Re: [BPQ32] Re: APRS iGate

  • Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr)
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 16, 2010
      Tony Hunt wrote:
      > If you want a stand alone APRS Igate have a look at javAPRSsrvr from
      > Pete Lovell. You will need to joint the Yahoo group. Its also a Digi
      > if you want it. I use the Windows executable with BPQ32 and the AGW
      > emulation on a Windows ME Pentium 300 machine.
      > Goto http://www.aprs-is.net/javaprssrvr/

      Another option for IGating is my APRSISCE/32 client. Although the
      current version is receive-only IGating and receive-only from AGW, it
      will soon do message gating -IS to RF via KISS TNCs and sometime later
      have the same transmit support via AGW. If BPQ32 can do AGW emulation,
      then you'll have it all. I've even got one user that wants me to do
      BPQ32 native support in the client, but I haven't yet had time to look
      into it.

      I run my KJ4ERJ-2 IGate with javAPRSSrvr and it has been rock solid for
      over a year. The digi feature in javAPRSSrvr isn't fully WIDEn-N
      compliant as it substitutes the entire remaining path with its
      configured path, but at least it includes its own callsign as well.

      To check out APRSISCE/32 join the Yahoo Group at
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/APRSISCE/