Re: Unattended ops

  • abertheaume
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 2, 2010
      I have to ask,
      Given that Winmor forwarding is still in its infancy and all, I would think it doesn't really have wide spread use yet. I could be wrong.

      That said, where is all this "unattended" forwarding taking place, on what frequencies? How does one even identify if it is "unattended" for that matter. Perhaps somebody is griping just to gripe. I think that could really happen in the ham world, again, I could be wrong...hihi

      Your point about collecting in a certain area of the band is valid though. We certainly don't want to be jumping on what is traditionaly the PSK frequencies or the packet net frequencies for example.
      73
      Art, N9ZZK

      --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, kt4wo67@... wrote:

      > Let me say this 1st...I am not trying to start something!!
      > Nor is this is a flame.
      >

      > IMHO..and thats what it is... "attended station" is not just
      > being at home,,,, Asleep-Mowing the yard,,,clearing snow..etc..
      > "attended" is sitting at the radio.
      >
      > I am already hearing complaints of Winmor stations QRM'ing
      > ongoing QSO's..and have been QRM'ed myself on 80 meters.
      >
      > We are creating enemies by running Winmor outside of the
      > auto-bands "unattended"
      >
      > I think Winmor(in what ever use, BPQ, RMS, etc) is going to
      > be a GREAT mode and will be used alot, but as with unattended
      > Pactor stations outside the auto-subbands, it makes for alot
      > of bad press.
      >
      > I support ALL digi modes and think they ALL have a strong
      > future in AR...but QRM is something nobody likes.
      >
      > My plans are to set my Winmor/BPQ station up and leave running
      > 24/7(once I find a used radio to dedicate to it).
      >
      > This is not a bash on Pactor,Winmor,Packet,RTTY,BPSK31,ALE400
      > or ANY MODE!!!
      >
      > I just dont want our progress to be marred(sp?) by bad press,,,
      > and...We are already getting a little...and it will get
      > much worse as more stations run 24/7 outside the auto sub-bands.
      >
      > Please do not flame me for this... Just tell me what ya'll think.
      >
      > Trip - KT4WO
      > kt4wo67@...
      >
      > Member of Winmor and BPQ32 groups.

    • D.Calder
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 3, 2010

        I think the Winmor discussion, should stay on that reflector.

        MY Opinion.

        73 Dave n4zkf

        n4zkf@...

        www.n4zkf.com

        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 3, 2010
          Dave,
          We have been testing BPQ32 Mail forward using winmor for several days now and also using winmor in FEC mode which at this time, only BPQ32 is capable of doing.
          73
          Art, N9ZZK

          n4zkf@n4zkf. com

          www.n4zkf.com

          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 3, 2010

            Yea, I know. I have been watching. (and hearing)