RE: [BPQ32] Applications

    Message 1 of 19 , May 11, 2010
      Message
      Yes, there is a limit of 8 applications.

      Rod, you have 6 below. I tried adding another two in the same format, and it seems to work ok here.

      Message 2 of 19 , May 11, 2010
        Thanks John & KO; John if it is possible to increase the number of applications from 8 to say 24; All future expansions should be full filled.

        Why such a high number - In my old packet systems [XRouter & Linux/Node], users had the option to go to other Australian states & countries by just typeing in - eg - vk6 for Western Australia or ve for Canada or g for England, etc. It would be nice to be able to do this in BPQ32 [Users then do not have to worry about port numbers or end call SIDs.] Unfortunately 8 applications is not enough.

        We are trying to get more packet users in Australia, this is one way.

        Regards Rod....////

        > Yes, there is a limit of 8 applications.
        >
        > Rod, you have 6 below. I tried adding another two in the same format,
        > and it seems to work ok here.

      • vk2dot
        Message 3 of 19 , May 29, 2016

          John, we are either loosing it, or should go back to DOS –

          We have setup LinBPQ onto a Raspberry PI and laptops running – Slackware, Debian, Ubuntu, etc.

          We can connect to all LinBPQ’s from other systems, get packet mail, chat,  etc; We can use the TermSignOn with Firefox; but

          The Problem is –

          ; ******************************** APPLICATIONS SECTION *************************

          ;APPLICATION No,Label,Command,Call,Alias,Qual

          APPLICATION 1,BBS,,VK2DOT,DOTBBS,255

          APPLICATION 2,CHAT,,VK2DOT-11,DOTCHT,255

          APPLICATION 3,XR,C 1 VK2DOT-1,VK2DOT-1,DOTXR,255

          APPLICATION 4,XR2,C VK2DOT-5,VK2DOT-5,DOTXR2,255

          APPLICATION 5 VE3,C VE3UIL-7,VE3UIL-7,SFSNOD,255

          We cannot connect out of linBPQ to other packet systems [eg XR or C 1 VK2DOT, etc]

          ;*************************** PORTS SECTION**********************************

          ;

          ; AXUDP port definition.

          PORT

          PORTNUM=1                    ; Optional but sets port number if stated

          ID=AXUDP        ; Displayed by PORTS command

          ; TYPE=EXTERNAL            ; Calls an external module

          NOKEEPALIVES=0           ; Stop spolling on this port

          ; DLLNAME=BPQAXIP.DLL   ; Uses BPQAXIP.DLL

          DRIVER=BPQAXIP           ; New line replacing BPQAXIP.DLL

          QUALITY=196                   ; Quality factor applied to node broadcasts heard on

                                          ; this port, unless overridden by a locked rout

                                          ; entry. Setting to 0 stops node broadcasts (Typical 192)

          ; MINQUAL=168               ; Entries in the nodes table with quali

          MINQUAL=144                 ; equal to MINQUAL will be sent on this port. A value

                                          ; of 0 sends everything.(Typical 168)- set to 144 022115-1217z

          MAXFRAME=7                 ; Max outstanding frames (1 thru 7)

          FRACK=3000                      ; Level 2 timout in millisecond

          RESPTIME=1000               ; Level 2 delayed ack timer in milliseconds

          RETRIES=5          ; Level 2 maximum retry value

          PACLEN=236                     ; Max = 236

          CONFIG

          MHEARD            ;Opens AXIP MHEARD window

          UDP 93

          UDP 459

          UDP 10093              ;Listens for UDP packets on this port number

          UDP 10094

           UDP 10096

          UDP 10097

          UDP 10098

          AUTOADDMAP                ;This option automatically adds the node call and

                                          ;address of a node for which you do not have a

                                          ;pre-arranged fixed entry in bpqaxip.cfg.  If the

                                          ;option DONTCHECKSOURCECALL is specified then the

                                          ;AUTOADDMAP option is ignored.

          ;DONTCHECKSOURCECALL

          BROADCAST NODES

          MAP VK2DOT-1                 192.168.1.4                                         UDP       93    B ;

           MAP VK2DOT-5               192.168.1.5                                         UDP       10093 B ;

          The above looks OK.

          The problem must be simple – any ideas.

          Regards Rod VK2DOT ….///

        • Mike Ligeza
          Message 4 of 19 , May 30, 2016
            Rod

            I can ping your vk2dot.dyndns.org but nothing else.

            Are you sure your router is set up?

            Mike Ligeza - VE3UIL/VE3UIM
            Smiths Falls, ON
            mike.ligeza@...

            From my Linux box running Ubuntu MATE 16.04
          • vk2dot
            Message 5 of 19 , May 31, 2016
              Mike, we have setup the new linBPQ system on for our Ethernet LAN only. When we get it going, then will port it to the outside world. Thus the setup is for 192.168.1.* addresses only.
              Have noticed over the months of  testing - it works now and again - only once on a new setup. We can connect to linbpq no problems.
              From the Node we can do a BBS or CHAT but not XR or C 1 VK2DOT-1
              The system comes back with - Invalid command - Enter ? for command list.
              You can connect to VK2DOT-1 then do a BPQ for the node or BBPQ for the BBS.
              So it works ok one way, but not back to anybody else.
              regards rod....///
            • vk2dot
              Message 6 of 19 , Jun 6 9:04 AM
              Hi all, We have attached the VK2DOT-3 LinBPQ BPQ32.CFG file.
              Unfortunately we still are having problems -
              1: we can connect to linbpq node vk2dot-3 or bbs vk2dot-4 - from any other packet system. however -
              2: we cannot connect from linbpq node to another machine [eg c 1 vk2dot-1], but
                  vk2dot-1 can connect to vk2dot-3 linbpq.
              3: same with using the linbpq terminal - we cannot connect out of the machine.
              4: each time, linbpq displays - Invalid command - Enter ? for command list
              5. The command line displays that we can use a c or xr command for the connection.

              regards rod vk2dot....///
              Message 7 of 19 , Jun 6 9:41 AM
                Rod,

                Your application 4 line has a missing comma, so it is interpreted as
                defining a command "C", which masks the real C command

                APPLICATION 4 VE3,C VE3UIL-7,VE3UIL-7,SFSNOD,255

                I tried on your system, and you can use CON 1 VK2DOT-1 instead of C, but
                then you get "Sorry, Application XR is not running - Please try later".

                This is because you have an application XR with a callsign of VK2DOT-1, so
                if you try to connect to VK2DOT-1 it tries to connect to application XR,
                which isn't running.

                APPLICATION 3,XR,,VK2DOT-1,DOTXR,250

                Message 8 of 19 , Jun 10 4:27 AM
                  Thanks John. We just Remed out the XR and VE3 applications & all is good & now works fine. But no short cut.

                  Regards Rod....///
                • renzociarpella@gmail.com
                  Message 9 of 19 , Nov 2, 2016
                    HI John,
                    I tried to connect my Sally with BPQ through a remote node, the connection was made perfectly but after login the program received the "CONF" command and you have enabled the conference mode.
                    The application is set: APPLICATIONS SALLY;; = SYS and if I change the word SALLY into SALL disappears CONF command.
                    I'm not happy with this because I do not know where it comes from the CONF command, which correct syntax should I use to have a connection with Sally program so that the connection is still at LOGIN.
                    The application command (s) is plural or not!

                    Maybe I'm wrong something that I do not realize?
                    Thank you.

                    Renzo I6KZR
                    Message 10 of 19 , Nov 2, 2016
                      Renzo,

                      Your APPLICATIONS line looks wrong. Assuming you want Sally to be
                      Application 1 and =SYS (whatever that is) application 3, the command would
                      be

                      APPLICATIONS=SALLY,,=SYS

                      Using APPLICATIONS is obsolete and I suggest you switch to the current
                      APPLICATION method - see

                      http://www.cantab.net/users/john.wiseman/Documents/BPQCFGFile.html##Appl

                      Even with that, I don't understand where CONF is coming from.

                      Message 11 of 19 , Nov 2, 2016
                        Hi Renzo

                        Below is mine for running Sally which is Application 2 and it works fine

                        APPLICATIONS=BBS,PMS,
                        APPLICATION 1,BBS,,G1GXB,GXBBBS,225
                        APPLICATION 2,PMS,,G1GXB-2,GXBPMS,225

                        73 de Keith G1GXB

                        Message 12 of 19 , Nov 3, 2016

                          John and Keith

                          very useful your help. Now all works without problems.

                          Many thanks

                          Renzo, I6KZR