Help! Burning EPROM

  • kt4wo67@gmail.com
    Message 1 of 3 , May 31, 2010
      Never done it before...I can handle that actual burn I think..
      but the ROM is in 2 files,,at 32 K each
      BTW... its X1J4 ... sorry, should have said that already.

      The TNC already has a X1J4 prom in it but the call is wrong.
      I downloaded the X1J4 stuff... run "Patch" and set my params...
      but what do I do with the 2 files?? burn back to back??

      Or do they need to be merged into one 64K file???

      Tnx de Trip - KT4WO
      kt4wo67@...
    • Jim WU3V
      Message 2 of 3 , May 31, 2010
        Actually you can do either, if your eprom burner lets you load multiple code
        segments load the 1st image from hex 0000 - 7fff
        the second image is from 8000 - ffff

        There is also a method in the docs to combine both images into one file
        using the patch command. Look in the help areas

        Jim wu3v

      • kt4wo67@gmail.com
        Message 3 of 3 , May 31, 2010
          Ahhh,,, Tnx Jim...
          I had read most of the help,,,but not the one I needed to..lol

          Ill give that a shot then.
          BTW...Is there not a BPQ ROM??? seems like
          I read there is one.

          Trip - KT4WO