Re: [BPQ32] Badword Filter

  • K.O. Higgs
    Message 1 of 41 , Jul 1 2:29 PM
      I'm not at all sure there is a problem with that. The way it is now, you can trap all uses of the word.

      Here is an example:

      fish
      fished
      fisher
      fishing
      gofish
      gonefishing

      If you want to trap only ONE use of the word, then use _fish_

      73,  K.O. N0KFQ

      On 7/1/2010 4:22 PM, John Wiseman wrote:

      It looks like there may be a problem with the code that is meant to stop a match if the "bad word" is part of a longer word. I'll look into it further in the morning.

      Do you have a slow PC? Try free scan!

      --

      K.O. Higgs
      n0kfq@...

    • Ian Wade G3NRW
      Message 41 of 41 , Jul 4 10:15 AM
        From: Peter - ZL2BAU <zl2bau@...>
        Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2010 Time: 23:12:54

        >Hi All,
        >
        > I would suggest that any one running a BBS, to check recent
        >bulletins sent by I0OJJ, my FBB system caught 103 bulletins with
        >inappropriate language etc in them, suffice to say, I killed them all.

        By strange coincidence I have just received an email out of the blue
        from Gus, I0OJJ, asking for sight of Chapter 25 of my book "NOSintro",
        covering PBBS forwarding. [1]

        I guess I should let him have it .... :-)

        [1] Most of the book is now on-line at
        http://homepage.ntlworld.com/wadei/nosintro/ but a few chapters,
        including Chapter 25, are missing.

        Ian, G3NRW