RE: [BPQ32] Badword Filter

  • Jerry - N9LYA
    Message 1 of 41 , Jul 1 3:01 PM

      Lets say I wanted to send an email to Dick Pobox  Central Division Director.… In my list from Msys…

      Dick

      And Po are listed as bad words…

      Call me stupid but what is bad about po???

      If its short for pissed off I have no problem with that…

      Lol

      I would hate to see a large number of held messages just to be holding them…   They do take more time to go thru when you have to read each one and find a large number are there just becase they are part of a larger word.. The result would be mass usage of the kh command … I am afraid.. Lots of lost messages for no reason.

      Like assistant, po box, etc…

      73 Jerry

      Message 41 of 41 , Jul 4 10:15 AM
        From: Peter - ZL2BAU <zl2bau@...>
        Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2010 Time: 23:12:54

        >Hi All,
        >
        > I would suggest that any one running a BBS, to check recent
        >bulletins sent by I0OJJ, my FBB system caught 103 bulletins with
        >inappropriate language etc in them, suffice to say, I killed them all.

        By strange coincidence I have just received an email out of the blue
        from Gus, I0OJJ, asking for sight of Chapter 25 of my book "NOSintro",
        covering PBBS forwarding. [1]

        I guess I should let him have it .... :-)

        [1] Most of the book is now on-line at
        http://homepage.ntlworld.com/wadei/nosintro/ but a few chapters,
        including Chapter 25, are missing.

        Ian, G3NRW