Re: [BPQ32] Re: APRS iGate

  • Randy Love
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 15, 2010
      On Mon, Feb 15, 2010 at 3:33 PM, sszretter <sszretter@...> wrote:

      Yes, UIView looks good, but is there a windows application that acts as just an iGate without mapping, etc. (lightweight) that I can run on the bpq32 machine, and I will do my mapping remote?

      You do not need to install a huge mapping program along with UI-View. Just use one of the generic static maps that comes with it. UI-view still works very well as a IGATE software and digi all in one. UI-View is not very big or bloated as one would think and does not require a large mapping software to work.

      Here is the link to pdf that is used to set up UI-View32 as either a WIDE1-1 fill-in or full service WIDEn-N digi.
      http://www.cordeoc.ca/EOC-images3/UI-view32-NewParadigm%20Digi%20Settings%20Feb06.pdf

      Here is a decent doc for setting up UI-view 32 as an Igate:
      http://www.wvraclub.org/documents/aprs/UI-View%2032%20I-Gate%20Settings.doc

      Note: you may have to unwrap those urls for them to work.

      Good Luck.

      73,
      Randy
      WF5X

    • Tony Hunt
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 16, 2010
        If you want a stand alone  APRS Igate have a look at javAPRSsrvr from Pete Lovell. You will need to joint the Yahoo group. Its also a Digi if you want it. I use the Windows executable with BPQ32 and the AGW emulation on a Windows ME Pentium 300 machine.

        Tony Hunt VK5AH

      • Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr)
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 16, 2010
          Tony Hunt wrote:
          > If you want a stand alone APRS Igate have a look at javAPRSsrvr from
          > Pete Lovell. You will need to joint the Yahoo group. Its also a Digi
          > if you want it. I use the Windows executable with BPQ32 and the AGW
          > emulation on a Windows ME Pentium 300 machine.
          > Goto http://www.aprs-is.net/javaprssrvr/

          Another option for IGating is my APRSISCE/32 client. Although the
          current version is receive-only IGating and receive-only from AGW, it
          will soon do message gating -IS to RF via KISS TNCs and sometime later
          have the same transmit support via AGW. If BPQ32 can do AGW emulation,
          then you'll have it all. I've even got one user that wants me to do
          BPQ32 native support in the client, but I haven't yet had time to look
          into it.

          I run my KJ4ERJ-2 IGate with javAPRSSrvr and it has been rock solid for
          over a year. The digi feature in javAPRSSrvr isn't fully WIDEn-N
          compliant as it substitutes the entire remaining path with its
          configured path, but at least it includes its own callsign as well.

          To check out APRSISCE/32 join the Yahoo Group at
          http://groups.yahoo.com/group/APRSISCE/