FBBG

  • Jerry - N9LYA
    Message 1 of 16 , Jun 9, 2010
    • 1 Attachment
    • 13 KB
    ANY way tos et the FBBG Setting in BPQ32...

    I want to propose only 1 or 2 messages at a time instead of 5...

    Did some forwarding tests last night... And was able to connect and forward
    with w8wjd but never got one message thru. Due to failure during the 4th
    message... And it appeared that the resume feature is not working.. As it
    started over on the next session with the same group of 5 messages...

    Any ideas...

    Need to optimize my settings for HF and so far not having any luck..

    73 Jerry Kutche N9LYA

    ARRL Net Manager Indiana Section - Packet Net

    HF Skipnet Coordinator

    IP Coordinator Indiana

    Packet Coordinator Indiana

    http://www.n9lya.com <http://www.n9lya.com/>

    http://www.w9otr.org <http://www.w9otr.org/>

    http://www.indianapacketcouncil.org <http://www.indianapacketcouncil.org/>

    http://www.mitchellwx.com

    http://tinyurl.com/y7faewx
  • Mark Milburn
    Message 2 of 16 , Jun 9, 2010
      Just because your next list of messages begins with some already sent...does not mean the messages in between were not received.  For some reason, personals are handled differently, but with regular bulletins each bulletin is received and tucked away as soon as the final characters of that message are sent and received.  If the whole list is not received, you will see them listed again on the next connection, but the receiving station will just send "-" showing that they already have them.  No problem.

      73  Mark

      Message 3 of 16 , Jun 9, 2010
        Thanks Mark... Cool... I had finally gotten a great connection to station one 10147.. Now Id 14098 improves...

        W8WJD and I had a great signal last night while I was watching... ANd things were moving there were retries.. Butr as the connection improved they dropped away ... So I was hoping we did well Will look at my logs when I get home and see how many we exchanged overnight and this morning.. 73jerry

        --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, Mark Milburn <markkq0i@...> wrote:

        > Just because your next list of messages begins with some already sent...does not mean the messages in between were not received.  For some reason, personals are handled differently, but with regular bulletins each bulletin is received and tucked away as soon as the final characters of that message are sent and received.  If the whole list is not received, you will see them listed again on the next connection, but the receiving station will just send "-" showing that they already have them.  No problem.
        >
        > 73  Mark

      • K.O. Higgs
        Message 4 of 16 , Jun 9, 2010
          FBB does not work like MSYS in that regard. MSYS allows you to set the number of MESSAGES that are proposed, but FBB requires you to set the number of CHARACTERS in the entire proposal.. then FBB will que up the number of messages that is required to meet that amount of character count. Look in "PORT.SYS" for "MxBloc".

          73,  K.O. N0KFQ

          --

          K.O. Higgs
          n0kfq@...

        • Jerry - N9LYA
          Message 5 of 16 , Jun 9, 2010

            Thanks K.O.

            I understand now..

            Hey have you had any luck with me on 098?????

            73 jerry

            n0kfq@centurytel. net

            Message 6 of 16 , Jun 9, 2010
              Jerry

              There are a few ways to limit the Size and group size being sent from FBB,
              1 way is to set the MaxFrames in the port section of FBB, now you can also
              do this
              on a user dependent in their forwarding file by changing the PACL/MAXFR per
              user
              example:

              A N9PMO
              #
              P A BPQ Port
              N 15 Match SID Protocol FBB, FBBC, FBBCR, RLI
              O 1 Inactivity Time Out
              L B 128 Limit PACL to 128
              L N 4 Limit MAXFR to 4
              J 0 Send no 7 Plus Files
              T 10 Max Size per Packet Frame to send
              #
              Etc.

              In my case all my ports are set at a PACL of 250 in both FBB and BPQ and
              MAXFRAME 3
              For the BPQ Port, but I change the PACL to 128 on stations I need to node
              threw
              to avoid long transmissions & Rejected Frames

              Max. BK 30 in FBB Port Section will block In/Out Max size in K of a Packet,
              useful with
              TO WX bulletins, some are in access of 30K, all my Telnet Ports are 99 but
              as above you
              Can limit per user the size sent out in their forwarding file.

              In MSYS you can also very the PACL, MAXF, FBBG & FBBC in each users
              forwarding file
              by adding Sysop command \PACL 2(same as used in the .DO File) but there is a
              trick
              in the way you use these commands.

              Mike Melnik-N9PMO
              Web WWW.N9PMO.com
              NNTP Server N9PMO.DYNDNS.ORG Port 119
              Scanned by Symantec Corporate A/V

                Message 8 of 16 , Jun 10, 2010
                  K.O.

                  We got word about a week ago or so that Bill passed away suddenly in late MAY Around the 17th.

                  I thought I passed this on to everyone.. I appologize that word of this did not make it to u.

                  I sent a card from all of us in the Skipnet to the family.

                  He will be missed by many.

                  73 Jerry N9LYA
                  Message 9 of 16 , Jun 10, 2010

                    Jerry

                    Which Bill was this?

                    Message 10 of 16 , Jun 10, 2010
                      I am sorry, it was Bill WC0M... North Dakota
                      He was a long time member of the HF Skipnet...

                      On 14.098

                      73 Jerry N9LYA

                      > Jerry
                      >

                      > Which Bill was this?
                      >

                      > Mike Melnik-N9PMO
                      > Web WWW.N9PMO.com
                      > NNTP Server N9PMO.DYNDNS.ORG Port 119
                      >
                      > Scanned by Symantec Corporate A/V

                    • D. Calder
                      Message 11 of 16 , Jun 10, 2010

                        WHAT! O no.

                        73 Dave n4zkf

                        n4zkf@...

                        www.n4zkf.com

                        Message 12 of 16 , Jun 10, 2010
                          Hi Dave....

                          I had sent a message to the skipnet reflector.. Sorry I missed so many on the news... Was also dealing with several passings here again... 2010, I have to term the year of Darkness...

                          My Son lost his father in law about the same time we found out so we were in a wreak also..

                          Too many...
                          My Mom, our grandson, our sons father in law, and about 4 Hams I knew.

                          Man this has to slow down sometime...

                          73 Jerry N9LYA
                          --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "D. Calder" <n4zkf@...> wrote:

                          > WHAT! O no.
                          >

                          > 73 Dave n4zkf
                          >
                          > n4zkf@...
                          >
                          > www.n4zkf.com

                        • Jim WU3V
                          Message 13 of 16 , Aug 27, 2010
                            K.O. I received your KAM+ KPC2 this morning and  ship them out on Saturday or Monday

                            Jim Wu3V NH0E

[...]

                            Do you have a slow PC? Try free scan!
                          • K.O. Higgs
                            Message 14 of 16 , Aug 27, 2010
                              Fine, Jim... good luck with fixing them. Do you also work on KPC-3's?

                              K.O.

                            Message 15 of 16 , Aug 27, 2010
                              Yes absolutely!
                              Jim

                              Message 16 of 16 , Aug 27, 2010
                                I am now running BPQ Mail and node.
                                Pactor I on TPE - AFC2MC
                                Packet on 143.95 - BBS = AFC2MC, BPQ NODE = AFC2MC-2, RMS = AFC2MC-10
                                Winmor on TPB - Part time when radio not being used for other purposes.
                                (Try using above ssid's)
                                This is still being developed so changes are likely.
                                If you plan to connect with RMS Express for the BBS, you must be preset
                                as a user/bbs/b2. Please email me direct.
                                73
                                Dave
                                afa2hv