BPQ32_409u_Beta_20060306A available in the files section

  • Ron Stordahl
    Message 1 of 14 , Mar 6 10:57 AM
      This is the second beta release for March/6/2006, which corrects a
      problem discovered by K2CAN when using the OCX interface with
      AR-Cluster. AR-Cluster users should be using release 4.4.22 of AR-Cluster.

      This release also corrects a problem pertaining to multiple instances of
      BPQ32.

      This beta release is available in the files section of the BPQ32 Yahoo
      Group:

      The details of this new release can be found in a document
      BPQ32_409u_Beta_20060306.htm contained in the above folder.

      Ron Stordahl, N5IN
    • Gary - N3JPU
      Message 2 of 14 , Mar 9 12:32 PM
        I am using BPQ32 to provide a Telnet interface to WinLink 2.9's packet port
        using BPQTNC2.

        If I set BPQTNC2 to be a virtual port and set WinLink's packet module to
        that port I can connect and have no issues.

        If I set BPQTNC2 to be a Real port (ex. Com 2) and loop that physical port
        to Com 3, which is what WinLink's Packet port is set to, everything seems
        fine but if I connect to the BBS and ask for a list of messages I always
        miss the last line. In the Virtual mode this does not happen. I really want
        to run this between 2 boxes. I am testing the above scenario on a Win2000
        Pro box (which WinLink 2.9 acts up on).

        Gary Mitchelson
        N3JPU Montgomery Co. MD FM19
        USAF MARS and SHARES: AFA1PU/AFF1MD/AFF1M
        http://www.mitchelson.org/
      • dshults
        Message 3 of 14 , Mar 9 8:05 PM
          Gary,
          If both systems are on the same ethernet network, you should
          be able to use Johns ethernet driver. Working fine on my
          network. Here's a sample:

          PORT ; Ethernet link to House packet systems
          PORTNUM=1
          ID=Ethernet To Other Systems
          TYPE=EXTERNAL
          DLLNAME=BPQEther.DLL
          QUALITY=248
          MAXFRAME=7
          FRACK=7000
          RESPTIME=1000
          RETRIES=10
          PACLEN=236
          ENDPORT

          And the BPQether.cfg file: Watch the line-wrap here.

          ################### BPQEther File for Northwood ####################
          #BPQPort 1
          TXMODE 1 RLI #
          BPQ or RLI
          RXMODE 1 RLI #
          BPQ or RLI
          TYPE 1 08FF #
          Ethernet Type
          DEST 1 FF-FF-FF-FF-FF-FF #
          Target Ethernet Addr - Broadcast
          SOURCE 1 00-A0-0C-C0-28-1F #
          Source Ethernet Addr
          ADAPTER 1 \Device\NPF_{CA565628-E0EF-49C8-8055-09EB5E05839A} #
          Adapter Name

          You'll want to use BPQ rather than RLI modes.
          Need to install WinPcap to create the ADAPTER text.

          73, Duane N7QDN

          --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "Gary - N3JPU" <n3jpu@...> wrote:

          > I am using BPQ32 to provide a Telnet interface to WinLink 2.9's
          packet port
          > using BPQTNC2.
          >
          > If I set BPQTNC2 to be a virtual port and set WinLink's packet
          module to
          > that port I can connect and have no issues.
          >
          > If I set BPQTNC2 to be a Real port (ex. Com 2) and loop that
          physical port
          > to Com 3, which is what WinLink's Packet port is set to,
          everything seems
          > fine but if I connect to the BBS and ask for a list of messages I
          always
          > miss the last line. In the Virtual mode this does not happen. I
          really want
          > to run this between 2 boxes. I am testing the above scenario on a
          Win2000
          > Pro box (which WinLink 2.9 acts up on).
          >
          > Gary Mitchelson
          > N3JPU Montgomery Co. MD FM19
          > USAF MARS and SHARES: AFA1PU/AFF1MD/AFF1M
          > http://www.mitchelson.org/

        • Gary - N3JPU
          Message 4 of 14 , Mar 10 2:33 AM
            They are on one Win98 box and I need the Real drivers to link to WinLink
            Packet since V ports do not work on Win98.

            Message 5 of 14 , Mar 11 3:51 PM
              OK, I have tried several things but it looks like this problem is an issue
              with BPQTNC2 when running "Real" com ports. I have done some more in depth
              tests and this is what I am seeing.

              I have a serial port capture program monitoring the com port that is running
              BPQTNC2, this is what is coming into the com port (and what I see on the
              packet module of Winlink 2.9):

              [WinLink-2.9-FHIMR2T$]AFA1PU de AFA1PU>
              ll 10
              NUMBER TS SIZE TO FROM AT FILED(Z) SUBJECT
              1142 PY 242 AAR5VQ AFA1PU AT5TMI 0312/0333 BBS ROUTE TEST
              1133 PY 250 AFA2ZS AFA1PU AFA2ZS 0311/0621 Re: It Works
              1132 PN 102 AFA1QW AFA1PU AFA1PU 0311/0616 Re: bbs/bbs
              1131 PY 208 AFA1PU AFA2ZS AFA1PU 0307/1917 It Works
              1130 PY 93 AFA1PU AFA1QW AFA1PU 0311/0454 bbs/bbs
              AFA1PU de AFA1PU>

              This is what BPQ Terminal and Telnet sees:

              [WinLink-2.9-FHIMR2T$]
              AFA1PU de AFA1PU>
              NUMBER TS SIZE TO FROM AT FILED(Z) SUBJECT
              1142 PY 242 AAR5VQ AFA1PU AT5TMI 0312/0333 BBS ROUTE TEST
              1133 PY 250 AFA2ZS AFA1PU AFA2ZS 0311/0621 Re: It Works
              1132 PN 10

              As you can see the last 1 to 2 lines and prompt never get displayed. If I
              have BPQTNC2 setup as a Virtual port I do not see this problem. But I can't
              run it with V ports, that was just a test to see if the problem existed
              there.

              Message 6 of 14 , Mar 11 4:45 PM
                Gary,
                Monitor the CTS signal in the BPQTNC2 window. Does it toggle
                off and on (as flow control should)? When your received data
                stops, is CTS no longer asserted? If not check the box, the
                data transfer will resume. Try forcing an L2 connection and
                perform the same test. I thought this was only a problem here
                when talking to my other SNOS machine via ethernet... but it
                also occurs between two BPQ32 machines via ethernet. I
                understand the conditions between our stations are different,
                but the symptom appears to be similar.

                Forcing L2 connections has been my workaround.

                ... Duane

                --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "Gary - N3JPU" <n3jpu@...> wrote:

                > OK, I have tried several things but it looks like this problem is
                an issue
                > with BPQTNC2 when running "Real" com ports. I have done some more
                in depth
                > tests and this is what I am seeing.
                >
                > I have a serial port capture program monitoring the com port that
                is running
                > BPQTNC2, this is what is coming into the com port (and what I see
                on the
                > packet module of Winlink 2.9):
                >

                > [WinLink-2.9-FHIMR2T$]AFA1PU de AFA1PU>
                > ll 10
                > NUMBER TS SIZE TO FROM AT FILED(Z) SUBJECT
                > 1142 PY 242 AAR5VQ AFA1PU AT5TMI 0312/0333 BBS ROUTE TEST
                > 1133 PY 250 AFA2ZS AFA1PU AFA2ZS 0311/0621 Re: It Works
                > 1132 PN 102 AFA1QW AFA1PU AFA1PU 0311/0616 Re: bbs/bbs
                > 1131 PY 208 AFA1PU AFA2ZS AFA1PU 0307/1917 It Works
                > 1130 PY 93 AFA1PU AFA1QW AFA1PU 0311/0454 bbs/bbs
                > AFA1PU de AFA1PU>
                >

                > This is what BPQ Terminal and Telnet sees:
                >
                > [WinLink-2.9-FHIMR2T$]
                > AFA1PU de AFA1PU>
                > NUMBER TS SIZE TO FROM AT FILED(Z) SUBJECT
                > 1142 PY 242 AAR5VQ AFA1PU AT5TMI 0312/0333 BBS ROUTE TEST
                > 1133 PY 250 AFA2ZS AFA1PU AFA2ZS 0311/0621 Re: It Works
                > 1132 PN 10
                >

                > As you can see the last 1 to 2 lines and prompt never get
                displayed. If I
                > have BPQTNC2 setup as a Virtual port I do not see this problem.
                But I can't
                > run it with V ports, that was just a test to see if the problem
                existed
                > there.
                >
                > Gary Mitchelson
                > N3JPU Montgomery Co. MD FM19
                > USAF MARS and SHARES: AFA1PU/AFF1MD/AFF1M
                > http://www.mitchelson.org/

              • Gary - N3JPU
                Message 7 of 14 , Mar 11 4:57 PM
                  The CTS box never changes from empty. I have tried a cable as the BPQ
                  document shows and one wired through with no luck.

                  OK, where do I force the connection to be L2?

                  Monitor the CTS signal in the BPQTNC2 window. Does it toggle off and on (as
                  flow control should)? When your received data stops, is CTS no longer
                  asserted? If not check the box, the data transfer will resume. Try forcing
                  an L2 connection and perform the same test. I thought this was only a
                  problem here when talking to my other SNOS machine via ethernet... but it
                  also occurs between two BPQ32 machines via ethernet. I understand the
                  conditions between our stations are different, but the symptom appears to be
                  similar.

                  Forcing L2 connections has been my workaround.

                  ... Duane

                  --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "Gary - N3JPU" <n3jpu@...> wrote:

                  > OK, I have tried several things but it looks like this problem is
                  an issue
                  > with BPQTNC2 when running "Real" com ports. I have done some more
                  in depth
                  > tests and this is what I am seeing.
                  >
                  > I have a serial port capture program monitoring the com port that
                  is running
                  > BPQTNC2, this is what is coming into the com port (and what I see
                  on the
                  > packet module of Winlink 2.9):
                  >

                  > [WinLink-2.9-FHIMR2T$]AFA1PU de AFA1PU>
                  > ll 10
                  > NUMBER TS SIZE TO FROM AT FILED(Z) SUBJECT
                  > 1142 PY 242 AAR5VQ AFA1PU AT5TMI 0312/0333 BBS ROUTE TEST
                  > 1133 PY 250 AFA2ZS AFA1PU AFA2ZS 0311/0621 Re: It Works
                  > 1132 PN 102 AFA1QW AFA1PU AFA1PU 0311/0616 Re: bbs/bbs
                  > 1131 PY 208 AFA1PU AFA2ZS AFA1PU 0307/1917 It Works
                  > 1130 PY 93 AFA1PU AFA1QW AFA1PU 0311/0454 bbs/bbs
                  > AFA1PU de AFA1PU>
                  >

                  > This is what BPQ Terminal and Telnet sees:
                  >
                  > [WinLink-2.9-FHIMR2T$]
                  > AFA1PU de AFA1PU>
                  > NUMBER TS SIZE TO FROM AT FILED(Z) SUBJECT
                  > 1142 PY 242 AAR5VQ AFA1PU AT5TMI 0312/0333 BBS ROUTE TEST
                  > 1133 PY 250 AFA2ZS AFA1PU AFA2ZS 0311/0621 Re: It Works
                  > 1132 PN 10
                  >

                  > As you can see the last 1 to 2 lines and prompt never get
                  displayed. If I
                  > have BPQTNC2 setup as a Virtual port I do not see this problem.
                  But I can't
                  > run it with V ports, that was just a test to see if the problem
                  existed
                  > there.
                  >
                  > Gary Mitchelson
                  > N3JPU Montgomery Co. MD FM19
                  > USAF MARS and SHARES: AFA1PU/AFF1MD/AFF1M
                  > http://www.mitchelson.org/

                  Yahoo! Groups Links
                • dshults
                  Message 8 of 14 , Mar 11 5:03 PM
                    Make the link by connecting to the alias with any SSID rather
                    than connecting to the call. You also must provide a port to
                    connect out on. Example: C 1 JENHF-1

                    ... Duane

                    --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "Gary - N3JPU" <n3jpu@...> wrote:

                    > The CTS box never changes from empty. I have tried a cable as the
                    BPQ
                    > document shows and one wired through with no luck.
                    >
                    > OK, where do I force the connection to be L2?

                    Behalf Of
                    > dshults
                    > Sent: Saturday, March 11, 2006 19:45
                    > To: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com
                    > Subject: [BPQ32] Re: BPQTNC2 problem
                    >

                    > Gary,
                    > Monitor the CTS signal in the BPQTNC2 window. Does it toggle off
                    and on (as
                    > flow control should)? When your received data stops, is CTS no
                    longer
                    > asserted? If not check the box, the data transfer will resume. Try
                    forcing
                    > an L2 connection and perform the same test. I thought this was
                    only a
                    > problem here when talking to my other SNOS machine via ethernet...
                    but it
                    > also occurs between two BPQ32 machines via ethernet. I understand
                    the
                    > conditions between our stations are different, but the symptom
                    appears to be
                    > similar.
                    >
                    > Forcing L2 connections has been my workaround.
                    >
                    > ... Duane
                    >

                    > --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "Gary - N3JPU" <n3jpu@> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > OK, I have tried several things but it looks like this problem is
                    > an issue
                    > > with BPQTNC2 when running "Real" com ports. I have done some more
                    > in depth
                    > > tests and this is what I am seeing.
                    > >
                    > > I have a serial port capture program monitoring the com port that
                    > is running
                    > > BPQTNC2, this is what is coming into the com port (and what I see
                    > on the
                    > > packet module of Winlink 2.9):
                    > >

                    > > [WinLink-2.9-FHIMR2T$]AFA1PU de AFA1PU>
                    > > ll 10
                    > > NUMBER TS SIZE TO FROM AT FILED(Z) SUBJECT
                    > > 1142 PY 242 AAR5VQ AFA1PU AT5TMI 0312/0333 BBS ROUTE TEST
                    > > 1133 PY 250 AFA2ZS AFA1PU AFA2ZS 0311/0621 Re: It Works
                    > > 1132 PN 102 AFA1QW AFA1PU AFA1PU 0311/0616 Re: bbs/bbs
                    > > 1131 PY 208 AFA1PU AFA2ZS AFA1PU 0307/1917 It Works
                    > > 1130 PY 93 AFA1PU AFA1QW AFA1PU 0311/0454 bbs/bbs
                    > > AFA1PU de AFA1PU>
                    > >

                    > > This is what BPQ Terminal and Telnet sees:
                    > >
                    > > [WinLink-2.9-FHIMR2T$]
                    > > AFA1PU de AFA1PU>
                    > > NUMBER TS SIZE TO FROM AT FILED(Z) SUBJECT
                    > > 1142 PY 242 AAR5VQ AFA1PU AT5TMI 0312/0333 BBS ROUTE TEST
                    > > 1133 PY 250 AFA2ZS AFA1PU AFA2ZS 0311/0621 Re: It Works
                    > > 1132 PN 10
                    > >

                    > > As you can see the last 1 to 2 lines and prompt never get
                    > displayed. If I
                    > > have BPQTNC2 setup as a Virtual port I do not see this problem.
                    > But I can't
                    > > run it with V ports, that was just a test to see if the problem
                    > existed
                    > > there.
                    > >
                    > > Gary Mitchelson
                    > > N3JPU Montgomery Co. MD FM19
                    > > USAF MARS and SHARES: AFA1PU/AFF1MD/AFF1M
                    > > http://www.mitchelson.org/
                    > >

                    > Yahoo! Groups Links

                  • Gary - N3JPU
                    Message 9 of 14 , Mar 11 5:26 PM
                      I have tried that before and just now again and get a failure. Need to dig
                      in some more.

                      Message 10 of 14 , Mar 11 5:50 PM
                        Connecting at L2 does not resolve the problem.

                        Message 11 of 14 , Mar 12 12:44 AM
                          Gary,

                          Unfortunately I can't test with real com ports here, as my laptop doesn't
                          have any. I'm going back down to Nottingham next week and will try to
                          reproduce the problem then. In the meantime, could you download and run
                          portmon from http://www.sysinternals.com/utilities/portmon.html?
                          Unfortunately the way that winlink polls the serial driver means that you
                          will get a huge output, but if you enable monitoring just before sending the
                          message, then disable immediately afterwards, the output should be
                          manageable.

                          Thanks,

                          Message 12 of 14 , Mar 12 5:30 AM
                            I am using Aggsoft's port monitor (that are the captures I had below)
                            http://www.aggsoft.com/serial-data-logger.htm. I will try this monitor. Do
                            you want me to monitor the port on the BPQ side or the one on the Winlink
                            side?

                            Message 13 of 14 , Mar 12 5:49 AM
                              Gary,

                              Can you monitor both sides?

                              Thanks,

                              Message 14 of 14 , Mar 12 6:12 AM
                                I'm sending you a capture directly in a few minutes.