BPQMAILCHAT

  • Jerry - N9LYA
    Message 1 of 16 , May 9, 2010
    • 1 Attachment
    • 14 KB
    How many are using BPQ Mail Chat to forward on HF..

    I need to hear from you and have some questions..

    1) How well does it work for you?
    2) TNC type
    3 Settings...

    Just having some difficulties with one particular type TNC and want to see
    if I have something set wrong...

    Ports that do not far well at this time here under BPQMAILCHAT 1.0.4.4
    14.098 using a MFJ1274
    10.147 using a MFJ1274

    Ports that do remarkably well... under BPQMAILCHAT 1.0.4.4

    14.105 using an older KAM v 2.95
    3.598 Using an KAM+ v 8.2
    7103.5 using an older KAM v 2.85

    I know bands have been questionable..

    But I would think when 14.105 is doing well 14.098 would do well also..

    Anyway if someone is willing to share their HF Packet Port settings I would
    like to look them over..

    Thanks

    73 Jerry Kutche N9LYA

    ARRL Net Manager Indiana Section - Packet Net

    HF Skipnet Coordinator

    IP Coordinator Indiana

    Packet Coordinator Indiana

    http://www.n9lya.com <http://www.n9lya.com/>

    http://www.w9otr.org <http://www.w9otr.org/>

    http://www.indianapacketcouncil.org <http://www.indianapacketcouncil.org/>

    http://www.mitchellwx.com

    http://tinyurl.com/y7faewx
  • Sergej
    Message 2 of 16 , May 10, 2010
      Hello, Jerry.

      > How many are using BPQ Mail Chat to forward on HF..

      > I need to hear from you and have some questions..

      > 1) How well does it work for you?
      > 2) TNC type
      > 3 Settings...

      Still not use it as my main BBS for HF, because need more
      HF-related options:

      1) Full feature FBB-style mail Hold/Reject option;
      2) Need option to have only one Outbound forward session if that port is HF,
      but also to have backup 1-2 incoming sessions for same HF port.

      If there are several FWD-partners, that should be called outbound on same HF port,
      they must be called in sequence, i.e. if FWD ended with the first FWD
      partner at the HF port, then should be called next FWD partner that
      shared same HF port...

      > Anyway if someone is willing to share their HF Packet Port settings I would
      > like to look them over..

      Below is qoutes from my port setup for KISS KAM+ HF port:

      ID=KAM HF
      TYPE=ASYNC
      PROTOCOL=KISS
      FULLDUP=1
      IOADDR=1
      SPEED=9600
      CHANNEL=B
      PERSIST=128
      SLOTTIME=100
      TXDELAY=400
      TXTAIL=20
      QUALITY=0
      MINQUAL=168
      MAXFRAME=1
      FRACK=7000
      RESPTIME=3000
      RETRIES=15
      PACLEN=80
      USERS=3
      ENDPORT

      Its worked well for me before I'm decided to switch KAM TNC for Pactor operation.

      73, Sergej
      uz2hz/ut1hzm
    • Jerome K
      Message 3 of 16 , May 10, 2010
        Hi Sergej, Thanks for reply..

        Yes I agree.. its not HF friendly just yet.. But its coming along ...
        The options you mention are a must for HF..

        Thanks for file on Kam..

        If anyone has one they use for an MFJ1274 that would be great... If you could let me see it..

        I hate to have to revert back to MSYS just to do HF forwarding.. but I might until I can figure out why th MFJ1274 does not work with BPQ.. on HF..

        At least not working here on my setup..

        Thanks Jerry N9LYA

        --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, Sergej <rttyman@...> wrote:

        > Hello, Jerry.
        >

        > > How many are using BPQ Mail Chat to forward on HF..
        >
        > > I need to hear from you and have some questions..
        >
        > > 1) How well does it work for you?
        > > 2) TNC type
        > > 3 Settings...
        >
        > Still not use it as my main BBS for HF, because need more
        > HF-related options:
        >
        > 1) Full feature FBB-style mail Hold/Reject option;
        > 2) Need option to have only one Outbound forward session if that port is HF,
        > but also to have backup 1-2 incoming sessions for same HF port.
        >
        > If there are several FWD-partners, that should be called outbound on same HF port,
        > they must be called in sequence, i.e. if FWD ended with the first FWD
        > partner at the HF port, then should be called next FWD partner that
        > shared same HF port...
        >

        > > Anyway if someone is willing to share their HF Packet Port settings I would
        > > like to look them over..
        >
        > Below is qoutes from my port setup for KISS KAM+ HF port:
        >

        > ID=KAM HF
        > TYPE=ASYNC
        > PROTOCOL=KISS
        > FULLDUP=1
        > IOADDR=1
        > SPEED=9600
        > CHANNEL=B
        > PERSIST=128
        > SLOTTIME=100
        > TXDELAY=400
        > TXTAIL=20
        > QUALITY=0
        > MINQUAL=168
        > MAXFRAME=1
        > FRACK=7000
        > RESPTIME=3000
        > RETRIES=15
        > PACLEN=80
        > USERS=3
        > ENDPORT
        >
        > Its worked well for me before I'm decided to switch KAM TNC for Pactor operation.
        >
        > 73, Sergej
        > uz2hz/ut1hzm

      • Jerry - N9LYA
        Message 4 of 16 , Jul 26, 2010

          Hi guys.. Ran an older version of BPQ and such and still get these errors and forwarding is disrupted…

          Reinstalled latest again to see what happens..

          Moving  ALL RF Packet forwarding to FBB if I can get help setting up forward files.. If I do this all will remain the same except BPQMAIL chat will just be used for WINMOR and Pactor.. I won’t care much if it quits working..  Ill reboot the machine whenever I find it like this..

          If not.. Will be rebuilding my ol MSYS machine and running MSYS only and Only RF…

          Sorry.. I cannot support the Skipnet and not have a reliable system…

          May be my setup, maybe bpq?? Do not know and running out of time to mess,  with either..

                                               I will leave BPQ hooked up and running winmor and pactor if it will do that a bit better then it has been and leave the axip port open however, No inet forwarding… Otherwise it will be on a it either works for me or it does not..

          Starting the changes this next weekend..

          So I have till then to get it working or not.

          Enough is enough..

          I appreciate everyone’s attempts to help me solve these issues.. Again I will try anything between now and Friday at 4PM EST at which time game over.

          73 jerry

          Message 5 of 16 , Jul 26, 2010

            I am trying something I thought of sort as a last ditch effort (this used to be fun)

            I am swapped out my Edgeport 8 port serial device…

            Since I have a spare.. Thought it would be prudent to try it…

            See what happens..

            73 jerry

            Well, it didn't last long.  Signals are strong and we connect easily.  You sent me three messages quick as a bunny.  Then I sent you a FF expecting you to continue.  You did not, but instead sent me a disconnect.  I waited a bit then connected with you again and after I sent my id banner, you sent me "already connected" and another disconnect.  I waited a bit, tried again...same results.

            No more whining, I'm sure you are tired of it, as am I.

            73  Mark

          • Jim WU3V
            Message 6 of 16 , Jul 26, 2010
              Maybe you are fighting rfi, have you tried to reduce the power level and see if that makes any difference?
              Is everyting grounded and do you have ferrites on all of the devices?

              Jim

              Well, it didn't last long.  Signals are strong and we connect easily.  You sent me three messages quick as a bunny.  Then I sent you a FF expecting you to continue.  You did not, but instead sent me a disconnect.  I waited a bit then connected with you again and after I sent my id banner, you sent me "already connected" and another disconnect.  I waited a bit, tried again...same results.

              No more whining, I'm sure you are tired of it, as am I.

              73  Mark

            • DEC

                Message 8 of 16 , Jul 26, 2010

                  Hi Dave,,,

                  Believe me I would leave it alone if it could be left alone.. J

                  Ok rgr on FBB.. Ill let ya know…  73 jerry

                  Message 9 of 16 , Jul 26, 2010
                    Just bustin ur chops. Anything you need holler......

                    D. Calder

                    Message 10 of 16 , Jul 27, 2010

                      Hi dave…

                      I know…

                      \And to clarify I am not blaming BPQ…  I just need to figure out what is going on 73 jerry

                      Message 11 of 16 , Jul 27, 2010

                        Hi Jim… Yea someone else suggested that..  I have looked listen ed and looked again.. Will look again..

                        Since I buy ferrites by the pound I have them on every thing… I will do some more checking .. 73 jk

                        Message 12 of 16 , Jul 27, 2010
                          I usually listen to the tones on another receiver and see if they are raspy, also try an audio loopback between tnc's to make sure it is not the tnc causing the issue.
                          Some will do a loopback inside the tnc but kantronics does not there is not enough hardware to do full duplex (I have been repairing them since I lost my job).
                          I have a couple of extra 2 port pci cards I could send you one to test with if you have a extra pci slot.
                          Jim

                          Message 13 of 16 , Jul 27, 2010
                            The Edgeport units are usually pretty solid, but you need to have them on a full speed USB port.

                            You might also try seeing if you can adjust the buffering settings back some on the ports giving you trouble.

                            Have you tried running a problematic port against a real serial port?

                            73
                            Jeff
                            WA4ZKO

                            --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "Jim WU3V" <james@...> wrote:

                            > I usually listen to the tones on another receiver and see if they are raspy, also try an audio loopback between tnc's to make sure it is not the tnc causing the issue.
                            > Some will do a loopback inside the tnc but kantronics does not there is not enough hardware to do full duplex (I have been repairing them since I lost my job).
                            > I have a couple of extra 2 port pci cards I could send you one to test with if you have a extra pci slot.
                            > Jim

                          • Jerry - N9LYA
                            Message 14 of 16 , Jul 27, 2010

                              Hi Jim…

                              Its possible I found the problem… Yesterday I swapped the Edgeport device out for a spare so far and as of lunch time all is stikk working.. Also it is working faster leading me to believe the other edgeport device may have issues…

                              The edge port cured I thought all my lockup problems when I installed it a while back.. Since then things have gotten flakey.. As of now changing it out cured that too..

                              Will see how it holds up between now and weekend…

                              Will Let ya know how it goes and such.,..

                              73 jerry

                              Message 15 of 16 , Jul 27, 2010

                                I will email you this evening off list if it looks like I may still be having issues..  But right now the one that’s in there is working really well.. 73 jerry

                                The Edgeport units are usually pretty solid, but you need to have them on a full speed USB port.

                                You might also try seeing if you can adjust the buffering settings back some on the ports giving you trouble.

                                Have you tried running a problematic port against a real serial port?

                                73
                                Jeff
                                WA4ZKO

                                --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "Jim WU3V" <james@...> wrote:

                                > I usually listen to the tones on another receiver and see if they are
                                raspy, also try an audio loopback between tnc's to make sure it is not the tnc causing the issue.
                                > Some will do a loopback inside the tnc but kantronics does not there is
                                not enough hardware to do full duplex (I have been repairing them since I lost my job).
                                > I have a couple of extra 2 port pci cards I could send you one to test
                                with if you have a extra pci slot.
                                > Jim

                              • Jim WU3V
                                Message 16 of 16 , Jul 27, 2010
                                  Send it to Austin and see they can fix it, I know some of the tech's there they are pretty good.