KG6BAJ

  • Jerry - N9LYA
    Message 1 of 5 , May 1 9:41 AM

      I cannot find a way to block this call in BPQ32… Please stop sending these messages on.. They boarder line on Commercial Ads.. And also are simply promulgated from an Internet Packet Forum. These need to stay on the Internet Packet Forum…

      73 Jerry Kutche N9LYA

      ARRL Net Manager Indiana Section – Packet Net

      HF Skipnet Coordinator

      IP Coordinator Indiana

      Packet Coordinator Indiana

      http://www.n9lya.com

      http://www.w9otr.org

      http://www.indianapacketcouncil.org

      http://www.mitchellwx.com

      http://tinyurl.com/y7faewx

    • Jerry - N9LYA
      Message 2 of 5 , May 1 10:15 AM

        I do not want to upset Bill either. If we could set them to be held,  then I could look them over and If I see one that concerns me I could decide to pass it along or not…

        Right now I have seen a few that make me think they are automatically extracted from the internet forum and sent out without review…

        Bill may be unaware that some of the topics in that forum are concerning… At least to a few of us…

        Not implying anyone is doing anything wrong.. the content of these just concerns a few.. of us and we fell any commercial content needs to be either removed not forwarded or blocked..

        If we can accomplish that without rejecting any one great…

        I can get oodles of  @ww from KQ0I over my 40 meter port.

        73 Jerry

        I wish BPQ allowed better control over what is accepted and what can be rejected..  I am sure 99% of Bills forwards are perfectly fine and unconcerning..

        Message 3 of 5 , May 1 12:50 PM
          I wish BPQ allowed better control over what is accepted and what can be rejected..

          Without that fundamental ability, it cannot be taken seriously as a Packet BBS program... This is not an option, but rather a necessity.

        • Jeff - WA4ZKO
          Message 4 of 5 , May 1 1:10 PM
            Sounds like time for a fresh "wish list" for it?

            73
            Jeff
            WA4ZKO

            --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "Charles Brabham" <n5pvl@...> wrote:

            > I wish BPQ allowed better control over what is accepted and what can be rejected..
            >
            > Without that fundamental ability, it cannot be taken seriously as a Packet BBS program... This is not an option, but rather a necessity.

          • ve3uil
            Message 5 of 5 , May 2 6:57 AM
              Did you try the BAD WORDS filter in BPQMAILCHAT?