BPQ32 and Vista/Windows-7

  • n5in_ron
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 8 9:21 AM
      I guess ignoring Vista/Windows-7 will not keep them away!

      I would like to hear from Vista/Windows-7 users what you have done to successfully install BPQ32.

      On other ham radio reflectors I have seen suggestions to install in the root, i.e. 'C:\BPQ32\ and/or turn off UAC (User Account Control). This may differ between Vista and Windows-7.

      Any successful installs?

      Ron Stordhal, N5IN
    • W6IDS
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 8 9:35 AM
        Well, shucks, Ron.......I had entertained the notion of getting into BPQ32,
        despite my
        mushroom level. I'd honestly say that my own "problems" have more to do
        with
        understanding what to start after unpacking BPQ32 and with and the next
        sequence
        of steps. Any VISTA issues? Who knows, are yet to come..if any...have to
        come
        to grips with my own first.

        But not to worry. I'll be quiet like a li'l mouse. Besides VISTA, I'm also
        hardware lover who is still passionate about his PK-232 which is what caught
        my interest for BPQ32. Sorry Pal....<GRIN>

        Howard W6IDS
        Richmond, IN EM79NV