Re: Messages From I0OJJ [1 Attachment]

  • Jeff - WA4ZKO
    Message 1 of 41 , Jul 1, 2010
      Problem is a lot of what I'm seeing can't really be addressed by "bad words" filtering, we need the ability to at least hold msgs by callsign when the inevitable LIDs pop up.

      We also need to the ability to "mass kill" msgs easily.

      Got a pile of this I0OJJ idiocy on my board that I'm having to go through and kill...unfortunately many got past me before I noticed.

      73
      Jeff
      WA4ZKO

      --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, Kenneth Jacobs <kd6pgi@...> wrote:

      > Thanks....that is a good starting point.
      >
      > Ken KD6PGI
      > Hood River County ARES
      > AEC - Digital
      >
      > On 7/1/2010 8:38 AM, K.O. Higgs wrote:
      > >
      > > [Attachment(s) <#TopText> from K.O. Higgs included below]
      > >
      > > Okay.. it is attached. It does NOT work with msgs entered at the
      > > keyboard, but works okay on incoming msgs. Remove the ".txt" from the
      > > filename.
      > >
      > > 73, K.O. N0KFQ
      > >

      > > On 7/1/2010 10:10 AM, Kenneth Jacobs wrote:
      > >
      > >> Hi KO,
      > >>
      > >> I wouldn't mind having a copy of your BadWords file to start from...thanks.
      > >>
      > >> Ken KD6PGI
      > >> Hood River County ARES
      > >> AEC - Digital

    • Ian Wade G3NRW
      Message 41 of 41 , Jul 4, 2010
        From: Peter - ZL2BAU <zl2bau@...>
        Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2010 Time: 23:12:54

        >Hi All,
        >
        > I would suggest that any one running a BBS, to check recent
        >bulletins sent by I0OJJ, my FBB system caught 103 bulletins with
        >inappropriate language etc in them, suffice to say, I killed them all.

        By strange coincidence I have just received an email out of the blue
        from Gus, I0OJJ, asking for sight of Chapter 25 of my book "NOSintro",
        covering PBBS forwarding. [1]

        I guess I should let him have it .... :-)

        [1] Most of the book is now on-line at
        http://homepage.ntlworld.com/wadei/nosintro/ but a few chapters,
        including Chapter 25, are missing.

        Ian, G3NRW