Re: [BPQ32] Re: Winmor TNC Warning

  • Art Bertheaume
    Message 1 of 17 , Mar 5 8:10 AM
      Howard
      The "port" in BPQtoWinmor refers to the Winmor port you have set for winmor in BPQCFG.txt.

      You will need to define the serial port(com port) in Rigcontrol.cfg

      Art, N9ZZK

      Message 2 of 17 , Mar 5 8:11 AM
        Howard,

        You probably should remove the PORTCALL line from bpqcfg.txt

        You also need a rigcontrol.cfg containing:

        COM8 19200 PTTONLY

        RADIO XXXX  3

        Message 3 of 17 , Mar 8 11:33 AM
          OK,
          I got the Winmor TNC working with BPQ32

          I can open the BPQTerminal program
          1. type attach 3
          2. type c callsign
          and the Winmor TNC will transmit trying to connect.

          But, now the big picture question - what can we do with it?

          I have the impression that this extends BPQ & VHF Packet to HF via Winmor.
          1. This will mean sending out beacon text announcing the BPQ BBS, ARcluster, and RMS
          2. Accepting connect requests with the appropriate callsign for
          2a. WinFbb connects
          2b. RMS Packet connects
          2c. ARcluster connects

          Am I right?
          I am waiting for a beacon via Winmor via my HF radio.

          Howard

          Message 4 of 17 , Mar 8 1:13 PM
            At the moment Winmor in connected (ARQ) mode is mainly used for BBS<>BBS forwarding, for both Packet BBS system and RMS/WL2K. There is some keyboard to keyboard activity using FEC mode. Although it could be used for interactive access to an application such as AR Cluster, it is not optimised for that.

            As I understand it, beaconing on HF is not regarded as a very friendly think to do. But WINMOR stations always send an ID after a connection, which will appear in your MHeard list.

            John G8BPQ

            Message 5 of 17 , Mar 9 8:30 AM
              In the bpqcfg.txt file, what is an easy way to disable Winmor without deleting all the PORT...ENDPORT ?

              Howard
              Message 6 of 17 , Mar 9 8:45 AM
                Put

                /*
                PORT
                .
                .
                .
                .
                ENDPORT
                */

                round the definition.

                In the bpqcfg.txt file, what is an easy way to disable Winmor without deleting all the PORT...ENDPORT ?

                Howard

              • Jerry - N9LYA
                Message 7 of 17 , Mar 9 8:46 AM
                  Put a ; in front of each line from port and endport and each line between. Then rerun bpqcfg and re-read bpqcfg into the system.. 73 jerry

                  ; port
                  ;
                  ;
                  ;