Re: [BPQ32] Re: BPQ Mail and Chat Server Mail Forwarding from/toWinlink

  • Kenneth Jacobs
    Message 1 of 27 , Apr 8 12:47 PM
      Oops...just noticed that you were trying to send to an your callsign at
      an outside email address...that should have gone through. John is right,
      there is a bug there.

      Ken KD6PGI
      Hood River County ARES
      AEC - Digital

      On 4/8/2010 11:30 AM, Kenneth Jacobs wrote:
      > Hello Jouko,
      >
      > If you are sending a message to a user@... who also has a
      > mailbox on the bbs, the bbs does not send the message to the RMS. It
      > simply places it in the mailbox for the user.
      >
      > Try sending a message to an address for somebody who is not a user on
      > the BBS...it should go through fine.
      >
      > Ken KD6PGI
      > Hood River County ARES
      > AEC - Digital
      >
      > On 4/8/2010 11:13 AM, oh5rm wrote:
      >>

      >> When testing the setup today forward was no more working to WINLINK.
      >> Here copy of typical BPQMail Monitor window
      >> <OH5RM-13 sp rms:oh5rm@...<mailto:oh5rm%40sral.fi>
      >> >OH5RM-13 Enter Title (only):
      >> <OH5RM-13 FWDTEST
      >> >OH5RM-13 Enter Message Text (end with /ex or ctrl/z)
      >> <OH5RM-13 MSG
      >> <OH5RM-13 /ex
      >> ?OH5RM-13 Routing Trace @ winlink.org, but local RMS user - leave here
      >> >OH5RM-13 Message: 4 Bid: 4_OH5RM Size: 5
      >> >OH5RM-13 de OH5RM>
      >>
      >> I cannot understand why the message says ..."local RMS user, leave
      >> here". I dont know of any changes in configurations.
      >>
      >> RMS Packet is working OK when connected directly.
      >> Any help welcome.
      >>
      >> 73 Jouko OH5RM
      >>
      >> --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com<mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com>, "oh5rm"
      >> <oh5rm@...> wrote:
      >> >

      >> > John and Serge,
      >> >
      >> > Thanks for the help.
      >> > Initial tests made with BPQTerminal connected to the BPQMail and it
      >> seems to work OK. Maybe tomorrow live tests on 80m WINMOR.
      >> >
      >> > Jouko OH5RM

    • oh5rm
      Message 2 of 27 , Apr 8 12:55 PM
        OK, good to know, because I have tried during the day everything possible, but it keeps the messages from all senders to all addresses and will not forward anything to WL.

        The mystery however is why it worked OK in the first tests. But after system restart there came this problem.

        Jouko OH5RM

        --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, John Wiseman <john.wiseman@...> wrote:

        > Jouko,
        >
        > This is a bug in mailchat. It should keep message to yourcall@..., but not others.
        >
        > I'm on my boat at the momemt, but will look into it when I get back

      • Kenneth Jacobs
        Message 3 of 27 , Apr 8 2:35 PM
          Hummm....I just tried sending a message to rms/kd6pgi@... using
          the BPQ BBS console. It went to the RMS fine and was delivered to my
          email box just as it should.

          Ken KD6PGI
          Hood River County ARES
          AEC - Digital

          On 4/8/2010 11:51 AM, John Wiseman wrote:

          > Jouko,
          >
          > This is a bug in mailchat. It should keep message to
          > yourcall@... <mailto:yourcall%40winlink.org>, but not others.
          >
          > I'm on my boat at the momemt, but will look into it when I get back

        • oh5rm
          Message 4 of 27 , Apr 8 11:38 PM
            Hmmmm... Really strange.
            Which version are you Ken using? Have you tried rms:kd6pgi ?
            I think I first used ...m but now have two times un/installed and using the latest...n.
            It then looks like there in sw is some flag not to send to RMS and when it once is set it cannot be resetted, not even by new installation????? In some "hidden" file??

            Jouko OH5RM

            --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, Kenneth Jacobs <kd6pgi@...> wrote:

            > Hummm....I just tried sending a message to rms/kd6pgi@... using
            > the BPQ BBS console. It went to the RMS fine and was delivered to my
            > email box just as it should.
            >
            > Ken KD6PGI
            > Hood River County ARES
            > AEC - Digital

          • Kenneth Jacobs
            Message 5 of 27 , Apr 9 7:42 AM
              Hello Jouko,

              I am running the very latest version...and we use the RMS feature very
              heavily in our area.

              I just sent a test message to you using BBS console and addressed to
              rms:oh5rm@.......the same address listed in your original post. I am
              not sure what would happen if you used only rms:kd6pgi as we have never
              tried that. However, BPQMail will not send a message to RMS if the
              callsign@... is also listed as a user on the BBS. It simply
              leaves the message on the BBS for that user to pickup.

              I assume on your BBS you have a user setup as RMS. That should be marked
              as a BBS, but NOT marked to poll RMS. You only set the poll RMS checkbox
              for the users you would like to poll winlink traffic.

              How is your forwarding setup for the RMS?

              Ken KD6PGI
              Hood River County ARES
              AEC - Digital

              On 4/8/2010 11:38 PM, oh5rm wrote:

              > Hmmmm... Really strange.
              > Which version are you Ken using? Have you tried rms:kd6pgi ?
              > I think I first used ...m but now have two times un/installed and using
              > the latest...n.
              > It then looks like there in sw is some flag not to send to RMS and when
              > it once is set it cannot be resetted, not even by new installation?????
              > In some "hidden" file??
              >
              > Jouko OH5RM
              >
              > --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com <mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com>, Kenneth
              > Jacobs <kd6pgi@...> wrote:
              > >
              > > Hummm....I just tried sending a message to rms/kd6pgi@... using
              > > the BPQ BBS console. It went to the RMS fine and was delivered to my
              > > email box just as it should.
              > >
              > > Ken KD6PGI
              > > Hood River County ARES
              > > AEC - Digital

            • oh5rm
              Message 6 of 27 , Apr 9 8:40 AM
                Yes RMS WAS marked poll RMS. By removing it all seems to work OK.
                I was so sure I did read somewhere it should be set that I din't try that alternative, but everything else during two days, HI
                Thanks for the patience and help.

                Jouko OH5RM

                --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, Kenneth Jacobs <kd6pgi@...> wrote:

                > Hello Jouko,
                >
                > I am running the very latest version...and we use the RMS feature very
                > heavily in our area.
                >
                > I just sent a test message to you using BBS console and addressed to
                > rms:oh5rm@... same address listed in your original post. I am
                > not sure what would happen if you used only rms:kd6pgi as we have never
                > tried that. However, BPQMail will not send a message to RMS if the
                > callsign@... is also listed as a user on the BBS. It simply
                > leaves the message on the BBS for that user to pickup.
                >
                > I assume on your BBS you have a user setup as RMS. That should be marked
                > as a BBS, but NOT marked to poll RMS. You only set the poll RMS checkbox
                > for the users you would like to poll winlink traffic.
                >
                > How is your forwarding setup for the RMS?
                >

                > Ken KD6PGI
                > Hood River County ARES
                > AEC - Digital
                >
                > On 4/8/2010 11:38 PM, oh5rm wrote:
                > >

                > > Hmmmm... Really strange.
                > > Which version are you Ken using? Have you tried rms:kd6pgi ?
                > > I think I first used ...m but now have two times un/installed and using
                > > the latest...n.
                > > It then looks like there in sw is some flag not to send to RMS and when
                > > it once is set it cannot be resetted, not even by new installation?????
                > > In some "hidden" file??
                > >
                > > Jouko OH5RM
                > >
                > > --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com <mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com>, Kenneth
                > > Jacobs <kd6pgi@> wrote:
                > > >
                > > > Hummm....I just tried sending a message to rms/kd6pgi@ using
                > > > the BPQ BBS console. It went to the RMS fine and was delivered to my
                > > > email box just as it should.
                > > >
                > > > Ken KD6PGI
                > > > Hood River County ARES
                > > > AEC - Digital

              • kevinld76
                Message 7 of 27 , Dec 14, 2015

                  I am trying to configure the forwarding option for the user RMS I created as the documentation states but I feel I have missed something. Messages just will not forward out to the CMS. Can anyone provide me with a screen shot of what their configuration looks like for this?

                  Thanks!

                • Dave
                  Message 8 of 27 , Dec 14, 2015

                  On 12/14/2015 10:59 AM, kevinld76@... [BPQ32] wrote:

                  I am trying to configure the forwarding option for the user RMS I created as the documentation states but I feel I have missed something. Messages just will not forward out to the CMS. Can anyone provide me with a screen shot of what their configuration looks like for this?

                  Thanks!

                  Do you have user RMS configured as a BBS?

                • Dave
                  Message 9 of 27 , Dec 14, 2015
                    Oh yes, if you want to poll for incoming messages, you also need to check the "request reverse" box.

                    On 12/14/2015 10:59 AM, kevinld76@... [BPQ32] wrote:

                    I am trying to configure the forwarding option for the user RMS I created as the documentation states but I feel I have missed something. Messages just will not forward out to the CMS. Can anyone provide me with a screen shot of what their configuration looks like for this?

                    Thanks!

                  • Kevin Davidson
                    Message 10 of 27 , Dec 14, 2015

                      I seem to have everything correct based on your sample but when I send a personal message addressed to an @... is simply comes back to the SYSOP.

                      Message 11 of 27 , Dec 14, 2015

                                        Do you have the user account in BPQ-Mail authorized for  Permit Email and possible SSID?

                        73 Bill

                        N9ACQ

                      • Kevin Davidson
                        Message 12 of 27 , Dec 14, 2015

                          Yes those are both selected. I am at a loss here. I am new to this and its definitely thrown me for a loop. Its odd because the messages always make their way back to the SYSOP bbs account.

                          Message 13 of 27 , Dec 14, 2015
                            are you sending the message to yourself?
                            Try using a different e-mail address.
                            Dave

                            Message 14 of 27 , Dec 14, 2015

                              Ive tried sending messages to various @... addresses as well as a standard email address. I am wondering if my config file is this issue somewhere.

                              Message 15 of 27 , Dec 14, 2015

                                                The BPQ port definitions, User definitions and forwarding scripts are all interrelated. I would need the BPQ32.config, BPQMail.cfg files and screen shots of the user definitions and forwarding configuration for each user.

                                73 Bill

                                N9ACQ

                                Message 16 of 27 , Dec 14, 2015
                                  Can you send me the LOG_BBS output for when you queued the message. I may be
                                  able to see from that what is going on.

                                  Message 17 of 27 , Dec 14, 2015

                                  personal message addressed to an @winlink.org is simply comes back to the

                                  Message 18 of 27 , Dec 14, 2015

                                    Kevin,

                                    151214 11:30:45 |RMS       RMS Disconnected

                                    151214 11:32:44 ?          Msg 60 Routing Trace To RMS Via KD5WVV@...

                                    151214 11:32:44 ?          Message @ winlink.org, but local RMS user - leave here

                                    The message to KD5WVV is not sent, as you are set up to collect messages for him from the CMS, so there is no point in sending it, as it will immediately be sent back

                                    151214 11:37:43 ?          Msg 61 Routing Trace To RMS Via KD5WVW@...

                                    151214 11:37:43 ?          Routing Trace to RMS Matches BBS RMS

                                    The message to KD5WVW is queued to go to the CMS

                                    151214 11:37:52 |RMS       Connecting to BBS RMS

                                    151214 11:37:52 <RMS       *** CONNECTED

                                    151214 11:37:52 >RMS       CMS

                                    151214 11:37:53 <RMS       Trying sandiego.winlink.org

                                    151214 11:37:53 <RMS       *** N5CST Connected to CMS

                                    151214 11:37:53 <RMS       [WL2K-3.2-B2FWIHJM$]

                                    151214 11:37:53 <RMS       ;PQ: 55915554

                                    151214 11:37:53 <RMS       SanDiego CMS via N5CST >

                                    151214 11:37:53 >RMS       ;FW: N5CST KD5WVV|88623291

                                    151214 11:37:53 >RMS       [BPQ-1.4.65.1-B2FIHJM$]

                                    151214 11:37:54 >RMS       ;PR: 07490805

                                    151214 11:37:54 ?RMS       B2 From KD5WVV

                                    151214 11:37:54 ?RMS       B2 From Finally KD5WVV

                                    151214 11:37:54 |          Compressed Message Comp Len 173 Msg Len 196 CRC 585e

                                    151214 11:37:54 ?RMS       B2 From KD5WVV

                                    151214 11:37:54 ?RMS       B2 From Finally KD5WVV

                                    151214 11:37:54 |          Compressed Message Comp Len 171 Msg Len 190 CRC f92c

                                    151214 11:37:54 >RMS       FC EM 59_N5CST 196 173 0

                                    151214 11:37:54 >RMS       FC EM 61_N5CST 190 171 0

                                    151214 11:37:54 >RMS       F> 35

                                    151214 11:37:54 <RMS       *** [1] Secure login failed - account password does not match. - Disconnecting (184.180.253.197)

                                    151214 11:37:54 >RMS       *** Protocol Error - Line should start with 'F'

                                    151214 11:37:55 |RMS       RMS Disconnected

                                    You connect to the CMS, but there is a password authentication error. You probably have the wrong password set for N5CST.

                                    73, John