Re: [BPQ32] OutpostPacket to BPQ32 Telnet

  • Kenneth Jacobs
    Message 1 of 6 , May 6, 2010
      I tried one work around....

      I run an AGW port on my BPQ node. I setup Outpost for a AGW TNC remote
      into the AGW port on the node. It makes the connection and logs into the
      bbs. However, it hangs in the middle of a message receive. Not sure
      why....it works fine with Outpost on the same machine as the node, just
      not over the internet link. So as yet...I have not found a way to work
      around the telnet option.

      Ken KD6PGI
      Hood River County ARES
      AEC - Digital

      On 5/6/2010 3:30 PM, K.O. Higgs wrote:

      > Still not resolved in the version of Outpost the I use. Seems that some
      > time back you mentioned something about "taking a look at the Outpost
      > scripting" to see if there was a way to use that..
      >
      > 73, K.O. N0KFQ
      >
      > On 5/6/2010 5:00 PM, Bill V WA7NWP wrote:
      >
      >> Did the Outpost to BPQ32 telnet BBS forwarding ever get resolved?
      >>
      >> I picked up an 1st generation Netbook with Win XP and limited
      >> resources and I'd like to connect to the packet world with it.
      >> Outpost may be an option but I'm thinking NOS with a BPQ32 interface
      >> to the local IP stack as well as the AXUDP world might be the way to
      >> go.
      >>
      >> 73
      >> Bill - WA7NWP
      >>

      > --
      >
      > K.O. Higgs
      > n0kfq@...

    • Bill V WA7NWP
      Message 2 of 6 , May 11, 2010
        Thanks for the notes folks. I still haven't had a chance to try it
        but I'm getting closer. There's not much energy left for packet
        after a 13 hour day of work and chores...

        73
        Bill - WA7NWP

        > I tried one work around....
        >
        > I run an AGW port on my BPQ node. I setup Outpost for a AGW TNC remote
        > into the AGW port on the node. It makes the connection and logs into the
      • kc7jqr
        Message 3 of 6 , May 15, 2010
          I realize I am late to this discussion, but I have outpost accessing winfbb32 through the telnet port from another computer. If this is what the discussion is about perhaps I can help out.
          Paul
        • K.O. Higgs