Mail Listing

  • Peter - ZL2BAU
    Message 1 of 6 , May 28, 2010
      Hi All,

      I have asked this question before but have never really got an
      answer.

      When I log on to BPQBBS and type `lm`, I get a list of new messages for
      my call.

      After reading and killing those messages, I do a `l` for list and only
      get the last message written on the BBS and not all of the messages that
      have come in since my last `l`.

      If I do a `ll 20` or `ll 100` then I get the requested listing.

      On the other hand, if I log on to the BBS and do a `l` before I do
      anything else, then I do get a list of the new mail that has arrived.

      Has anyone else found this or is it only me?

      Regards ..... Peter
    • Joel Yates
      Message 2 of 6 , May 29, 2010
        Hi Peter, Yes it is doing the same thing here @ n4joa
        When I did the "L" after the LM there should have been a listing of 30 messages. It only listed one.
        ...73's...Joel N4JOA
        Joel Yates
        yate4899@...

        On Fri, May 28, 2010 at 9:37 PM, Peter - ZL2BAU <zl2bau@...> wrote:

        Hi All,

                 I have asked this question before but have never really got an
        answer.

        When I log on to BPQBBS and type `lm`, I get a list of new messages for
        my call.

        After reading and killing those messages, I do a `l` for list and only
        get the last message written on the BBS and not all of the messages that
        have come in since my last `l`.

        If I do a `ll 20` or `ll 100` then I get the requested listing.

        On the other hand, if I log on to the BBS and do a `l` before I do
        anything else, then I do get a list of the new mail that has arrived.

        Has anyone else found this or is it only me?

        Regards ..... Peter

        <*> Your email settings:
           Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:
           (Yahoo! ID required)

        <*> To change settings via email:
           BPQ32-digest@yahoogroups.com
           BPQ32-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

           http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 5, 2010
          Message
          Peter,

          That is how I intended it to work, but on reflection it doesn't make much sense, so I will change it so that only L and LR reset the "Last Listed" count.

          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 5, 2010
            I'm not Peter, but I think that is GREAT! When did/will we get a LR command?

            73,  K.O.

            --

            K.O. Higgs
            n0kfq@...

            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 5, 2010
              Message
              K.O,

              LR (meaning List Reverse, ie oldest first) has been there since before the first general release. I see it is missing from the Help!

              I have asked this question before but have never really got an
              answer.

              When I log on to BPQBBS and type `lm`, I get a list of new messages for
              my call.

              After reading and killing those messages, I do a `l` for list and only
              get the last message written on the BBS and not all of the messages that
              have come in since my last `l`.

              If I do a `ll 20` or `ll 100` then I get the requested listing.

              On the other hand, if I log on to the BBS and do a `l` before I do
              anything else, then I do get a list of the new mail that has arrived.

              Has anyone else found this or is it only me?

              Regards ..... Peter

              --

              K.O. Higgs
              n0kfq@centurytel. net

            • K.O. Higgs
              Message 6 of 6 , Jun 5, 2010
                Good to know about that command. It sure will clean up a mess during "auto bbs" sessions.

                73,  K.O.