Telnet Server

  • hawkxpflyer
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 6, 2006
      Must have missed something. I just tried the new telnet server with
      the bpqtelnet.cfg Belows is my .cfg file

      TCPPORT=8010

      LOGINPROMPT=user:

      PASSWORDPROMPT=password:

      HOSTPROMPT=>

      LOCALECHO=NO

      MAXSESSIONS=10

      # You can use as many USER lines as you need. Format is user,password
      {optional ,callsign}

      # If a 3rd param is provided, the node will use it as the callsign
      for any connects

      # If not, the NODECALL will be used

      # User and password are case sensitive. Call is converted to upper
      case

      USER=kb8dm,flowers,kb8dm

      USER=w6aun,hamradio,w6aun

      ===========

      Even though I have the third parameter set with a call sign, the node
      call is still used as the connect call. Example I try to log in as
      w6aun. What passes through to other applications like bbs or
      connects is kbd8m.

      Did I miss something?
    • Ron Stordahl
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 6, 2006
        A new version of the telnet server will be released in a few hours to
        correct this. Ill post the release here, working on it now!

        Ron N5IN

        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 6, 2006
          Sorry, no. I missed something! I didn't test it properly with callsigns
          without an SSID. For now, just add an SSID. New version should be out soon.

          73,
          John G8BPQ

[...]

          Yahoo! Groups Links
        • dshults
          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 12, 2006
            CTEXT and Logging are nice enhancements.
            Noticed the prompt uses the last User= callsign rather than
            the current user. Details have been forwarded to John.

            Note: Each /n appears to generate a Newline for more text. Nice!

            ... Duane N7QDN
            Message 5 of 8 , Mar 13, 2006
              All,

              The callsign in the CTEXT is a bug - I didn't intend to to include a
              callsign at all (although perhaps it could be a nice feature if it worked!).
              A simple workaround is to add a dummy entry on the end without a callsign.
              Thats what I have here, so I didn't notice the problem.

              Message 6 of 8 , Jul 16, 2012
                The "maxsessions" parameter in the Telnet Server of my node has been set to "10" for a year or so... and works well at that setting. I assume that represents the maximum number of simultaneous connects to the Telnet Server.  How much can I increase that before introducing instability?

                K.O. n0kfq

                --

                K.O. Higgs
                n0kfq@...

                Message 7 of 8 , Jul 16, 2012

                  K.O.

                  Maxsessions is currently limited to 26 by the code. If you need more, you could run more than one Telnet port (each listening on different TCP ports). It should run fine with 26 sessions, but I doubt if anyone has tried it.

                  73, John

                  Message 8 of 8 , Jul 16, 2012
                    Thanks, John... was thinking about 15. Good to know about the ability to run more than one Telnet port.

                    K.O. n0kfq