Re: [BPQ32] Telnet Server

  • Ron Stordahl
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 6, 2006
      A new version of the telnet server will be released in a few hours to
      correct this. Ill post the release here, working on it now!

      Ron N5IN

      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 6, 2006
        Sorry, no. I missed something! I didn't test it properly with callsigns
        without an SSID. For now, just add an SSID. New version should be out soon.

        73,
        John G8BPQ

[...]

        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • dshults
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 12, 2006
          CTEXT and Logging are nice enhancements.
          Noticed the prompt uses the last User= callsign rather than
          the current user. Details have been forwarded to John.

          Note: Each /n appears to generate a Newline for more text. Nice!

          ... Duane N7QDN
          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 13, 2006
            All,

            The callsign in the CTEXT is a bug - I didn't intend to to include a
            callsign at all (although perhaps it could be a nice feature if it worked!).
            A simple workaround is to add a dummy entry on the end without a callsign.
            Thats what I have here, so I didn't notice the problem.

            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 16, 2012
              The "maxsessions" parameter in the Telnet Server of my node has been set to "10" for a year or so... and works well at that setting. I assume that represents the maximum number of simultaneous connects to the Telnet Server.  How much can I increase that before introducing instability?

              K.O. n0kfq

              --

              K.O. Higgs
              n0kfq@...

              Message 6 of 8 , Jul 16, 2012

                K.O.

                Maxsessions is currently limited to 26 by the code. If you need more, you could run more than one Telnet port (each listening on different TCP ports). It should run fine with 26 sessions, but I doubt if anyone has tried it.

                73, John

                Message 7 of 8 , Jul 16, 2012
                  Thanks, John... was thinking about 15. Good to know about the ability to run more than one Telnet port.

                  K.O. n0kfq