Re: [BPQ32] connect scripts

  • Ron Stordahl
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 6 12:02 PM
      Mark

      I am not aware of any scripting capability, if there were I would expect
      to find that in BPQTerminal for example. However John may see the merit
      in your request.

      However your mentioning scripting caused me to recall a discovery I made
      with AR-Cluster and scripting. When using the OCX interface and having
      AR-Cluster run a script to connect to a remote radio user, if the user's
      TNC was off, AR-Cluster would crash and had to be restarted. I
      presented this problem to Terry AB5K on several occasions, but it has
      never been fixed. I suspect it's in AR-Cluster as simply switching to
      the AGWtoBPQ interface fixed it. It's no longer an issue for me.

      Ron

      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 6 12:14 PM
        Mark,

        Yes, you can put something like

        APPLICATIONS=BBS,JNW,*SYS,CLUSTER,FLEX/C 1 K2CAN

        Then a user on the switch can just issue the command "FLEX".

        You can have up to 8 entries on the APPLICATIONS line, and each entry is
        limited to 16 bytes, so it is not all that flexible.

        Regards,

        I'm probably not explaining this very well but here goes...

        In XRouter it is possible to add a line at the end of the config file to
        allow connects to outside applications/nodes/etc. running on other machines.
        For example, I run a FlexNet digi and this line allows connections to it
        by simply issuing the command 'flex' -

        COMMAND=FLEX C 1 K2CAN

        (the command is [C]onnect [1]port # [K2CAN] callsign/ssid)

        Is there a way to add a connect script (maybe at the end of the
        bpqcfg.txt file?) to allow a connect to an outside callsign using an
        alias as above?

        - Mark K2CAN

        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • Mark Harloff