Winmor

  • abertheaume
    Message 1 of 26 , Feb 12, 2010
      John,
      Thanks for pointing out my formatting error i the winmor.ini file this afternoon. All is OK now, I am able to initiate connect request with BPQTerminal. I even got FBB to attempt a forward using the protocol. Everything appears to be working correctly, I am of course keying up to a non-existant BBS at 3 watts. But the rig is TX'ing, so I am assuming that if somebody was on the other end it would work.

      Does anybody else have a BBS set up for winmor forwarding? I would like give it a try.

      73
      Art, N9ZZK
    • kt4wo67@gmail.com
      Message 2 of 26 , Feb 17, 2010
        Ok... I put my sys on 3593.5 USB (dial) and have it running.
        It is switch only and its linked via internet to Ron.

        Trip - KT4WO
      • Jerry - N9LYA
        Message 3 of 26 , Mar 23, 2010

          I have setup and made my temp home on 18.1065 USB until I can rearrange some antennas.. N9LYA on 18.1065 USB

          Forwarding with n0jal …

          Anyone else on 18.1065 U or anyone else on 18 Mhz.. Let me know where.. I should be able to tune from 14 -30 Mhz.. With my Tri Band Beam…

          I need to setup new antenna for multi band operations… What is a good overall vertical HF Antenna ground mounted for 80 thru 10 meters…

          73 Jerry Kutche N9LYA

          ARRL Net Manager Indiana Section – Packet Net

          HF Skipnet Coordinator

          IP Coordinator Indiana

          Packet Coordinator Indiana

          http://www.n9lya.com

          http://www.w9otr.org

          http://www.indianapacketcouncil.org

          http://www.mitchellwx.com

        • Jerry - N9LYA
          Message 4 of 26 , Mar 23, 2010

            I will also be scanning 14.112U thanks Jerry

            Message 5 of 26 , Mar 24, 2010
              Jerry,

              take a look at the Eagle One Vertical http://w8afx.com/index.html
              my favorite, also check out W9DAZ's review http://w9daz.blogspot.com/

              Dan N9BAV

              --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "Jerry - N9LYA" <n9lya@...> wrote:

              > I have setup and made my temp home on 18.1065 USB until I can rearrange some
              > antennas.. N9LYA on 18.1065 USB
              >
              > Forwarding with n0jal .
              >

              > Anyone else on 18.1065 U or anyone else on 18 Mhz.. Let me know where.. I
              > should be able to tune from 14 -30 Mhz.. With my Tri Band Beam.
              >

              > I need to setup new antenna for multi band operations. What is a good
              > overall vertical HF Antenna ground mounted for 80 thru 10 meters.
              >

              > 73 Jerry Kutche N9LYA
              >
              > ARRL Net Manager Indiana Section - Packet Net
              >
              > HF Skipnet Coordinator
              >
              > IP Coordinator Indiana
              >
              > Packet Coordinator Indiana
              >
              > http://www.n9lya.com <http://www.n9lya.com/>
              >
              > http://www.w9otr.org <http://www.w9otr.org/>
              >
              > http://www.indianapacketcouncil.org <http://www.indianapacketcouncil.org/>
              >
              > <http://www.mitchellwx.com/> http://www.mitchellwx.com

            • Jerry - N9LYA
              Message 6 of 26 , May 24 9:50 AM
                Anyone I can forward with on Winmor on 10meters.. I think the freq most use
                is 10.133????

                Let me know and if ok set me up N9LYA All traffic... Bulletins, WW and
                NTSIN

                73 Jerry Kutche N9LYA

                ARRL Net Manager Indiana Section - Packet Net

                HF Skipnet Coordinator

                IP Coordinator Indiana

                Packet Coordinator Indiana

                http://www.n9lya.com <http://www.n9lya.com/>

                http://www.w9otr.org <http://www.w9otr.org/>

                http://www.indianapacketcouncil.org <http://www.indianapacketcouncil.org/>

                http://www.mitchellwx.com

                http://tinyurl.com/y7faewx
              • Jerry - N9LYA
                Message 7 of 26 , Jul 4, 2010
                • 1 Attachment
                • 14 KB
                I seem to know how to use winmor and forward using BBS Forwarding.... How
                do I do it using RMS forwarding????

                I think I know but am not sure... Do I run RMS EXPRESS under BPQ32???

                73 Jerry Kutche N9LYA

                ARRL Net Manager Indiana Section - Packet Net

                HF Skipnet Coordinator

                IP Coordinator Indiana

                Packet Coordinator Indiana

                http://www.n9lya.com <http://www.n9lya.com/>

                http://www.w9otr.org <http://www.w9otr.org/>

                http://www.indianapacketcouncil.org <http://www.indianapacketcouncil.org/>

                http://www.mitchellwx.com

                http://tinyurl.com/y7faewx
              • Kenneth Jacobs
                Message 8 of 26 , Jul 4, 2010
                  Hi Jerry,

                  If you are doing RMS polling with BPQMail....you would simply setup a
                  connect script to connect to one of the Winmor RMS stations. The BBS
                  will then poll the Winmor station for you RMS traffic.

                  Ken KD6PGI
                  Hood River County ARES
                  AEC - Digital

                  On 7/4/2010 4:57 PM, Jerry - N9LYA wrote:

                  > [Attachment(s) <#TopText> from Jerry - N9LYA included below]
                  >
                  > I seem to know how to use winmor and forward using BBS Forwarding.... How
                  > do I do it using RMS forwarding????
                  >
                  > I think I know but am not sure... Do I run RMS EXPRESS under BPQ32???
                  >
                  > 73 Jerry Kutche N9LYA
                  >
                  > ARRL Net Manager Indiana Section - Packet Net
                  >
                  > HF Skipnet Coordinator
                  >
                  > IP Coordinator Indiana
                  >
                  > Packet Coordinator Indiana
                  >
                  > http://www.n9lya.com <http://www.n9lya.com/>
                  >
                  > http://www.w9otr.org <http://www.w9otr.org/>
                  >
                  > http://www.indianapacketcouncil.org <http://www.indianapacketcouncil.org/>
                  >
                  > http://www.mitchellwx.com
                  >
                  > http://tinyurl.com/y7faewx

                • Jerry - N9LYA
                  Message 9 of 26 , Jul 4, 2010
                    Hi Ken... Can you send me an example script.. Thanks... If u have one
                    handy... Thanks Jerry

                    If you are doing RMS polling with BPQMail....you would simply setup a
                    connect script to connect to one of the Winmor RMS stations. The BBS
                    will then poll the Winmor station for you RMS traffic.

                    Ken KD6PGI
                    Hood River County ARES
                    AEC - Digital

                    On 7/4/2010 4:57 PM, Jerry - N9LYA wrote:

                    > [Attachment(s) <#TopText> from Jerry - N9LYA included below]
                    >
                    > I seem to know how to use winmor and forward using BBS Forwarding.... How
                    > do I do it using RMS forwarding????
                    >
                    > I think I know but am not sure... Do I run RMS EXPRESS under BPQ32???
                    >
                    > 73 Jerry Kutche N9LYA
                    >
                    > ARRL Net Manager Indiana Section - Packet Net
                    >
                    > HF Skipnet Coordinator
                    >
                    > IP Coordinator Indiana
                    >
                    > Packet Coordinator Indiana
                    >
                    > http://www.n9lya.com <http://www.n9lya.com/>
                    >
                    > http://www.w9otr.org <http://www.w9otr.org/>
                    >
                    > http://www.indianapacketcouncil.org <http://www.indianapacketcouncil.org/>
                    >
                    > http://www.mitchellwx.com
                    >
                    > http://tinyurl.com/y7faewx

                  • Kenneth Jacobs
                    Message 10 of 26 , Jul 4, 2010
                      Hi Jerry....

                      A sample script would be something like this:

                      ATT 4
                      MAXCONREQ 7
                      C KE7XO-10

                      The ATT attachs the port number you are running Winmor on. The MAXCONREQ
                      tells Winmor to try the connect 7 times (this can be up to 10, I
                      believe). Then you connect to the RMS Winmor station. Hope this helps.

                      Ken KD6PGI
                      Hood River County ARES
                      AEC - Digital

                      On 7/4/2010 6:02 PM, Jerry - N9LYA wrote:

                      > Hi Ken... Can you send me an example script.. Thanks... If u have one
                      > handy... Thanks Jerry

                    • Jerry - N9LYA
                      Message 11 of 26 , Jul 4, 2010
                        I believe it will nicely... Thanks I will let ya know.. 73 jerry

                        A sample script would be something like this:

                        ATT 4
                        MAXCONREQ 7
                        C KE7XO-10

                        The ATT attachs the port number you are running Winmor on. The MAXCONREQ
                        tells Winmor to try the connect 7 times (this can be up to 10, I
                        believe). Then you connect to the RMS Winmor station. Hope this helps.

                        Ken KD6PGI
                        Hood River County ARES
                        AEC - Digital

                        On 7/4/2010 6:02 PM, Jerry - N9LYA wrote:

                        > Hi Ken... Can you send me an example script.. Thanks... If u have one
                        > handy... Thanks Jerry

                      • Jerry - N9LYA
                        Message 12 of 26 , Aug 20, 2010
                        • 1 Attachment
                        • 16 KB
                        Hank would u agree that Winmor is doing a LOT better between us?

                        Let me know your thoughts.. Ill tell ya what I did... With Johns Help...

                        73 Jerry Kutche N9LYA

                        ARRL Net Manager Indiana Section - Packet Net

                        HF Skipnet Coordinator

                        IP Coordinator Indiana

                        Packet Coordinator Indiana

                        http://www.n9lya.com <http://www.n9lya.com/>

                        http://www.w9otr.org <http://www.w9otr.org/>

                        http://www.indianapacketcouncil.org <http://www.indianapacketcouncil.org/>

                        http://www.mitchellwx.com

                        http://tinyurl.com/y7faewx
                      • Hank Oredson
                        Message 13 of 26 , Aug 20, 2010
                          Your signal running S7 to S9+ right now, and everything is working well.
                          I no longer hear the fuzz on your signal, it sounds excellent.
                          So we are humming along quite well now!

                            ... Hank

                          Message 14 of 26 , Aug 20, 2010

                            Hi Hank.. That is excellent news…

                            What I have now is (and I think a ham here at BPQ had told me this awhile back at least that is why I bought the other cable and jumper block for my signal link)..The PTCII going into the rear of the radio ACC1 and the Signal link going into the rear of the Radio 6 Pin Data Port…  John has made a modification for me (I am sure it will be in the next release) (I hope it was ok to mention John)… to the Rig Control Program… So now I can enable or disable DataMode…

                            This allowed the Signal Link to key the radio with out it I could not. It also seems to have eliminated any remaining RF feedback and Naturally since the Mic is now out of the picture it has eliminated any Audio Feedback I was hearing so well…

                            Thanks Jim WU3Vfor pointing us to the Manual for the codes.. And Special Thanks to John for such a rapid fix…

                            Also Thanks to John and each and everyone who helped me get my station running well again.. Several changes made by John to the program and some file settings made by me as directed by John seems to have fixed it..  As well as the many troubleshooting hints to try to get to the bottom of my station Problems….

                            I think they may all be fixed or very close.. My Chat Server has been disabled per John for some testing… It will remain that way for the current future until John tells me otherwise.. But for now that’s no biggie.. I can always get toi a chat server.. Anyone that had me as a node in their chat params… You may wait on my return or replace me if you need or so desire…

                            Stability and forwarding seem well..

                            Lets cross our fingers that nothing else crops up…

                            HF WINMOR and PACTOR forwarding going well… AXIP Link should also be better.. My ISP called (I pay a significantly higher price for a faster connections so they monitor it on their end. ) And he informed me a few days ago my link was running a lot slower then it should… I have DSL and they had the Phone Co come out they found my Outside Box had been blown by lightning most likely. That fixed the problem on the Phone Co end… I took my Modem in to be tested and it tested OK.. But I replaced it anyway Only $50 Now I have a spare should this one die.. After replacing it the ISP reported everything looks good and fast and I can even tell  webpage loading increased by a factor of 100..  I know DSL is not the fastest in the world… But its all we have here…

                            The Speed test showed significantly increased speed….

                            Hey wife (KC9DDP) even says the Magic Jack Phone works now.. Never has without bad connections or lost calls. (Majic Jack on its own stand alone PC…) The PC that runs BPQ32 is just for BPQ32 and its related apps…

                            Weather Station on its own WIN7 PC  And FREENAS runs on its own PC as well..

                            Thanks again to everyone…

                            John

                            Richard

                            Jim

                            Joal

                            Hank

                            Matt

                            Marks I think there are more then one..

                            Both Mikes

                            Etc everyone !!!!!! Sorry if I left a name out..!!! You are most welcome too…….

                            Back to taking care of my wife who is recovering from surgery on the 9th.. Suffered a setback with infection but is doing better… I am due to go back to work on the 25th and our oldest son is getting Married on the 28th… She worries about everything.. J

                            Message 15 of 26 , Sep 21, 2010
                            • 1 Attachment
                            • 16 KB
                            Anyone else having a problem with WINMOR .....????

                            73 Jerry Kutche N9LYA

                            ARRL Net Manager Indiana Section - Packet Net

                            HF Skipnet Coordinator

                            IP Coordinator Indiana

                            Packet Coordinator Indiana

                            http://www.n9lya.com <http://www.n9lya.com/>

                            http://www.w9otr.org <http://www.w9otr.org/>

                            http://www.indianapacketcouncil.org <http://www.indianapacketcouncil.org/>

                            http://www.mitchellwx.com

                            http://tinyurl.com/y7faewx
                          • Jeff - WA4ZKO
                            Message 16 of 26 , Sep 21, 2010
                              WINMOR TNC or RMS Express?

                              Reason I ask is I've noticed they've been turning out new versions of RMS Express left and right lately. Guess they're still shaking the bugs out of it.

                              73
                              Jeff
                              WA4ZKO
                              Packet: WA4ZKO@WA4ZKO.#NKY.KY.USA.NOAM
                              http://twitter.com/wa4zko

                              --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "Jerry - N9LYA" <n9lya@...> wrote:

                              > Anyone else having a problem with WINMOR .....????
                              >

                              > 73 Jerry Kutche N9LYA
                              >
                              > ARRL Net Manager Indiana Section - Packet Net
                              >
                              > HF Skipnet Coordinator
                              >
                              > IP Coordinator Indiana
                              >
                              > Packet Coordinator Indiana
                              >
                              > http://www.n9lya.com <http://www.n9lya.com/>
                              >
                              > http://www.w9otr.org <http://www.w9otr.org/>
                              >
                              > http://www.indianapacketcouncil.org <http://www.indianapacketcouncil.org/>
                              >
                              > http://www.mitchellwx.com
                              >
                              > http://tinyurl.com/y7faewx

                            • Jerry Kutche
                              Message 17 of 26 , Dec 24, 2014

                                Has anyone gotten winmor to run on a linux box.

                                My next vacuum will be made by Microsoft

                                73.
                                Happy holidays
                                .

                                Message 18 of 26 , Dec 24, 2014

                                  I’ve run WINMOR under WINE, and as far as I can tell it works (using an audio connection to another PC) but I haven’t tried it on air.

                                  Message 19 of 26 , Dec 24, 2014

                                    OK.cool I'll try that.. Tnx. 73

                                    Message 20 of 26 , Dec 24, 2014
                                      Hi Jerry.... Looks like things falling apart... still. Anyone want a ptc-22 plus and ts-750 to go with it?

                                      73 de Bob

                                      To: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com

                                      anyone gotten winmor to run on a linux box.

                                      My next
                                      vacuum will be made by
                                      Microsoft

                                      73.

                                      Happy holidays

                                      .

                                      #yiv8504743595 #yiv8504743595 --
                                      #yiv8504743595ygrp-mkp {
                                      border:1px solid #d8d8d8;font-family:Arial;margin:10px
                                      0;padding:0 10px;}

                                      #yiv8504743595 #yiv8504743595ygrp-mkp hr {
                                      border:1px solid #d8d8d8;}

                                      #yiv8504743595 #yiv8504743595ygrp-mkp #yiv8504743595hd {
                                      color:#628c2a;font-size:85%;font-weight:700;line-height:122%;margin:10px
                                      0;}

                                      #yiv8504743595 #yiv8504743595ygrp-mkp #yiv8504743595ads {
                                      margin-bottom:10px;}

                                      #yiv8504743595 #yiv8504743595ygrp-mkp .yiv8504743595ad {
                                      padding:0 0;}

                                      #yiv8504743595 #yiv8504743595ygrp-mkp .yiv8504743595ad p {
                                      margin:0;}

                                      #yiv8504743595 #yiv8504743595ygrp-mkp .yiv8504743595ad a {
                                      color:#0000ff;text-decoration:none;}
                                      #yiv8504743595 #yiv8504743595ygrp-sponsor
                                      #yiv8504743595ygrp-lc {
                                      font-family:Arial;}

                                      #yiv8504743595 #yiv8504743595ygrp-sponsor
                                      #yiv8504743595ygrp-lc #yiv8504743595hd {
                                      margin:10px
                                      0px;font-weight:700;font-size:78%;line-height:122%;}

                                      #yiv8504743595 #yiv8504743595ygrp-sponsor
                                      #yiv8504743595ygrp-lc .yiv8504743595ad {
                                      margin-bottom:10px;padding:0 0;}

                                      #yiv8504743595 #yiv8504743595actions {
                                      font-family:Verdana;font-size:11px;padding:10px 0;}

                                      #yiv8504743595 #yiv8504743595activity {
                                      background-color:#e0ecee;float:left;font-family:Verdana;font-size:10px;padding:10px;}

                                      #yiv8504743595 #yiv8504743595activity span {
                                      font-weight:700;}

                                      #yiv8504743595 #yiv8504743595activity span:first-child {
                                      text-transform:uppercase;}

                                      #yiv8504743595 #yiv8504743595activity span a {
                                      color:#5085b6;text-decoration:none;}

                                      #yiv8504743595 #yiv8504743595activity span span {
                                      color:#ff7900;}

                                      #yiv8504743595 #yiv8504743595activity span
                                      .yiv8504743595underline {
                                      text-decoration:underline;}

                                      #yiv8504743595 .yiv8504743595attach {
                                      clear:both;display:table;font-family:Arial;font-size:12px;padding:10px
                                      0;width:400px;}

                                      #yiv8504743595 .yiv8504743595attach div a {
                                      text-decoration:none;}

                                      #yiv8504743595 .yiv8504743595attach img {
                                      border:none;padding-right:5px;}

                                      #yiv8504743595 .yiv8504743595attach label {
                                      display:block;margin-bottom:5px;}

                                      #yiv8504743595 .yiv8504743595attach label a {
                                      text-decoration:none;}

                                      #yiv8504743595 blockquote {
                                      margin:0 0 0 4px;}

                                      #yiv8504743595 .yiv8504743595bold {
                                      font-family:Arial;font-size:13px;font-weight:700;}

                                      #yiv8504743595 .yiv8504743595bold a {
                                      text-decoration:none;}

                                      #yiv8504743595 dd.yiv8504743595last p a {
                                      font-family:Verdana;font-weight:700;}

                                      #yiv8504743595 dd.yiv8504743595last p span {
                                      margin-right:10px;font-family:Verdana;font-weight:700;}

                                      #yiv8504743595 dd.yiv8504743595last p
                                      span.yiv8504743595yshortcuts {
                                      margin-right:0;}

                                      #yiv8504743595 div.yiv8504743595attach-table div div a {
                                      text-decoration:none;}

                                      #yiv8504743595 div.yiv8504743595attach-table {
                                      width:400px;}

                                      #yiv8504743595 div.yiv8504743595file-title a, #yiv8504743595
                                      div.yiv8504743595file-title a:active, #yiv8504743595
                                      div.yiv8504743595file-title a:hover, #yiv8504743595
                                      div.yiv8504743595file-title a:visited {
                                      text-decoration:none;}

                                      #yiv8504743595 div.yiv8504743595photo-title a,
                                      #yiv8504743595 div.yiv8504743595photo-title a:active,
                                      #yiv8504743595 div.yiv8504743595photo-title a:hover,
                                      #yiv8504743595 div.yiv8504743595photo-title a:visited {
                                      text-decoration:none;}

                                      #yiv8504743595 div#yiv8504743595ygrp-mlmsg
                                      #yiv8504743595ygrp-msg p a span.yiv8504743595yshortcuts {
                                      font-family:Verdana;font-size:10px;font-weight:normal;}

                                      #yiv8504743595 .yiv8504743595green {
                                      color:#628c2a;}

                                      #yiv8504743595 .yiv8504743595MsoNormal {
                                      margin:0 0 0 0;}

                                      #yiv8504743595 o {
                                      font-size:0;}

                                      #yiv8504743595 #yiv8504743595photos div {
                                      float:left;width:72px;}

                                      #yiv8504743595 #yiv8504743595photos div div {
                                      border:1px solid
                                      #666666;height:62px;overflow:hidden;width:62px;}

                                      #yiv8504743595 #yiv8504743595photos div label {
                                      color:#666666;font-size:10px;overflow:hidden;text-align:center;white-space:nowrap;width:64px;}

                                      #yiv8504743595 #yiv8504743595reco-category {
                                      font-size:77%;}

                                      #yiv8504743595 #yiv8504743595reco-desc {
                                      font-size:77%;}

                                      #yiv8504743595 .yiv8504743595replbq {
                                      margin:4px;}

                                      #yiv8504743595 #yiv8504743595ygrp-actbar div a:first-child {
                                      margin-right:2px;padding-right:5px;}

                                      #yiv8504743595 #yiv8504743595ygrp-mlmsg {
                                      font-size:13px;font-family:Arial, helvetica, clean,
                                      sans-serif;}

                                      #yiv8504743595 #yiv8504743595ygrp-mlmsg table {
                                      font-size:inherit;font:100%;}

                                      #yiv8504743595 #yiv8504743595ygrp-mlmsg select,
                                      #yiv8504743595 input, #yiv8504743595 textarea {
                                      font:99% Arial, Helvetica, clean, sans-serif;}

                                      #yiv8504743595 #yiv8504743595ygrp-mlmsg pre, #yiv8504743595
                                      code {
                                      font:115% monospace;}

                                      #yiv8504743595 #yiv8504743595ygrp-mlmsg * {
                                      line-height:1.22em;}

                                      #yiv8504743595 #yiv8504743595ygrp-mlmsg #yiv8504743595logo {
                                      padding-bottom:10px;}

                                      #yiv8504743595 #yiv8504743595ygrp-msg p a {
                                      font-family:Verdana;}

                                      #yiv8504743595 #yiv8504743595ygrp-msg
                                      p#yiv8504743595attach-count span {
                                      color:#1E66AE;font-weight:700;}

                                      #yiv8504743595 #yiv8504743595ygrp-reco
                                      #yiv8504743595reco-head {
                                      color:#ff7900;font-weight:700;}

                                      #yiv8504743595 #yiv8504743595ygrp-reco {
                                      margin-bottom:20px;padding:0px;}

                                      #yiv8504743595 #yiv8504743595ygrp-sponsor #yiv8504743595ov
                                      li a {
                                      font-size:130%;text-decoration:none;}

                                      #yiv8504743595 #yiv8504743595ygrp-sponsor #yiv8504743595ov
                                      li {
                                      font-size:77%;list-style-type:square;padding:6px 0;}

                                      #yiv8504743595 #yiv8504743595ygrp-sponsor #yiv8504743595ov
                                      ul {
                                      margin:0;padding:0 0 0 8px;}

                                      #yiv8504743595 #yiv8504743595ygrp-text {
                                      font-family:Georgia;}

                                      #yiv8504743595 #yiv8504743595ygrp-text p {
                                      margin:0 0 1em 0;}

                                      #yiv8504743595 #yiv8504743595ygrp-text tt {
                                      font-size:120%;}

                                      #yiv8504743595 #yiv8504743595ygrp-vital ul li:last-child {
                                      border-right:none !important;
                                      }
                                      #yiv8504743595
                                    • Jerry Kutche
                                      Message 21 of 26 , Dec 24, 2014

                                        Hey Bob
                                        Send me ur number my call at nwcable.net

                                        To: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com

                                        Message 22 of 26 , Dec 24, 2014
                                          Hi Jerry,

                                          I have moved everything in my RMS and full service BBS/FPAC node except WINMOR onto Linux and would absolutely love that to be possible as well. But there’s way too much Microsoft bloat (.Net in particular) to make it work on a lean and mean Linux deployment. M$ ports to Linux are generally hacks and Linux has native support for almost everything we need in amateur radio. Unfortunately, WINMOR isn’t going to be one of them the way it is looking.

                                          At some point we will get something like OpenMOR working on Linux and then many of us can unchain their stations from M$ and run low power, low cost, extremely capable stations without all the bloat – especially on the sysop side.

                                          For now I am forced to keep the Windows machine involved only for WINMOR. As my station is on 24/7/365 solar-battery power, that is a huge thorn in my side. But knowing the natural fit of Linux and Amateur radio (especially on the sysop side), I have a feeling that won’t be for long.

                                          On the client side, Windows will be around for quite awhile – so this problem is really only a big drawback on the ‘system’ side IMHO.

                                          Best,
                                          Steve K6ETA

                                          Message 23 of 26 , Dec 24, 2014
                                            I believe that the proposed Winmor replacement mode (ARDOP) is supposed
                                            to be cross platform.

                                            Merry Christmas to all!

                                            73, Steve KB1TCE

                                            On Wed, December 24, 2014 5:21 pm, Steven Fischer k6eta@...
                                            [BPQ32] wrote:
                                            > Hi Jerry,
                                            >

                                            > I have moved everything in my RMS and full service BBS/FPAC node except
                                            > WINMOR onto Linux and would absolutely love that to be possible as well.
                                            > But
                                            > there¹s way too much Microsoft bloat (.Net in particular) to make it work
                                            > on a lean and mean Linux deployment. M$ ports to Linux are generally hacks
                                            > and Linux has native support for almost everything we need in amateur
                                            > radio. Unfortunately, WINMOR isn¹t going to be one of them the way it is
                                            > looking.
                                            >
                                            > At some point we will get something like OpenMOR working on Linux and
                                            > then many of us can unchain their stations from M$ and run low power, low
                                            > cost, extremely capable stations without all the bloat ­ especially on the
                                            > sysop side.
                                            >
                                            > For now I am forced to keep the Windows machine involved only for WINMOR.
                                            > As
                                            > my station is on 24/7/365 solar-battery power, that is a huge thorn in my
                                            > side. But knowing the natural fit of Linux and Amateur radio (especially
                                            > on the sysop side), I have a feeling that won¹t be for long.
                                            >
                                            > On the client side, Windows will be around for quite awhile ­ so this
                                            > problem is really only a big drawback on the Œsystem¹ side IMHO.
                                            >
                                            > Best,
                                            > Steve K6ETA
                                            >

                                            > From: "Jerry Kutche n9lya4@... [BPQ32]" <BPQ32@yahoogroups.com>
                                            > Date: Wednesday, December 24, 2014 at 8:50 AM
                                            > To: <BPQ32@yahoogroups.com>
                                            > Subject: [BPQ32] Winmor
                                            >

                                            > Has anyone gotten winmor to run on a linux box.
                                            >

                                            > My next vacuum will be made by Microsoft
                                            >

                                            > 73.
                                            > Happy holidays
                                            > .

                                          • Matthew Pitts
                                            Message 24 of 26 , Dec 24, 2014
                                              Not only cross-platform, but open source from the start. I'm currently doing a port of it from VB.NET to C#, which will much simplify porting it to C or C++. One of the advantages of .NET/Mono is that you don't have to recompile for different platforms, but it is offset by the runtime requirement.

                                              Matthew Pitts
                                              N8OHU

                                              --
                                              Sent from my Moto X with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.
                                            • kb1tce
                                              Message 25 of 26 , Dec 24, 2014
                                                Thanks for the update Matthew. Is there any target timeframe and/or site
                                                to follow progress?

                                                73 Steve KB1TCE

                                                Message 26 of 26 , Dec 24, 2014
                                                  There are two Yahoo Groups for it; ardop_users and ardop_development where folks can discuss it. As they are relatively new, there hasn't been much activity on them as yet.

                                                  Matthew Pitts
                                                  N8OHU