RE: [BPQ32] BPQ Mail and Chat Server Mail Forwarding from/to Winlink

    Message 1 of 27 , Apr 6, 2010
      Message
      Jouko,

      You can run RMS Packet on the same PC as the BPQMailChat and WINMOR, and send messages to Winlink via the Internet.

      You need to define an application to BPQ32. I have:

      APPLICATIONS=RMS,CHAT,FBB,BBS

      APPL1CALL=GM8BPQ-10

      APPL1ALIAS=BPQRMS

      APPL1QUAL=0

      RMS doesn't have to be the first application.

      In RMS Packet, configure it to use the BPQ32 interface, and set the APPLMASK in RMS Packet to match the application that you have defined for RMS.

      See  http://www.cantab.net/users/john.wiseman/Documents/BPQ%20Mail%20and%20Chat%20Server%20RMS%20Forwarding.htm for details of how to configure forwarding to/from Winlink in BPQMailChat.

      Message 2 of 27 , Apr 6, 2010
        > The only remaining is No.3, but how to realize it, that is the
        > question. Internet connection is no problem.

        For this case you need to download RMS Packet program from
        http://www.winlink.org/SysopSoftware
        install it and use BPQ32 as interface.
        MailChat will exchange mail with RMS Packet locally and
        then via internet to cental Winlink server.

        >Is No 4 possible over Internet?

        Of course. This will create a NETROM link over Internet to one of other
        NETROM/BPQ32 nodes. You will have own BPQ32 node with possiblity
        to extend your facility in future. Think here in group are
        several sysop that will be happy to open link with you.

        73, Sergej
        uz2hz
      • oh5rm
        Message 3 of 27 , Apr 6, 2010
          John and Serge,

          Thanks for the help.
          Initial tests made with BPQTerminal connected to the BPQMail and it seems to work OK. Maybe tomorrow live tests on 80m WINMOR.

          Jouko OH5RM
        • oh5rm
          Message 4 of 27 , Apr 8, 2010
            When testing the setup today forward was no more working to WINLINK.
            Here copy of typical BPQMail Monitor window
            <OH5RM-13 sp rms:oh5rm@...
            >OH5RM-13 Enter Title (only):
            <OH5RM-13 FWDTEST
            >OH5RM-13 Enter Message Text (end with /ex or ctrl/z)
            <OH5RM-13 MSG
            <OH5RM-13 /ex
            ?OH5RM-13 Routing Trace @ winlink.org, but local RMS user - leave here
            >OH5RM-13 Message: 4 Bid: 4_OH5RM Size: 5
            >OH5RM-13 de OH5RM>

            I cannot understand why the message says ..."local RMS user, leave here". I dont know of any changes in configurations.

            RMS Packet is working OK when connected directly.
            Any help welcome.

            73 Jouko OH5RM

            --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "oh5rm" <oh5rm@...> wrote:

            > John and Serge,
            >
            > Thanks for the help.
            > Initial tests made with BPQTerminal connected to the BPQMail and it seems to work OK. Maybe tomorrow live tests on 80m WINMOR.
            >
            > Jouko OH5RM

          • Kenneth Jacobs
            Message 5 of 27 , Apr 8, 2010
              Hello Jouko,

              If you are sending a message to a user@... who also has a
              mailbox on the bbs, the bbs does not send the message to the RMS. It
              simply places it in the mailbox for the user.

              Try sending a message to an address for somebody who is not a user on
              the BBS...it should go through fine.

              Ken KD6PGI
              Hood River County ARES
              AEC - Digital

              Message 6 of 27 , Apr 8, 2010
                Jouko,

                This is a bug in mailchat. It should keep message to yourcall@..., but not others.

                I'm on my boat at the momemt, but will look into it when I get back

                Message 7 of 27 , Apr 8, 2010
                  Oops...just noticed that you were trying to send to an your callsign at
                  an outside email address...that should have gone through. John is right,
                  there is a bug there.

                  Ken KD6PGI
                  Hood River County ARES
                  AEC - Digital

                  On 4/8/2010 11:30 AM, Kenneth Jacobs wrote:
                  > Hello Jouko,
                  >
                  > If you are sending a message to a user@... who also has a
                  > mailbox on the bbs, the bbs does not send the message to the RMS. It
                  > simply places it in the mailbox for the user.
                  >
                  > Try sending a message to an address for somebody who is not a user on
                  > the BBS...it should go through fine.
                  >
                  > Ken KD6PGI
                  > Hood River County ARES
                  > AEC - Digital
                  >
                  > On 4/8/2010 11:13 AM, oh5rm wrote:
                  >>

                  >> When testing the setup today forward was no more working to WINLINK.
                  >> Here copy of typical BPQMail Monitor window
                  >> <OH5RM-13 sp rms:oh5rm@...<mailto:oh5rm%40sral.fi>
                  >> >OH5RM-13 Enter Title (only):
                  >> <OH5RM-13 FWDTEST
                  >> >OH5RM-13 Enter Message Text (end with /ex or ctrl/z)
                  >> <OH5RM-13 MSG
                  >> <OH5RM-13 /ex
                  >> ?OH5RM-13 Routing Trace @ winlink.org, but local RMS user - leave here
                  >> >OH5RM-13 Message: 4 Bid: 4_OH5RM Size: 5
                  >> >OH5RM-13 de OH5RM>
                  >>
                  >> I cannot understand why the message says ..."local RMS user, leave
                  >> here". I dont know of any changes in configurations.
                  >>
                  >> RMS Packet is working OK when connected directly.
                  >> Any help welcome.
                  >>
                  >> 73 Jouko OH5RM
                  >>
                  >> --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com<mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com>, "oh5rm"
                  >> <oh5rm@...> wrote:
                  >> >

                  >> > John and Serge,
                  >> >
                  >> > Thanks for the help.
                  >> > Initial tests made with BPQTerminal connected to the BPQMail and it
                  >> seems to work OK. Maybe tomorrow live tests on 80m WINMOR.
                  >> >
                  >> > Jouko OH5RM

                • oh5rm
                  Message 8 of 27 , Apr 8, 2010
                    OK, good to know, because I have tried during the day everything possible, but it keeps the messages from all senders to all addresses and will not forward anything to WL.

                    The mystery however is why it worked OK in the first tests. But after system restart there came this problem.

                    Jouko OH5RM

                    Message 9 of 27 , Apr 8, 2010
                      Hummm....I just tried sending a message to rms/kd6pgi@... using
                      the BPQ BBS console. It went to the RMS fine and was delivered to my
                      email box just as it should.

                      Ken KD6PGI
                      Hood River County ARES
                      AEC - Digital

                      On 4/8/2010 11:51 AM, John Wiseman wrote:

                      > Jouko,
                      >
                      > This is a bug in mailchat. It should keep message to
                      > yourcall@... <mailto:yourcall%40winlink.org>, but not others.
                      >
                      > I'm on my boat at the momemt, but will look into it when I get back

                    • oh5rm
                      Message 10 of 27 , Apr 8, 2010
                        Hmmmm... Really strange.
                        Which version are you Ken using? Have you tried rms:kd6pgi ?
                        I think I first used ...m but now have two times un/installed and using the latest...n.
                        It then looks like there in sw is some flag not to send to RMS and when it once is set it cannot be resetted, not even by new installation????? In some "hidden" file??

                        Jouko OH5RM

                        --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, Kenneth Jacobs <kd6pgi@...> wrote:

                        > Hummm....I just tried sending a message to rms/kd6pgi@... using
                        > the BPQ BBS console. It went to the RMS fine and was delivered to my
                        > email box just as it should.
                        >
                        > Ken KD6PGI
                        > Hood River County ARES
                        > AEC - Digital

                      • Kenneth Jacobs
                        Message 11 of 27 , Apr 9, 2010
                          Hello Jouko,

                          I am running the very latest version...and we use the RMS feature very
                          heavily in our area.

                          I just sent a test message to you using BBS console and addressed to
                          rms:oh5rm@.......the same address listed in your original post. I am
                          not sure what would happen if you used only rms:kd6pgi as we have never
                          tried that. However, BPQMail will not send a message to RMS if the
                          callsign@... is also listed as a user on the BBS. It simply
                          leaves the message on the BBS for that user to pickup.

                          I assume on your BBS you have a user setup as RMS. That should be marked
                          as a BBS, but NOT marked to poll RMS. You only set the poll RMS checkbox
                          for the users you would like to poll winlink traffic.

                          How is your forwarding setup for the RMS?

                          Ken KD6PGI
                          Hood River County ARES
                          AEC - Digital

                          On 4/8/2010 11:38 PM, oh5rm wrote:

                          > Hmmmm... Really strange.
                          > Which version are you Ken using? Have you tried rms:kd6pgi ?
                          > I think I first used ...m but now have two times un/installed and using
                          > the latest...n.
                          > It then looks like there in sw is some flag not to send to RMS and when
                          > it once is set it cannot be resetted, not even by new installation?????
                          > In some "hidden" file??
                          >
                          > Jouko OH5RM
                          >
                          > --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com <mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com>, Kenneth
                          > Jacobs <kd6pgi@...> wrote:
                          > >
                          > > Hummm....I just tried sending a message to rms/kd6pgi@... using
                          > > the BPQ BBS console. It went to the RMS fine and was delivered to my
                          > > email box just as it should.
                          > >
                          > > Ken KD6PGI
                          > > Hood River County ARES
                          > > AEC - Digital

                        • oh5rm
                          Message 12 of 27 , Apr 9, 2010
                            Yes RMS WAS marked poll RMS. By removing it all seems to work OK.
                            I was so sure I did read somewhere it should be set that I din't try that alternative, but everything else during two days, HI
                            Thanks for the patience and help.

                            Jouko OH5RM

                            --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, Kenneth Jacobs <kd6pgi@...> wrote:

                            > Hello Jouko,
                            >
                            > I am running the very latest version...and we use the RMS feature very
                            > heavily in our area.
                            >
                            > I just sent a test message to you using BBS console and addressed to
                            > rms:oh5rm@... same address listed in your original post. I am
                            > not sure what would happen if you used only rms:kd6pgi as we have never
                            > tried that. However, BPQMail will not send a message to RMS if the
                            > callsign@... is also listed as a user on the BBS. It simply
                            > leaves the message on the BBS for that user to pickup.
                            >
                            > I assume on your BBS you have a user setup as RMS. That should be marked
                            > as a BBS, but NOT marked to poll RMS. You only set the poll RMS checkbox
                            > for the users you would like to poll winlink traffic.
                            >
                            > How is your forwarding setup for the RMS?
                            >

                            > Ken KD6PGI
                            > Hood River County ARES
                            > AEC - Digital
                            >
                            > On 4/8/2010 11:38 PM, oh5rm wrote:
                            > >

                            > > Hmmmm... Really strange.
                            > > Which version are you Ken using? Have you tried rms:kd6pgi ?
                            > > I think I first used ...m but now have two times un/installed and using
                            > > the latest...n.
                            > > It then looks like there in sw is some flag not to send to RMS and when
                            > > it once is set it cannot be resetted, not even by new installation?????
                            > > In some "hidden" file??
                            > >
                            > > Jouko OH5RM
                            > >
                            > > --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com <mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com>, Kenneth
                            > > Jacobs <kd6pgi@> wrote:
                            > > >
                            > > > Hummm....I just tried sending a message to rms/kd6pgi@ using
                            > > > the BPQ BBS console. It went to the RMS fine and was delivered to my
                            > > > email box just as it should.
                            > > >
                            > > > Ken KD6PGI
                            > > > Hood River County ARES
                            > > > AEC - Digital

                          • kevinld76
                            Message 13 of 27 , Dec 14, 2015

                              I am trying to configure the forwarding option for the user RMS I created as the documentation states but I feel I have missed something. Messages just will not forward out to the CMS. Can anyone provide me with a screen shot of what their configuration looks like for this?

                              Thanks!

                            • Dave
                              Message 14 of 27 , Dec 14, 2015

                              On 12/14/2015 10:59 AM, kevinld76@... [BPQ32] wrote:

                              I am trying to configure the forwarding option for the user RMS I created as the documentation states but I feel I have missed something. Messages just will not forward out to the CMS. Can anyone provide me with a screen shot of what their configuration looks like for this?

                              Thanks!

                              Do you have user RMS configured as a BBS?

                            • Dave
                              Message 15 of 27 , Dec 14, 2015
                                Oh yes, if you want to poll for incoming messages, you also need to check the "request reverse" box.

                                On 12/14/2015 10:59 AM, kevinld76@... [BPQ32] wrote:

                                I am trying to configure the forwarding option for the user RMS I created as the documentation states but I feel I have missed something. Messages just will not forward out to the CMS. Can anyone provide me with a screen shot of what their configuration looks like for this?

                                Thanks!

                              • Kevin Davidson
                                Message 16 of 27 , Dec 14, 2015

                                  I seem to have everything correct based on your sample but when I send a personal message addressed to an @... is simply comes back to the SYSOP.

                                  Message 17 of 27 , Dec 14, 2015

                                                    Do you have the user account in BPQ-Mail authorized for  Permit Email and possible SSID?

                                    73 Bill

                                    N9ACQ

                                  • Kevin Davidson
                                    Message 18 of 27 , Dec 14, 2015

                                      Yes those are both selected. I am at a loss here. I am new to this and its definitely thrown me for a loop. Its odd because the messages always make their way back to the SYSOP bbs account.

                                      Message 19 of 27 , Dec 14, 2015
                                        are you sending the message to yourself?
                                        Try using a different e-mail address.
                                        Dave

                                        Message 20 of 27 , Dec 14, 2015

                                          Ive tried sending messages to various @... addresses as well as a standard email address. I am wondering if my config file is this issue somewhere.

                                          Message 21 of 27 , Dec 14, 2015

                                                            The BPQ port definitions, User definitions and forwarding scripts are all interrelated. I would need the BPQ32.config, BPQMail.cfg files and screen shots of the user definitions and forwarding configuration for each user.

                                            73 Bill

                                            N9ACQ

                                            Message 22 of 27 , Dec 14, 2015
                                              Can you send me the LOG_BBS output for when you queued the message. I may be
                                              able to see from that what is going on.

                                              Message 23 of 27 , Dec 14, 2015

                                              personal message addressed to an @winlink.org is simply comes back to the

                                              Message 24 of 27 , Dec 14, 2015

                                                Kevin,

                                                151214 11:30:45 |RMS       RMS Disconnected

                                                151214 11:32:44 ?          Msg 60 Routing Trace To RMS Via KD5WVV@...

                                                151214 11:32:44 ?          Message @ winlink.org, but local RMS user - leave here

                                                The message to KD5WVV is not sent, as you are set up to collect messages for him from the CMS, so there is no point in sending it, as it will immediately be sent back

                                                151214 11:37:43 ?          Msg 61 Routing Trace To RMS Via KD5WVW@...

                                                151214 11:37:43 ?          Routing Trace to RMS Matches BBS RMS

                                                The message to KD5WVW is queued to go to the CMS

                                                151214 11:37:52 |RMS       Connecting to BBS RMS

                                                151214 11:37:52 <RMS       *** CONNECTED

                                                151214 11:37:52 >RMS       CMS

                                                151214 11:37:53 <RMS       Trying sandiego.winlink.org

                                                151214 11:37:53 <RMS       *** N5CST Connected to CMS

                                                151214 11:37:53 <RMS       [WL2K-3.2-B2FWIHJM$]

                                                151214 11:37:53 <RMS       ;PQ: 55915554

                                                151214 11:37:53 <RMS       SanDiego CMS via N5CST >

                                                151214 11:37:53 >RMS       ;FW: N5CST KD5WVV|88623291

                                                151214 11:37:53 >RMS       [BPQ-1.4.65.1-B2FIHJM$]

                                                151214 11:37:54 >RMS       ;PR: 07490805

                                                151214 11:37:54 ?RMS       B2 From KD5WVV

                                                151214 11:37:54 ?RMS       B2 From Finally KD5WVV

                                                151214 11:37:54 |          Compressed Message Comp Len 173 Msg Len 196 CRC 585e

                                                151214 11:37:54 ?RMS       B2 From KD5WVV

                                                151214 11:37:54 ?RMS       B2 From Finally KD5WVV

                                                151214 11:37:54 |          Compressed Message Comp Len 171 Msg Len 190 CRC f92c

                                                151214 11:37:54 >RMS       FC EM 59_N5CST 196 173 0

                                                151214 11:37:54 >RMS       FC EM 61_N5CST 190 171 0

                                                151214 11:37:54 >RMS       F> 35

                                                151214 11:37:54 <RMS       *** [1] Secure login failed - account password does not match. - Disconnecting (184.180.253.197)

                                                151214 11:37:54 >RMS       *** Protocol Error - Line should start with 'F'

                                                151214 11:37:55 |RMS       RMS Disconnected

                                                You connect to the CMS, but there is a password authentication error. You probably have the wrong password set for N5CST.

                                                73, John