Re: [BPQ32] Re: BPQ Mail and Chat Server Mail Forwarding from/toWinlink

  • Kenneth Jacobs
    Message 1 of 15 , Apr 9, 2010
      Hello Jouko,

      I am running the very latest version...and we use the RMS feature very
      heavily in our area.

      I just sent a test message to you using BBS console and addressed to
      rms:oh5rm@.......the same address listed in your original post. I am
      not sure what would happen if you used only rms:kd6pgi as we have never
      tried that. However, BPQMail will not send a message to RMS if the
      callsign@... is also listed as a user on the BBS. It simply
      leaves the message on the BBS for that user to pickup.

      I assume on your BBS you have a user setup as RMS. That should be marked
      as a BBS, but NOT marked to poll RMS. You only set the poll RMS checkbox
      for the users you would like to poll winlink traffic.

      How is your forwarding setup for the RMS?

      Ken KD6PGI
      Hood River County ARES
      AEC - Digital

      On 4/8/2010 11:38 PM, oh5rm wrote:

      > Hmmmm... Really strange.
      > Which version are you Ken using? Have you tried rms:kd6pgi ?
      > I think I first used ...m but now have two times un/installed and using
      > the latest...n.
      > It then looks like there in sw is some flag not to send to RMS and when
      > it once is set it cannot be resetted, not even by new installation?????
      > In some "hidden" file??
      >
      > Jouko OH5RM
      >
      > --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com <mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com>, Kenneth
      > Jacobs <kd6pgi@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hummm....I just tried sending a message to rms/kd6pgi@... using
      > > the BPQ BBS console. It went to the RMS fine and was delivered to my
      > > email box just as it should.
      > >
      > > Ken KD6PGI
      > > Hood River County ARES
      > > AEC - Digital

    • oh5rm
      Message 2 of 15 , Apr 9, 2010
        Yes RMS WAS marked poll RMS. By removing it all seems to work OK.
        I was so sure I did read somewhere it should be set that I din't try that alternative, but everything else during two days, HI
        Thanks for the patience and help.

        Jouko OH5RM