Digi does not work

  • Mark Harloff
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 7, 2010
      I cannot seem to get the node to digi from port
      to port using the V command (ie: C K2CAN-5 V
      W2QYT-3).

      There are frames that are getting digi'd
      according to the stats but they are not the ones
      that I am attempting.

      I have the port flags set on both nodes, so that
      is correct.

      It used to work several revisions back but I
      haven't tried it in quite a while.. Is it
      possible that the code is broke ?

      Does anyone else have this functioning with the
      current release ?

      - Mark K2CAN
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 8, 2010
        Mark,

        I've done a few tests, and digi-ing seems to be working. Can you give a few more details of what you are trying to do, and what you see on the monitor?

        Thanks,

        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 8, 2010
          John,

          Here is an example..

          There are two BPQ Nodes that each have 2 ports,
          one AXUDP and one KISS (RF). They are linked via
          the AXUDP ports. The KISS ports are User ports.

          I assume a User could simply digi through both
          Nodes and out the adjacent User port without
          actually connecting to either Node.

          I am trying to link two FlexNet systems that are
          on either side of two BPQ Nodes. If the example
          will work then I can do this but I have not been
          able to get past the first Node.

          If you need screen info or more details, let me
          know and I will send them off group.

          Thanks.

          - Mark

          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 9, 2010
            Mark,

            This should work, so long as DIGIFLAG is set to 1, and DIGIPORT is set to
            send from the KISS to the AXUDP ports, and vice versa. I've set up a test
            here, and can connect by digi-ing over an axip link. This was from a bpq
            node to a remote via another node, so isn't exactly the same as your set up,
            but if going through one node works going through 2 should as well.

            Remember to use the node call rather than alias in the request, unless you
            have added the alias to bpqaxip.cfg.

            If you cant get it to work, send me the configs (bpqcfg.txt and
            bpqaxip.cfg), and bpqterminal and wireshark traces, and I'll see if I can
            see what is going wrong.

            There are two BPQ Nodes that each have 2 ports,

            one AXUDP and one KISS (RF). They are linked via

            the AXUDP ports. The KISS ports are User ports.

            I assume a User could simply digi through both

            Nodes and out the adjacent User port without

            actually connecting to either Node.

            I am trying to link two FlexNet systems that are

            on either side of two BPQ Nodes. If the example

            will work then I can do this but I have not been

            able to get past the first Node.

            If you need screen info or more details, let me

            know and I will send them off group.

            Thanks.

            - Mark

            On 3/8/2010 3:45 PM, John Wiseman wrote:

            > Mark,

            > I've done a few tests, and digi-ing seems to be working. Can you give

            > a few more details of what you are trying to do, and what you see on

            > the monitor? Thanks,

            (Yahoo! ID required)

            BPQ32-digest@yahoogroups.com

            BPQ32-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

            _____

            .
          • Robert R Anderson
            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 9, 2010
              Mark,

              Such a config linking two flexnodes via two BPQ32 nodes wit crossport
              digi turned on works very well.

              At each flexnet node node set three link statements:

              L <port_no> <1st BPQ call>
              L <1st BPQ call> <2nd BPQ call>
              L <2nd BPQ call> <Dest Flex call call>

              That produces a two way end to end Flexnet link that incluses flexnet
              traffic and internode communication.

              which consist : flex_dest via <> 1st BPQ RF <> 1st BPQ IP <> 2nd
              BPQ IP <> 2ndBPQ RF <> flex_dest

              Take a look at examples using the Flexnet P cpmmand at Flexnet
              nodes N4LEM-2 KB2VLX

              N4LEM-2 K2PUT

              KB2VLX K2PUT

              K2PUT <> K2DLL-1

              73 Bob, K2BJG

              Mark Harloff wrote:
              > John,
              >
              > Here is an example..
              >
              > There are two BPQ Nodes that each have 2 ports, one AXUDP and one
              > KISS (RF). They are linked via the AXUDP ports. The KISS ports are
              > User ports.
              >
              > I assume a User could simply digi through both Nodes and out the
              > adjacent User port without actually connecting to either Node.
              >
              > I am trying to link two FlexNet systems that are on either side of
              > two BPQ Nodes. If the example will work then I can do this but I have
              > not been able to get past the first Node.
              >
              > If you need screen info or more details, let me know and I will send
              > them off group.
              >
              > Thanks.
              >
              > - Mark
              >

              > On 3/8/2010 3:45 PM, John Wiseman wrote:
              > >
              > > Mark, I've done a few tests, and digi-ing seems to be working. Can
              > > you give a few more details of what you are trying to do, and what
              > > you see on the monitor? Thanks, John
              > >
              > > -----Original Message----- *From:* BPQ32@yahoogroups.com
              > > [mailto:BPQ32@yahoogroups.com] *On Behalf Of *Mark Harloff *Sent:*
              > > 07 March 2010 18:34 *To:* BPQ32 SIG *Subject:* [BPQ32] Digi does
              > > not work
              > >
              > > I cannot seem to get the node to digi from port to port using the V
              > > command (ie: C K2CAN-5 V W2QYT-3).
              > >
              > > There are frames that are getting digi'd according to the stats but
              > > they are not the ones that I am attempting.
              > >
              > > I have the port flags set on both nodes, so that is correct.
              > >
              > > It used to work several revisions back but I haven't tried it in
              > > quite a while.. Is it possible that the code is broke ?
              > >
              > > Does anyone else have this functioning with the current release ?
              > >
              > > - Mark K2CAN

              > > I am using the Free version of SPAMfighter
              > > <http://www.spamfighter.com/len>. We are a community of 6 million
              > > users fighting spam. SPAMfighter has removed 363 of my spam emails
              > > to date. The Professional version does not have this message.
              > >

              > > No virus found in this incoming message. Checked by AVG -
              > > www.avg.com Version: 9.0.733 / Virus Database: 271.1.1/2730 -
              > > Release Date: 03/08/10 02:34:00

            • Mark Harloff
              Message 6 of 7 , Mar 9, 2010
                Bob,

                I am fully aware of how to setup both BPQ and
                FlexNet to do that. Thanks though.

                The problem is within BPQ at one of the nodes.
                It does not respond to the digi requests by
                Flexnet. I will figure it out.

                - Mark K2CAN

              • Mark Harloff
                Message 7 of 7 , Mar 9, 2010
                  John,

                  I isolated it to the optical router at the other
                  BPQ node. The sysop there will make the needed
                  changes and that should fix it. I will let you
                  know either way.

                  I am not behind a router at my end so I didn't
                  consider that. Some of these routers are a real
                  pain that's why I abandoned those a long time
                  ago and went with a hub with separate ipad's for
                  each machine. Fortunately, my ISP allows me grab
                  a max of three ipads.

                  - Mark