Re: KAM v.7.1&up TOR modes and old KAM v.6

  • la7um
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 27, 2010
      John and Sergej.
      Thanks for the coming "pure" pactor option.

      John, I hope you may manage that in a secure way.

      Remembering from the programming of "Synapse" (gateway from vhf packet to HF any mode, or from TOR to vhf packet.) done by la7xq and tested by me abt 15 years ago, that Kantronics abt vers 6.1 using enhancement board, or KAM+ did introduce a special host mode response coming when KAMe entered into TOR STBY mode. This special host info didnt come when stopping in PACTOR STBY.

      Somewhere along this line Kantronics also did introduce the host mode polling command fend ? fend, ascii192 ? ascii 192. I think in 6.1
      This command did give info abt the KAMs "status in all ways".

      I dont know if this also was introduced in 6.1 in the original KAM. Maybe it was. We didnt test. Or maybe it needed Enhancement Board or KAM+.

      It would be of great interest if the ORIGINAL KAM without enhancement board, but using its last update v 6.1 could be used with BPQ32, thus also allowing the rig to scan.

      A friend does have such a KAM and it works perfectly with Airmail.
      But cannot scan with Airmail. The version 6.0 was useless. Full of bugs. 6.1 did repeair all the problems.

      73 de la7um Finn