RE: [BPQ32] Wish list [1 Attachment]

    Message 1 of 22 , Jul 4, 2010
    Unfortunately not - messages downloaded to an email client are deleted from
    the BBS.

    Message 2 of 22 , Jul 4, 2010
    Hi John..

    No problem I just got it working with OE.. And that is fine.. It works fine
    for me this way... Yea the sysop messages are there too.. The layout in OE
    makes it easier to spot the Pmail for just me ... And I can come back and
    look at the SYSOP messages...

    It was before going in thru BPQTerminal, (putty or Hypertem,) when remote
    and it was tough to not overlook an important message..

    I will just remember to check my OE for my messages.. Instead of the BBS...
    until its decided to change anything there or not...

    Thanks Jerry

    73

    _____

    [Attachment(s) from John Wiseman included below]

    From: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com <mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com>
    What about this... If I downloaded the messages to an email client.. Would
    they remain on the BBS..?? As in I could spam filter the Sysop messages only
    on the Email Client and read them when I log into the BBS to look at Systop
    messages if downloading them leaves them on the BBS... :-) That would work
    for me...

    73 Jerry

    _____

    .

    Try free scan!
  • Pascal Lafond
    Message 3 of 22 , Jul 4, 2010
      Hello all,
          You can leave messages on the bbs, you just need to configure your email client to don't deleted the email you download.

      73 de Pascal

      Message 4 of 22 , May 14, 2015
        First and for most, keep up the good work.  So far BPQ32 exceeds any other options I could devise.

        Secure log in would be nice.  Though I noticed side benefit, I can now use CMS like a BBS again, aka use terminal to log in without using any specialty software.  But I digress.

        When using pop3 interface, the LAST command would be helpful.  Right now I use fetchmail to get mail into my regular email box.  Perhaps on Linux box support for maildir standard, which would make it so you would not need to support pop3, could use Dovecot or other linux pop3/imap server in conjunction with Postfix and other smtp servers.

        fetchmail: POP3< +OK POP3 server ready
        fetchmail: POP3> CAPA
        fetchmail: POP3< +OK Capability list follows
        fetchmail: POP3< UIDL
        fetchmail: POP3< EXPIRE 30
        fetchmail: POP3< .
        fetchmail: POP3> USER ae7vz
        fetchmail: POP3< +OK please send PASS command
        fetchmail: POP3> PASS *
        fetchmail: POP3< +OK Authenticated
        fetchmail: POP3> STAT
        fetchmail: POP3< +OK 6 885
        fetchmail: POP3> LAST
        fetchmail: POP3< -ERR Unrecognised Command
        fetchmail: Unrecognised Command
        fetchmail: POP3> UIDL
        fetchmail: POP3< +OK
        fetchmail: POP3< 1 3G8MNP9I2RK0
        fetchmail: POP3< 2 73_AE7VZ
        fetchmail: POP3< 3 74_AE7VZ
        fetchmail: POP3< 4 76_AE7VZ
        fetchmail: POP3< 5 77_AE7VZ
        fetchmail: POP3< 6 79_AE7VZ
        fetchmail: POP3< .
        6 messages (6 seen) for ae7vz at localhost (885 octets).
        fetchmail: POP3> QUIT
        fetchmail: POP3< +OK Finished

      • Don Poaps
        Message 5 of 22 , May 14, 2015
          Kevin

          I use BPQ32 capability with ISP email to pull mail into BPQ,  unless you only want your own personal email to come in..

          Don va7dgp

          --
          Don Poaps
          New Westminster, BC

          Message 6 of 22 , May 14, 2015
            I've added WINMOR Secure Login. It is in the current test builds and will be in the next release.

            I'm not sure about LIST. I've done a bit of research, and came across this message

            This is a prehistoric feature, and I think it's a bad idea to include it.

            (It was in RFC1460, removed in RFC1725 *eight* years ago, and the current
            POP3 spec is RFC1939)

            All mail clients should be able to use UIDL to detect new mail; LAST was
            removed because it's conceptually broken (i.e. it assumes that conceptually
            your mailbox consists of N read mails followed by M unread mails, which
            often is not the case in real life)
            The message was dated 2004, so it seems LAST was removed from the POP3 spec at least 18 years ago. BPQ doesn't record whether messages have been downloaded via POP3, and assumes the client will delete retrieved messages.  So I suppose I could respond to LAST with zero, which if I'm reading the spec correctly would imply that all messages are new.

            I'm not keen on having different functionality in the Window and Linux versions.

            73, John

            Message 7 of 22 , May 15, 2015
              Hello, John.

              I'm use one small program to check several e-mail mailboxes,
              but not work with BPQMail. Follow is the log of that session.
              Would like to use it for BPQMail too...

              73, Sergej

              >+OK POP3 server ready
              <USER ut1hzm
              >+OK please send PASS command
              <PASS xxxxxxx
              >+OK Authenticated
              <STAT
              >+OK 4 432
              <LIST
              >+OK
              >1 372
              >2 20
              >3 20
              >4 20
              >.
              <STAT
              >+OK 4 432
              <LIST
              >+OK
              >1 372
              >2 20
              >3 20
              >4 20
              >.
              <LIST 1
              >+OK 1 372
              <TOP 1 0
              >-ERR Unrecognised Command
              <QUIT
              Message 8 of 22 , May 15, 2015
                Ok, Sergej,

                I'll add TOP and a LAST command that always returns 0 to the next version.

                I'm use one small program to check several e-mail mailboxes,
                but not work with BPQMail. Follow is the log of that session.
                Would like to use it for BPQMail too...

                73, Sergej

                >+OK POP3 server ready
                <USER ut1hzm