RE: [BPQ32] WINMOR support for BPQ32.

  • Jerry - N9LYA
    Message 1 of 15 , Feb 6, 2010

      Add me John….

      73 Jerry Thanks

      From: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com [mailto:BPQ32@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of John Wiseman
      Sent: Saturday, February 06, 2010 4:37 PM
      To: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [BPQ32] WINMOR support for BPQ32.

       I'm developing an interface for BPQ32 to use the recently released WINMOR Virtual TNC. It should be ready for testing in a couple of days. If anyone is interested in helping to test it, please let me know. Some experience with WINMOR/RMS Express would be useful, but not essential.

      73,

      John G8BPQ

    • Michael Melnik
      Message 2 of 15 , Feb 6, 2010
        Will be more then happy to test also

        Mike Melnik-N9PMO
        Web http://n9pmo.dyndns.org

        Scanned by Symantec Corporate A/V

        Message 3 of 15 , Feb 6, 2010
          John,

          I would appreciate the opportunity to help test Winmor with BPQ. I have
          been beta testing WINMOR and RMS Express since October and look forward
          to seeing incorporated with BPQ.

          Rob
          WA7RF

          John Wiseman wrote:

          > I'm developing an interface for BPQ32 to use the recently released
          > WINMOR Virtual TNC. It should be ready for testing in a couple of
          > days. If anyone is interested in helping to test it, please let me
          > know. Some experience with WINMOR/RMS Express would be useful, but not
          > essential.
          >
          > 73,
          > John G8BPQ

          > I am using the Free version of SPAMfighter
          > <http://www.spamfighter.com/len>.
          > The Professional version does not have this message.

        • gervais
          Message 4 of 15 , Feb 6, 2010
            Hi all
            what would be the advantage to integrade Winmor to my BPQ32 system?
            what would be the + for my communauty?
            73/s
            gervais ve2ckn

            > I would appreciate the opportunity to help test Winmor with BPQ. I have
            > been beta testing WINMOR and RMS Express since October and look forward
            > to seeing incorporated with BPQ.
            >
            > Rob
            > WA7RF
            >
            > John Wiseman wrote:
            >>

            >> I'm developing an interface for BPQ32 to use the recently released
            >> WINMOR Virtual TNC. It should be ready for testing in a couple of
            >> days. If anyone is interested in helping to test it, please let me
            >> know. Some experience with WINMOR/RMS Express would be useful, but not
            >> essential.
            >>
            >> 73,
            >> John G8BPQ

            >> I am using the Free version of SPAMfighter
            >> <http://www.spamfighter.com/len>.
            >> We are a community of 6 million users fighting spam.
            >> The Professional version does not have this message.

          • Rick Muething
            Message 5 of 15 , Feb 8, 2010
              All,

              There is a helper application (WINMOR TNC.exe) that will implement the
              WINMOR protocol. But it will require a developer to write the appropriate
              driver for BPQ32. There is a detailed spec on the WINMOR TNC on the
              reflector.

              It is important to remember that WINMOR like Pactor is a synchronous
              connected protocol not like packet and this may require some special
              consideration in BPQ.

              Rick KN6KB

              > I would appreciate the opportunity to help test Winmor with BPQ. I have
              > been beta testing WINMOR and RMS Express since October and look forward
              > to seeing incorporated with BPQ.
              >
              > Rob
              > WA7RF
              >
              > John Wiseman wrote:
              >>

              >> I'm developing an interface for BPQ32 to use the recently released
              >> WINMOR Virtual TNC. It should be ready for testing in a couple of
              >> days. If anyone is interested in helping to test it, please let me
              >> know. Some experience with WINMOR/RMS Express would be useful, but not
              >> essential.
              >>
              >> 73,
              >> John G8BPQ

              >> I am using the Free version of SPAMfighter
              >> <http://www.spamfighter.com/len>.
              >> We are a community of 6 million users fighting spam.
              >> The Professional version does not have this message.

              02:35:00
              Message 6 of 15 , Feb 9, 2010
                Gervais,

                WINMOR is a soundcard-based protocol, optimised for use for message transfer on HF.  I see it's main use to be mail forwarding on HF between BBS systems, or from a user PMS to the BBS. It can be used for interactive access to the network, but isn't optimised for this use.

                To the BPQ32 node, it looks the same as a Pactor TNC.

                The BPQ32 driver software should be available to those interested in testing it later today.

                href="http://www.spamfighter.com/len">http://www.spamfigh ter.com/len>.

                >> SPAMfighter has
                removed 338 of my spam emails to date.

                ------------ --------- --------- ------

                > Yahoo!
                Groups Links

                02:35:00

                Message 7 of 15 , Feb 9, 2010
                  I haven't been able to complete the release documentation this evening, but for those wanting to experiment with WINMOR. the preliminary documentation is available at:

                  The winmor.dll driver and a sample BPQtoWINMOR.cfg can be downloaded from:

                  Note that you will also need to download the WINMOR VIrtual TNC from the files section of the WINMOR Yahoo group.

                  73,
                  John G8BPQ

                  Message 8 of 15 , Feb 10, 2010
                    Message Larry WB9FPH has invited those testing WINMOR to try his RMS station - see details below.

                    Thanks, Larry.