RE: [BPQ32] Re: Winmor TNC Warning

  • Rick Muething
    Message 1 of 17 , Mar 5, 2010

      Howard,

      The host can also set the audio capture/playback and read the available sound cards from the TNC.

      The host program takes care of the PTT …It receives a PTT True/PTT False signal from the WINMOR TNC

      The host can chose to:

      Ignore the PTT signals from the TNC and let the audio key the radio or sound card (e.g. SignaLink) via VOX

      or

      Key the radio via RS232 control port (Some radios). This would be the same port used for setting frequency, filter etc. Not all radios support serial port PTT keying but this is one of the cleanest ways if your radio does.

      or

      Key the radio via a dedicated RS232 port using DTR or RTS.

      We did not key the radio in the TNC since if you are using a radio control port for PTT keying it would cause a port conflict. Best done in the host.

      Rick KN6KB

      Message 2 of 17 , Mar 5, 2010
        Here is a portion of my bpqcfg.txt file
        the Winmore is the third port I have defined here:

        PORT
        PORTNUM=3
        ID=WINMOR Port 1
        TYPE=EXTERNAL
        PROTOCOL=WINMOR
        DLLNAME=WINMOR.DLL
        PORTCALL=CALL ; Optional - set if you want to accept connects to a call other than the Node Call.
        ;INTERLOCK=n; ; Optional - set if you have two ports sharing the same radio.
        ; Set the same Interlock value on both ports.
        QUALITY=0
        ENDPORT

        Here is my BPQtoWINMOR file:
        Note that I must enter PORT 3 or else the BPQ WINMOR TNC window will not appear. But actually the PTT port is COM8 - so I have no place to enter COM8

        ; Config file for BPQtoWINMOR
        ;
        ;PORT 3 127.0.0.1 8500
        ;PORT 3 127.0.0.1 8500 BBS
        ;PORT 3 127.0.0.1 8500 PTT DTR
        ;PORT 3 127.0.0.1 8500 PTT CI-V BBS
        PORT 3 127.0.0.1 8500 PTT RTS
        CWID True
        DEBUGLOG True
        LOG True
        BW 1600
        DRIVELEVEL 88
        MODE AUTO
        ROBUST False
        SHOW True
        BUSYLOCK True

        Last, but not least, here is the WINMOR TNC.ini file

        [WINMOR TNC Form]
        TCP Control Port=8500
        MyCallsign=N3ZH
        MyGridsquare=FM19MB
        StartMinimized=False
        DebugLog=True
        CaptureDevice=Line 1 (Virtual Audio Cable)-6a
        PlaybackDevice=Line 2 (Virtual Audio Cable)-a3
        ResponseDelay=100
        LeaderExtension=0
        Top=295
        Left=42

        BTW, BPQ32 BLOWS up every time.
        I run the BPQ terminal, enter attach 3, then C followed by a callsign - then blows up.

        Howard
      • Art Bertheaume
        Message 3 of 17 , Mar 5, 2010
          Howard
          The "port" in BPQtoWinmor refers to the Winmor port you have set for winmor in BPQCFG.txt.

          You will need to define the serial port(com port) in Rigcontrol.cfg

          Art, N9ZZK

          Message 4 of 17 , Mar 5, 2010
            Howard,

            You probably should remove the PORTCALL line from bpqcfg.txt

            You also need a rigcontrol.cfg containing:

            COM8 19200 PTTONLY

            RADIO XXXX  3

            Message 5 of 17 , Mar 8, 2010
              OK,
              I got the Winmor TNC working with BPQ32

              I can open the BPQTerminal program
              1. type attach 3
              2. type c callsign
              and the Winmor TNC will transmit trying to connect.

              But, now the big picture question - what can we do with it?

              I have the impression that this extends BPQ & VHF Packet to HF via Winmor.
              1. This will mean sending out beacon text announcing the BPQ BBS, ARcluster, and RMS
              2. Accepting connect requests with the appropriate callsign for
              2a. WinFbb connects
              2b. RMS Packet connects
              2c. ARcluster connects

              Am I right?
              I am waiting for a beacon via Winmor via my HF radio.

              Howard

              Message 6 of 17 , Mar 8, 2010
                At the moment Winmor in connected (ARQ) mode is mainly used for BBS<>BBS forwarding, for both Packet BBS system and RMS/WL2K. There is some keyboard to keyboard activity using FEC mode. Although it could be used for interactive access to an application such as AR Cluster, it is not optimised for that.

                As I understand it, beaconing on HF is not regarded as a very friendly think to do. But WINMOR stations always send an ID after a connection, which will appear in your MHeard list.

                John G8BPQ

                Message 7 of 17 , Mar 9, 2010
                  In the bpqcfg.txt file, what is an easy way to disable Winmor without deleting all the PORT...ENDPORT ?

                  Howard
                  Message 8 of 17 , Mar 9, 2010
                    Put

                    /*
                    PORT
                    .
                    .
                    .
                    .
                    ENDPORT
                    */

                    round the definition.

                    In the bpqcfg.txt file, what is an easy way to disable Winmor without deleting all the PORT...ENDPORT ?

                    Howard

                  • Jerry - N9LYA
                    Message 9 of 17 , Mar 9, 2010
                      Put a ; in front of each line from port and endport and each line between. Then rerun bpqcfg and re-read bpqcfg into the system.. 73 jerry

                      ; port
                      ;
                      ;
                      ;