Re: [BPQ32] Re: Messages From I0OJJ

  • Kenneth Jacobs
    Message 1 of 41 , Jul 1, 2010
      Hi KO,

      I wouldn't mind having a copy of your BadWords file to start from...thanks.

      Ken KD6PGI
      Hood River County ARES
      AEC - Digital

      On 7/1/2010 7:44 AM, K.O. Higgs wrote:

      > If you have not already received a file from somewhere, I can send mine.
      > It is an edited copy of the badwords file that my FBB uses. Let me know..
      >
      > 73, K.O. N0KFQ
      >
      > On 7/1/2010 8:42 AM, Jeff - WA4ZKO wrote:
      >
      >> Good start for sure, but?
      >>
      >> Where is this file? I don't have it on my system so I'm assuming we
      >> have to create it manually? Just a flat txt file in the root
      >> BPQMailChat folder?
      >>
      >> Anyone have a good "starter" file?
      >>
      >> Any way to filter or at least put a hold on msgs from certain
      >> callsigns and/or BBS's that tend to be problematic?
      >>
      >> 73
      >> Jeff
      >> WA4ZKO
      >>
      >> --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com <mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com>, "John
      >> Wiseman" <john.wiseman@...> wrote:
      >> >
      >> > It has had content filtering since version 1.0.3.1, although it is only
      >> > documented in the Changes. I've added docs at
      >> >
      >> > <http://www.cantab.net/users/john.wiseman/Documents/Badwords.html
      >> <http://www.cantab.net/users/john.wiseman/Documents/Badwords.html>>
      >> > http://www.cantab.net/users/john.wiseman/Documents/Badwords.html
      >> <http://www.cantab.net/users/john.wiseman/Documents/Badwords.html>
      >> >
      >> > 73,
      >> > John

    • Ian Wade G3NRW
      Message 41 of 41 , Jul 4, 2010
        From: Peter - ZL2BAU <zl2bau@...>
        Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2010 Time: 23:12:54

        >Hi All,
        >
        > I would suggest that any one running a BBS, to check recent
        >bulletins sent by I0OJJ, my FBB system caught 103 bulletins with
        >inappropriate language etc in them, suffice to say, I killed them all.

        By strange coincidence I have just received an email out of the blue
        from Gus, I0OJJ, asking for sight of Chapter 25 of my book "NOSintro",
        covering PBBS forwarding. [1]

        I guess I should let him have it .... :-)

        [1] Most of the book is now on-line at
        http://homepage.ntlworld.com/wadei/nosintro/ but a few chapters,
        including Chapter 25, are missing.

        Ian, G3NRW