Telnet hanging after user:

  • Clint
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 5, 2010
      Good Morning.
      I am having a problem when login via telnet.

      From Linux I can telnet in fine. From windows using "Putty" telnet
      works fine.

      From windows hyperterminal and most ssh/telnet clients from my
      smartphone after entering my user login data the cursor moves back
      under the "u" in user and nothing more happens.

      I am guessing this is a CR, linefeed, or terminal emulation problem.

      Ideas?

      Thanks.

      73's
      Clint
    • Jerry - N9LYA
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 5, 2010
      • 1 Attachment
      • 16 KB

      Try my HyperTerminal settings.. Attached..

      73 Jerry N9LYA

      Message 3 of 3 , Jul 5, 2010
        Clint,

        TelnetServer needs a carriage return and line feed at the end of each line. From what you describe, it sounds like your termnial is sending only CR

        Hyperterminal can be configred to send both.

        I am having a problem when login via telnet.

        From Linux I can telnet in fine. From windows using "Putty" telnet
        works fine.

        From windows hyperterminal and most ssh/telnet clients from my
        smartphone after entering my user login data the cursor moves back
        under the "u" in user and nothing more happens.

        I am guessing this is a CR, linefeed, or terminal emulation problem.

        Ideas?

        Thanks.

        73's
        Clint