Re: [BPQ32] WINMOR support for BPQ32.

  • Robert S. Fisher
    Message 1 of 15 , Feb 6, 2010
      John,

      I would appreciate the opportunity to help test Winmor with BPQ. I have
      been beta testing WINMOR and RMS Express since October and look forward
      to seeing incorporated with BPQ.

      Rob
      WA7RF

      John Wiseman wrote:

      > I'm developing an interface for BPQ32 to use the recently released
      > WINMOR Virtual TNC. It should be ready for testing in a couple of
      > days. If anyone is interested in helping to test it, please let me
      > know. Some experience with WINMOR/RMS Express would be useful, but not
      > essential.
      >
      > 73,
      > John G8BPQ

      > I am using the Free version of SPAMfighter
      > <http://www.spamfighter.com/len>.
      > The Professional version does not have this message.

    • gervais
      Message 2 of 15 , Feb 6, 2010
        Hi all
        what would be the advantage to integrade Winmor to my BPQ32 system?
        what would be the + for my communauty?
        73/s
        gervais ve2ckn

        > I would appreciate the opportunity to help test Winmor with BPQ. I have
        > been beta testing WINMOR and RMS Express since October and look forward
        > to seeing incorporated with BPQ.
        >
        > Rob
        > WA7RF
        >
        > John Wiseman wrote:
        >>

        >> I'm developing an interface for BPQ32 to use the recently released
        >> WINMOR Virtual TNC. It should be ready for testing in a couple of
        >> days. If anyone is interested in helping to test it, please let me
        >> know. Some experience with WINMOR/RMS Express would be useful, but not
        >> essential.
        >>
        >> 73,
        >> John G8BPQ

        >> I am using the Free version of SPAMfighter
        >> <http://www.spamfighter.com/len>.
        >> We are a community of 6 million users fighting spam.
        >> The Professional version does not have this message.

      • Rick Muething
        Message 3 of 15 , Feb 8, 2010
          All,

          There is a helper application (WINMOR TNC.exe) that will implement the
          WINMOR protocol. But it will require a developer to write the appropriate
          driver for BPQ32. There is a detailed spec on the WINMOR TNC on the
          reflector.

          It is important to remember that WINMOR like Pactor is a synchronous
          connected protocol not like packet and this may require some special
          consideration in BPQ.

          Rick KN6KB

          > I would appreciate the opportunity to help test Winmor with BPQ. I have
          > been beta testing WINMOR and RMS Express since October and look forward
          > to seeing incorporated with BPQ.
          >
          > Rob
          > WA7RF
          >
          > John Wiseman wrote:
          >>

          >> I'm developing an interface for BPQ32 to use the recently released
          >> WINMOR Virtual TNC. It should be ready for testing in a couple of
          >> days. If anyone is interested in helping to test it, please let me
          >> know. Some experience with WINMOR/RMS Express would be useful, but not
          >> essential.
          >>
          >> 73,
          >> John G8BPQ

          >> I am using the Free version of SPAMfighter
          >> <http://www.spamfighter.com/len>.
          >> We are a community of 6 million users fighting spam.
          >> The Professional version does not have this message.

          02:35:00
          Message 4 of 15 , Feb 9, 2010
            Gervais,

            WINMOR is a soundcard-based protocol, optimised for use for message transfer on HF.  I see it's main use to be mail forwarding on HF between BBS systems, or from a user PMS to the BBS. It can be used for interactive access to the network, but isn't optimised for this use.

            To the BPQ32 node, it looks the same as a Pactor TNC.

            The BPQ32 driver software should be available to those interested in testing it later today.

            href="http://www.spamfighter.com/len">http://www.spamfigh ter.com/len>.

            >> SPAMfighter has
            removed 338 of my spam emails to date.

            ------------ --------- --------- ------

            > Yahoo!
            Groups Links

            02:35:00

            Message 5 of 15 , Feb 9, 2010
              I haven't been able to complete the release documentation this evening, but for those wanting to experiment with WINMOR. the preliminary documentation is available at:

              The winmor.dll driver and a sample BPQtoWINMOR.cfg can be downloaded from:

              Note that you will also need to download the WINMOR VIrtual TNC from the files section of the WINMOR Yahoo group.

              73,
              John G8BPQ

              Message 6 of 15 , Feb 10, 2010
                Message Larry WB9FPH has invited those testing WINMOR to try his RMS station - see details below.

                Thanks, Larry.