UROnode resurrected

  • Jeff - WA4ZKO
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 27, 2010
      FYI,

      KD1ZD is working with the UROnode code and has it running on a fairly modern kernel on CentOS. Probably more Flexnet friendly than BPQ32 is and maybe a more reasonable approach for remote sites than a Windows PC.

      From:
      http://www.rtcubed.org/kd1zd/

      "With a little work, I've been able to port UROnode to Linux kernel 2.6.18. The reason is so that I can use it with the stock CentOS 5.4 kernel. If you would like this port, please download it here. I changed the version to 1.0.8, as this was based off of UROnode 1.0.7. In the future, I may change this to reflect a generic name, as I try to add improvements. Suggestions are welcome. My first priority is to try and figure out how to add the ability to update a flexnet node with the uronode information. This would enable the possibility of "bridging" NET/ROM and Flexnet systems."

      Don't know if he really wants to be the official maintainer of it, but guess you could say it's been given a 2nd life.

      73
      Jeff
      WA4ZKO