Applications

  • vk2dot
    Message 1 of 9 , May 11, 2010
      Hi All; Is there a limit to the quantity of applications in CPQCFG.TXT. The line below works fine ->

      APPLICATIONS=BBS,CHT,FBB/C 2 vk2dot-2,XR/C 2 VK2DOT-9,UK/C 4 GB7COW-5,VE/C 4 VE3UIL-7

      But if one adds an extra application - It will not work.
      If one removes a application, then adds another on - It works.
      If you look at the example line above, one uses this line to allow users to connect to other countries. From the line above, you can see that I am limited to 2 countries.

      We had to get Paula to change the XRouter Applications command line to be able to have virtually unlimited application commands.
      Linux/Node will allow unlimited command alias's.

      The Question is - Is one doing something wrong or does BPQ32 need to be amended to allow additional applications.

      Regards rod.....////
    • K.O. Higgs
      Message 2 of 9 , May 11, 2010
        Rod, it seems like somewhere I saw that "APPLICATIONS" was limited to 8...

        73,  K.O.

        --

        K.O. Higgs
        n0kfq@...

        Message 3 of 9 , May 11, 2010
          Yes, there is a limit of 8 applications.

          Rod, you have 6 below. I tried adding another two in the same format, and it seems to work ok here.

[...]

          n0kfq@centurytel. net

        • vk2dot
          Message 4 of 9 , May 11, 2010
            Thanks John & KO; John if it is possible to increase the number of applications from 8 to say 24; All future expansions should be full filled.

            Why such a high number - In my old packet systems [XRouter & Linux/Node], users had the option to go to other Australian states & countries by just typeing in - eg - vk6 for Western Australia or ve for Canada or g for England, etc. It would be nice to be able to do this in BPQ32 [Users then do not have to worry about port numbers or end call SIDs.] Unfortunately 8 applications is not enough.

            We are trying to get more packet users in Australia, this is one way.

            Regards Rod....////