HV wrote:
                      >>
                      >> I received this note from one user who connected with RMS Express. Is
                      >> there a way to include B2F for those connecting using RMS Express
                      >> (Winmor)?
                      >> He gets the same error P2P also.
                      >> Dave afa2hv
                      >> ---------------------------------
                      >>
                      >> I'm getting the following during my connection:
                      >>
                      >> *** Connected to WL2K RMS: AFA2HV @ 2010/07/14 00:24:52 USB Dial:
                      >> 4755.000
                      >> Please enter your Name: PNE1:AFA2HV-5} Connected to BBS
                      >> [BPQ-1.0.4.10-BFH$]
                      >> *** B2F Protocol Required - disconnecting
                      >> B2F protocol required
                      >> *** Disconnected from WL2K RMS: AFA2HV @ 2010/07/14 00:25:40
                      >> *** Session: 0.8 min; Avg Thruput: 100 Bytes/min; 1 Min Peak Thruput: 113
                      >> Bytes/min
                      >>
                      >> What is wrong?
                      >>
                      >> Dave Webb AFA2HV wrote:
                      >>> Thanks to the Winlink development team, Rob WA7RF and John G8BPQ I am
                      >>> now ready to test my WINMOR setup ON MARS FREQUENCY TPB.
                      >>> AFA2HV (no SSID) should put you directly to the BPQ BBS
                      >>> AFA2HV-5 should put you on the BPQ node connectable via port 2 to AFC2MC
                      >>> and the PHL vhf node in Philadelphia.
                      >>> If using RMS Express, please let me know how it works (P-P or Winlink
                      >>> mode).
                      >>> I will be out of the shack early this afternoon. I will leave it up
                      >>> until around 2200Z today.
                      >>> Thank you
                      >>> Dave AFA2HV

                    • Jim WU3V
                      Message 11 of 21 , Jul 14 4:12 PM
                        RMS yes there are not many bbs systems in mars now. We mainly use HF and
                        Packet RMS servers and client software like Airmail and Paclink.

                        Contact me off list of you want any particulars.

                        Jim Moore RMS Server AAB8MT
                        > is that allowed on mars freq. did not know that they had bbs on mars guess
                        > need to read more

                      • Jerry - N9LYA
                        Message 12 of 21 , Jul 28 9:53 AM
                        • 1 Attachment
                        • 15 KB
                        Was at work getting ready to come home for lunch... Tried the chat and it
                        was not working...

                        All I get is the bpqmail and version number.. Nothing else.. any attempt to
                        go past this kicks me out completely.

                        Any way got home and same STUFF different day...

                        Its no fun .. Just no fun anymore...

                        I need to get this where it runs.. nothing else no daily baby sitting and
                        daily reboots...

                        Frustrated beyond belief...

                        :-(

                        73 Jerry Kutche N9LYA

                        ARRL Net Manager Indiana Section - Packet Net

                        HF Skipnet Coordinator

                        IP Coordinator Indiana

                        Packet Coordinator Indiana

                        http://www.n9lya.com <http://www.n9lya.com/>

                        http://www.w9otr.org <http://www.w9otr.org/>

                        http://www.indianapacketcouncil.org <http://www.indianapacketcouncil.org/>

                        http://www.mitchellwx.com

                        http://tinyurl.com/y7faewx
                      • Bill Erhardt
                        Message 13 of 21 , Mar 29, 2011
                          Howdy from Bill K7MT

                          I checked into the Chat Servers late afternoons and have seen no one on for days.  Has there been changes I am unaware of ???

                          Cheers Bill
                        • Jeff - WA4ZKO
                          Message 14 of 21 , Mar 29, 2011
                            Noticed the same. I don' think all the "hubs" are talking for some reason.

                            73
                            Jeff
                            WA4ZKO

                            --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "Bill Erhardt" <k7mt@...> wrote:

                            > Howdy from Bill K7MT
                            >
                            > I checked into the Chat Servers late afternoons and have seen no one on for days. Has there been changes I am unaware of ???
                            >
                            > Cheers Bill

                          • mtaylor_lrim
                            Message 15 of 21 , Mar 29, 2011
                              It was like that much of the day, but now I see green lines again on the Packet Network Map... My own chat server has 16 chat nodes connected at 8:30 central.

                              Mark
                              N5MDT

                              --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "Jeff - WA4ZKO" <wa4zko@...> wrote:

                              > Noticed the same. I don' think all the "hubs" are talking for some reason.
                              >

                              > 73
                              > Jeff
                              > WA4ZKO
                              >

                              > --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "Bill Erhardt" <k7mt@> wrote:
                              > >
                              > > Howdy from Bill K7MT
                              > >
                              > > I checked into the Chat Servers late afternoons and have seen no one on for days. Has there been changes I am unaware of ???
                              > >
                              > > Cheers Bill

                            • Ken Jacobs
                              Message 16 of 21 , Mar 29, 2011
                                There appears to be a break somewhere in the network. Not sure where yet, but one side only has 15 active chat nodes running. The other side is about the same. So, someplace there is a hole in the swimming pool....

                                Ken
                                KD6PGI

                                On 3/29/2011 4:23 PM, Jeff - WA4ZKO wrote:

                                Noticed the same. I don' think all the "hubs" are talking for some reason.

                                73
                                Jeff
                                WA4ZKO

                                --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "Bill Erhardt" <k7mt@...> wrote:

                                > Howdy from Bill K7MT
                                >
                                > I checked into the Chat Servers late afternoons and have seen no one on for days. Has there been changes I am unaware of ???
                                >
                                > Cheers Bill

                              • David Morris
                                Message 17 of 21 , Jun 18, 2012
                                  Hi Jean

                                  I have put you in my configuration for chat as CHTPKT:VE2PKT-5 - my details are PERCHT:GM3YEW-1

                                  Virus Checked before sending
                                  Dave Morris (GM3YEW)
                                  GM3YEW @ GB7YEW
                                  077 78 78 1907
                                  73
                                  Message 18 of 21 , Jun 19, 2012
                                    Hi Dave,

                                               I did put your call in my list but we can't connect, mayb e we should make a AXUDP link bettwing us.
                                    What do you think?

                                    73 de Jean,
                                    VA2OM/VE2PKT

                                    Message 19 of 21 , Jun 20, 2012
                                      Hello Jean

                                       Thanks for the message.

                                      I may have a problem developing here - but it would be a good idea to exchange MAP information.

                                      Mine is :-

                                      gb7yew.dyndns.org  with port 10093 (current dotted ip is 86.152.5.95)

                                      I don't think it would do any harm to setup forwarding between us too.

                                      Message 20 of 21 , Jun 20, 2012
                                        Hi Dave, my  mapping infp is:

                                        ve2pkt.dyndns.org port 10093

                                        ve2pkt-12:bpqpkt

                                        73 de Jean

                                        Message 21 of 21 , Mar 9, 2014
                                          Would any of the RF TNC expert know how to fix this. A user logs in via a BBS and come across to PMOBBS. I'm sitting in Chat. I'm watching VA7KMG come across with this. He's running a D710 for a TNC

                                          VA7KMG CMHT : I SEsee VA7 VA7KMG CMHT : /p Once I can figure out why your telnet access dosen't work. You log in that way or via RF on 443425 VA7KMG CMHT : /h VA7KMG CMHT : /h

                                          ​73​

                                          --
                                          Don Poaps
                                          New Westminster, BC