RE: [BPQ32] Telnet Server

    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 6, 2006
      Sorry, no. I missed something! I didn't test it properly with callsigns
      without an SSID. For now, just add an SSID. New version should be out soon.

      73,
      John G8BPQ

      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 12, 2006
        CTEXT and Logging are nice enhancements.
        Noticed the prompt uses the last User= callsign rather than
        the current user. Details have been forwarded to John.

        Note: Each /n appears to generate a Newline for more text. Nice!

        ... Duane N7QDN
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 13, 2006
          All,

          The callsign in the CTEXT is a bug - I didn't intend to to include a
          callsign at all (although perhaps it could be a nice feature if it worked!).
          A simple workaround is to add a dummy entry on the end without a callsign.
          Thats what I have here, so I didn't notice the problem.

          CTEXT and Logging are nice enhancements.
          Noticed the prompt uses the last User= callsign rather than
          the current user. Details have been forwarded to John.

          Note: Each /n appears to generate a Newline for more text. Nice!

          ... Duane N7QDN

          Yahoo! Groups Links
        • K.O. Higgs
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 16, 2012
            The "maxsessions" parameter in the Telnet Server of my node has been set to "10" for a year or so... and works well at that setting. I assume that represents the maximum number of simultaneous connects to the Telnet Server.  How much can I increase that before introducing instability?

            K.O. n0kfq

            --

            K.O. Higgs
            n0kfq@...

            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 16, 2012

              K.O.

              Maxsessions is currently limited to 26 by the code. If you need more, you could run more than one Telnet port (each listening on different TCP ports). It should run fine with 26 sessions, but I doubt if anyone has tried it.

              73, John

              Message 6 of 8 , Jul 16, 2012
                Thanks, John... was thinking about 15. Good to know about the ability to run more than one Telnet port.

                K.O. n0kfq