WINMOR support for BPQ32.

    Message 1 of 15 , Feb 6, 2010
      Message
       I'm developing an interface for BPQ32 to use the recently released WINMOR Virtual TNC. It should be ready for testing in a couple of days. If anyone is interested in helping to test it, please let me know. Some experience with WINMOR/RMS Express would be useful, but not essential.

      73,
      John G8BPQ

    • Jerry - N9LYA
      Message 2 of 15 , Feb 6, 2010

        Add me John….

        73 Jerry Thanks

         I'm developing an interface for BPQ32 to use the recently released WINMOR Virtual TNC. It should be ready for testing in a couple of days. If anyone is interested in helping to test it, please let me know. Some experience with WINMOR/RMS Express would be useful, but not essential.

        73,

        John G8BPQ

      • Michael Melnik
        Message 3 of 15 , Feb 6, 2010
          Will be more then happy to test also

          Mike Melnik-N9PMO
          Web http://n9pmo.dyndns.org

          Scanned by Symantec Corporate A/V

          Message 4 of 15 , Feb 6, 2010
            John,

            I would appreciate the opportunity to help test Winmor with BPQ. I have
            been beta testing WINMOR and RMS Express since October and look forward
            to seeing incorporated with BPQ.

            Rob
            WA7RF

            John Wiseman wrote:

            > I'm developing an interface for BPQ32 to use the recently released
            > WINMOR Virtual TNC. It should be ready for testing in a couple of
            > days. If anyone is interested in helping to test it, please let me
            > know. Some experience with WINMOR/RMS Express would be useful, but not
            > essential.
            >
            > 73,
            > John G8BPQ

            > I am using the Free version of SPAMfighter
            > <http://www.spamfighter.com/len>.
            > The Professional version does not have this message.

          • gervais
            Message 5 of 15 , Feb 6, 2010
              Hi all
              what would be the advantage to integrade Winmor to my BPQ32 system?
              what would be the + for my communauty?
              73/s
              gervais ve2ckn

              > I would appreciate the opportunity to help test Winmor with BPQ. I have
              > been beta testing WINMOR and RMS Express since October and look forward
              > to seeing incorporated with BPQ.
              >
              > Rob
              > WA7RF
              >
              > John Wiseman wrote:
              >>

              >> I'm developing an interface for BPQ32 to use the recently released
              >> WINMOR Virtual TNC. It should be ready for testing in a couple of
              >> days. If anyone is interested in helping to test it, please let me
              >> know. Some experience with WINMOR/RMS Express would be useful, but not
              >> essential.
              >>
              >> 73,
              >> John G8BPQ

              >> I am using the Free version of SPAMfighter
              >> <http://www.spamfighter.com/len>.
              >> We are a community of 6 million users fighting spam.
              >> The Professional version does not have this message.

            • Rick Muething
              Message 6 of 15 , Feb 8, 2010
                All,

                There is a helper application (WINMOR TNC.exe) that will implement the
                WINMOR protocol. But it will require a developer to write the appropriate
                driver for BPQ32. There is a detailed spec on the WINMOR TNC on the
                reflector.

                It is important to remember that WINMOR like Pactor is a synchronous
                connected protocol not like packet and this may require some special
                consideration in BPQ.

                Rick KN6KB

                > I would appreciate the opportunity to help test Winmor with BPQ. I have
                > been beta testing WINMOR and RMS Express since October and look forward
                > to seeing incorporated with BPQ.
                >
                > Rob
                > WA7RF
                >
                > John Wiseman wrote:
                >>

                >> I'm developing an interface for BPQ32 to use the recently released
                >> WINMOR Virtual TNC. It should be ready for testing in a couple of
                >> days. If anyone is interested in helping to test it, please let me
                >> know. Some experience with WINMOR/RMS Express would be useful, but not
                >> essential.
                >>
                >> 73,
                >> John G8BPQ

                >> I am using the Free version of SPAMfighter
                >> <http://www.spamfighter.com/len>.
                >> We are a community of 6 million users fighting spam.
                >> The Professional version does not have this message.

                02:35:00
                Message 7 of 15 , Feb 9, 2010
                  Message
                  Gervais,

                  WINMOR is a soundcard-based protocol, optimised for use for message transfer on HF.  I see it's main use to be mail forwarding on HF between BBS systems, or from a user PMS to the BBS. It can be used for interactive access to the network, but isn't optimised for this use.

                  To the BPQ32 node, it looks the same as a Pactor TNC.

                  The BPQ32 driver software should be available to those interested in testing it later today.

                  href="http://www.spamfighter.com/len">http://www.spamfigh ter.com/len>.

                  >> SPAMfighter has
                  removed 338 of my spam emails to date.

                  ------------ --------- --------- ------

                  > Yahoo!
                  Groups Links

                  02:35:00

                  Message 8 of 15 , Feb 9, 2010
                    Message
                    I haven't been able to complete the release documentation this evening, but for those wanting to experiment with WINMOR. the preliminary documentation is available at:

                    The winmor.dll driver and a sample BPQtoWINMOR.cfg can be downloaded from:

                    Note that you will also need to download the WINMOR VIrtual TNC from the files section of the WINMOR Yahoo group.

                    73,
                    John G8BPQ

                    Message 9 of 15 , Feb 10, 2010
                      Message Larry WB9FPH has invited those testing WINMOR to try his RMS station - see details below.

                      Thanks, Larry.