Re: BPQ Mail and Chat Server Mail Forwarding from/to Winlink

  • oh5rm
    Message 1 of 15 , Apr 6, 2010
      John and Serge,

      Thanks for the help.
      Initial tests made with BPQTerminal connected to the BPQMail and it seems to work OK. Maybe tomorrow live tests on 80m WINMOR.

      Jouko OH5RM
    • oh5rm
      Message 2 of 15 , Apr 8, 2010
        When testing the setup today forward was no more working to WINLINK.
        Here copy of typical BPQMail Monitor window
        <OH5RM-13 sp rms:oh5rm@...
        >OH5RM-13 Enter Title (only):
        <OH5RM-13 FWDTEST
        >OH5RM-13 Enter Message Text (end with /ex or ctrl/z)
        <OH5RM-13 MSG
        <OH5RM-13 /ex
        ?OH5RM-13 Routing Trace @ winlink.org, but local RMS user - leave here
        >OH5RM-13 Message: 4 Bid: 4_OH5RM Size: 5
        >OH5RM-13 de OH5RM>

        I cannot understand why the message says ..."local RMS user, leave here". I dont know of any changes in configurations.

        RMS Packet is working OK when connected directly.
        Any help welcome.

        73 Jouko OH5RM

        --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "oh5rm" <oh5rm@...> wrote:

        > John and Serge,
        >
        > Thanks for the help.
        > Initial tests made with BPQTerminal connected to the BPQMail and it seems to work OK. Maybe tomorrow live tests on 80m WINMOR.
        >
        > Jouko OH5RM

      • Kenneth Jacobs
        Message 3 of 15 , Apr 8, 2010
          Hello Jouko,

          If you are sending a message to a user@... who also has a
          mailbox on the bbs, the bbs does not send the message to the RMS. It
          simply places it in the mailbox for the user.

          Try sending a message to an address for somebody who is not a user on
          the BBS...it should go through fine.

          Ken KD6PGI
          Hood River County ARES
          AEC - Digital

          Message 4 of 15 , Apr 8, 2010
            Jouko,

            This is a bug in mailchat. It should keep message to yourcall@..., but not others.

            I'm on my boat at the momemt, but will look into it when I get back

            Message 5 of 15 , Apr 8, 2010
              Oops...just noticed that you were trying to send to an your callsign at
              an outside email address...that should have gone through. John is right,
              there is a bug there.

              Ken KD6PGI
              Hood River County ARES
              AEC - Digital

              On 4/8/2010 11:30 AM, Kenneth Jacobs wrote:
              > Hello Jouko,
              >
              > If you are sending a message to a user@... who also has a
              > mailbox on the bbs, the bbs does not send the message to the RMS. It
              > simply places it in the mailbox for the user.
              >
              > Try sending a message to an address for somebody who is not a user on
              > the BBS...it should go through fine.
              >
              > Ken KD6PGI
              > Hood River County ARES
              > AEC - Digital
              >
              > On 4/8/2010 11:13 AM, oh5rm wrote:
              >>

              >> When testing the setup today forward was no more working to WINLINK.
              >> Here copy of typical BPQMail Monitor window
              >> <OH5RM-13 sp rms:oh5rm@...<mailto:oh5rm%40sral.fi>
              >> >OH5RM-13 Enter Title (only):
              >> <OH5RM-13 FWDTEST
              >> >OH5RM-13 Enter Message Text (end with /ex or ctrl/z)
              >> <OH5RM-13 MSG
              >> <OH5RM-13 /ex
              >> ?OH5RM-13 Routing Trace @ winlink.org, but local RMS user - leave here
              >> >OH5RM-13 Message: 4 Bid: 4_OH5RM Size: 5
              >> >OH5RM-13 de OH5RM>
              >>
              >> I cannot understand why the message says ..."local RMS user, leave
              >> here". I dont know of any changes in configurations.
              >>
              >> RMS Packet is working OK when connected directly.
              >> Any help welcome.
              >>
              >> 73 Jouko OH5RM
              >>
              >> --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com<mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com>, "oh5rm"
              >> <oh5rm@...> wrote:
              >> >

              >> > John and Serge,
              >> >
              >> > Thanks for the help.
              >> > Initial tests made with BPQTerminal connected to the BPQMail and it
              >> seems to work OK. Maybe tomorrow live tests on 80m WINMOR.
              >> >
              >> > Jouko OH5RM

            • oh5rm
              Message 6 of 15 , Apr 8, 2010
                OK, good to know, because I have tried during the day everything possible, but it keeps the messages from all senders to all addresses and will not forward anything to WL.

                The mystery however is why it worked OK in the first tests. But after system restart there came this problem.

                Jouko OH5RM

                Message 7 of 15 , Apr 8, 2010
                  Hummm....I just tried sending a message to rms/kd6pgi@... using
                  the BPQ BBS console. It went to the RMS fine and was delivered to my
                  email box just as it should.

                  Ken KD6PGI
                  Hood River County ARES
                  AEC - Digital

                  On 4/8/2010 11:51 AM, John Wiseman wrote:

                  > Jouko,
                  >
                  > This is a bug in mailchat. It should keep message to
                  > yourcall@... <mailto:yourcall%40winlink.org>, but not others.
                  >
                  > I'm on my boat at the momemt, but will look into it when I get back

                • oh5rm
                  Message 8 of 15 , Apr 8, 2010
                    Hmmmm... Really strange.
                    Which version are you Ken using? Have you tried rms:kd6pgi ?
                    I think I first used ...m but now have two times un/installed and using the latest...n.
                    It then looks like there in sw is some flag not to send to RMS and when it once is set it cannot be resetted, not even by new installation????? In some "hidden" file??

                    Jouko OH5RM

                    --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, Kenneth Jacobs <kd6pgi@...> wrote:

                    > Hummm....I just tried sending a message to rms/kd6pgi@... using
                    > the BPQ BBS console. It went to the RMS fine and was delivered to my
                    > email box just as it should.
                    >
                    > Ken KD6PGI
                    > Hood River County ARES
                    > AEC - Digital

                  • Kenneth Jacobs
                    Message 9 of 15 , Apr 9, 2010
                      Hello Jouko,

                      I am running the very latest version...and we use the RMS feature very
                      heavily in our area.

                      I just sent a test message to you using BBS console and addressed to
                      rms:oh5rm@.......the same address listed in your original post. I am
                      not sure what would happen if you used only rms:kd6pgi as we have never
                      tried that. However, BPQMail will not send a message to RMS if the
                      callsign@... is also listed as a user on the BBS. It simply
                      leaves the message on the BBS for that user to pickup.

                      I assume on your BBS you have a user setup as RMS. That should be marked
                      as a BBS, but NOT marked to poll RMS. You only set the poll RMS checkbox
                      for the users you would like to poll winlink traffic.

                      How is your forwarding setup for the RMS?

                      Ken KD6PGI
                      Hood River County ARES
                      AEC - Digital

                      On 4/8/2010 11:38 PM, oh5rm wrote:

                      > Hmmmm... Really strange.
                      > Which version are you Ken using? Have you tried rms:kd6pgi ?
                      > I think I first used ...m but now have two times un/installed and using
                      > the latest...n.
                      > It then looks like there in sw is some flag not to send to RMS and when
                      > it once is set it cannot be resetted, not even by new installation?????
                      > In some "hidden" file??
                      >
                      > Jouko OH5RM
                      >
                      > --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com <mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com>, Kenneth
                      > Jacobs <kd6pgi@...> wrote:
                      > >
                      > > Hummm....I just tried sending a message to rms/kd6pgi@... using
                      > > the BPQ BBS console. It went to the RMS fine and was delivered to my
                      > > email box just as it should.
                      > >
                      > > Ken KD6PGI
                      > > Hood River County ARES
                      > > AEC - Digital

                    • oh5rm
                      Message 10 of 15 , Apr 9, 2010
                        Yes RMS WAS marked poll RMS. By removing it all seems to work OK.
                        I was so sure I did read somewhere it should be set that I din't try that alternative, but everything else during two days, HI
                        Thanks for the patience and help.