UROnode <> BPQ32 keeplive/polling issue

  • Jeff - WA4ZKO
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 27, 2010
      Well we got BPQ32 talking to a UROnode/JNOS system at a basic level, exchanging node lists and so forth.
      But we have a problem.

      Seems that BPQ32's neighbor node "polling" functionality is not being very neighborly. The polling from the BPQ32 node creates repeated logins to the UROnode which set there idle till the UROnode times them out.

      Any way to address this? Would a locked route help?

      Been requested before, but I really think we need some way to control this polling behavior. I see the perks of it, but it looks like it will be problematic in various situations. Situations that many of us will likely run into as our network grows and we need to work-n-play well with other nos systems out there.

      Maybe a way for the BPQ32 node to detect a non-BPQ node and not use this polling functionality against non-BPQ nodes?

      Thoughts? Suggestions?

      73
      Jeff
      WA4ZKO