IP on each radio port?

  • SV1UY
    Message 1 of 15 , Jan 19, 2010
      Hi all,

      Can we put a different ip address on each radio port in BPQ32? In essence I would like to make an AMPRnet Gateway using BPQ32 code. Is this possible or am I looking at the wrong application?

      Also how can I make javAPRSIGate work with BPQ32 in one radio iport without using AGW? javAPRSIGAte can see either a TNC directly, or AX25 ports in a LINUX box. As a last resort I could use the AGW support of BPQ32 but I think I am going to overload my 2.4 GHZ CELERON with 1 GB RAM and WIndows XP-SP3 box that I use exclusively for BPQ32.

      Any ideas/pointers would be much appreciated guys!!!

      73 de Demetre SV1UY
      Message 2 of 15 , Jan 20, 2010
        Message
        Demetre,

        The BPQ32 IP gateway is an mac level system, so doesn't have IP adddresses on it's ax.25 ports. The only IP address is on the ethernet LAN.

        I don't know anything about javAPRSIGate, but if it is designed to work with a normal tnc on a com port it should work with BPQTNC2. If if can use a KISS TNC it should work direct to the switch (using the BPQVKISS port driver).

        73,
        John G8BPQ

        Message 3 of 15 , Jan 20, 2010

          > Demetre,
          >
          > The BPQ32 IP gateway is an mac level system, so doesn't have IP adddresses
          > on it's ax.25 ports. The only IP address is on the ethernet LAN.
          >
          > I don't know anything about javAPRSIGate, but if it is designed to work with
          > a normal tnc on a com port it should work with BPQTNC2. If if can use a KISS
          > TNC it should work direct to the switch (using the BPQVKISS port driver).
          >
          > 73,
          > John G8BPQ

          Thanks for letting us know John.

          73 de Demetre SV1UY
        • Bill V WA7NWP
          Message 4 of 15 , Jan 20, 2010
            > The BPQ32 IP gateway is an mac level system, so doesn't have IP adddresses on it's ax.25 ports. The only IP address is on the ethernet LAN.

            Just confirming... So the only way then to do TCP on AX25 with BPQ is
            to have an application like JNOS running for the TCP side and use BPQ
            simply for the AX25 handling?

            Bill - WA7NWP
            Message 5 of 15 , Jan 20, 2010
              Message
              Bill,

              That is correct - it bridges between  IP over ax.25 port(s) and IP over Ethernet. It was written to give MSYS access to the Internet, but could be used for other purposes, incluing NOS or Linux connectivity. It does not host any applications.

              Message 6 of 15 , Jan 20, 2010
                \=
                > That is correct - it bridges between  IP over ax.25 port(s) and IP over Ethernet. It was written to give MSYS access to the Internet, but could be used for other purposes, incluing NOS or Linux connectivity. It does not host any applications.

                Thanks John. I think I understand. That could be a big thing for
                hooking JNOS to the native IP stack on Windows and I'll give that a
                try -- one of these days..

                73
                Bill
                Message 7 of 15 , Feb 6, 2010
                  Message
                   I'm developing an interface for BPQ32 to use the recently released WINMOR Virtual TNC. It should be ready for testing in a couple of days. If anyone is interested in helping to test it, please let me know. Some experience with WINMOR/RMS Express would be useful, but not essential.

                  73,
                  John G8BPQ

                • Jerry - N9LYA
                  Message 8 of 15 , Feb 6, 2010

                    Add me John….

                    73 Jerry Thanks

                     I'm developing an interface for BPQ32 to use the recently released WINMOR Virtual TNC. It should be ready for testing in a couple of days. If anyone is interested in helping to test it, please let me know. Some experience with WINMOR/RMS Express would be useful, but not essential.

                    73,

                    John G8BPQ

                  • Michael Melnik
                    Message 9 of 15 , Feb 6, 2010
                      Will be more then happy to test also

                      Mike Melnik-N9PMO
                      Web http://n9pmo.dyndns.org

                      Scanned by Symantec Corporate A/V

                      Message 10 of 15 , Feb 6, 2010
                        John,

                        I would appreciate the opportunity to help test Winmor with BPQ. I have
                        been beta testing WINMOR and RMS Express since October and look forward
                        to seeing incorporated with BPQ.

                        Rob
                        WA7RF

                        John Wiseman wrote:

                        > I'm developing an interface for BPQ32 to use the recently released
                        > WINMOR Virtual TNC. It should be ready for testing in a couple of
                        > days. If anyone is interested in helping to test it, please let me
                        > know. Some experience with WINMOR/RMS Express would be useful, but not
                        > essential.
                        >
                        > 73,
                        > John G8BPQ

                        > I am using the Free version of SPAMfighter
                        > <http://www.spamfighter.com/len>.
                        > The Professional version does not have this message.

                      • gervais
                        Message 11 of 15 , Feb 6, 2010
                          Hi all
                          what would be the advantage to integrade Winmor to my BPQ32 system?
                          what would be the + for my communauty?
                          73/s
                          gervais ve2ckn

                          > I would appreciate the opportunity to help test Winmor with BPQ. I have
                          > been beta testing WINMOR and RMS Express since October and look forward
                          > to seeing incorporated with BPQ.
                          >
                          > Rob
                          > WA7RF
                          >
                          > John Wiseman wrote:
                          >>

                          >> I'm developing an interface for BPQ32 to use the recently released
                          >> WINMOR Virtual TNC. It should be ready for testing in a couple of
                          >> days. If anyone is interested in helping to test it, please let me
                          >> know. Some experience with WINMOR/RMS Express would be useful, but not
                          >> essential.
                          >>
                          >> 73,
                          >> John G8BPQ

                          >> I am using the Free version of SPAMfighter
                          >> <http://www.spamfighter.com/len>.
                          >> We are a community of 6 million users fighting spam.
                          >> The Professional version does not have this message.

                        • Rick Muething
                          Message 12 of 15 , Feb 8, 2010
                            All,

                            There is a helper application (WINMOR TNC.exe) that will implement the
                            WINMOR protocol. But it will require a developer to write the appropriate
                            driver for BPQ32. There is a detailed spec on the WINMOR TNC on the
                            reflector.

                            It is important to remember that WINMOR like Pactor is a synchronous
                            connected protocol not like packet and this may require some special
                            consideration in BPQ.

                            Rick KN6KB

                            > I would appreciate the opportunity to help test Winmor with BPQ. I have
                            > been beta testing WINMOR and RMS Express since October and look forward
                            > to seeing incorporated with BPQ.
                            >
                            > Rob
                            > WA7RF
                            >
                            > John Wiseman wrote:
                            >>

                            >> I'm developing an interface for BPQ32 to use the recently released
                            >> WINMOR Virtual TNC. It should be ready for testing in a couple of
                            >> days. If anyone is interested in helping to test it, please let me
                            >> know. Some experience with WINMOR/RMS Express would be useful, but not
                            >> essential.
                            >>
                            >> 73,
                            >> John G8BPQ

                            >> I am using the Free version of SPAMfighter
                            >> <http://www.spamfighter.com/len>.
                            >> We are a community of 6 million users fighting spam.
                            >> The Professional version does not have this message.

                            02:35:00
                            Message 13 of 15 , Feb 9, 2010
                              Message
                              Gervais,

                              WINMOR is a soundcard-based protocol, optimised for use for message transfer on HF.  I see it's main use to be mail forwarding on HF between BBS systems, or from a user PMS to the BBS. It can be used for interactive access to the network, but isn't optimised for this use.

                              To the BPQ32 node, it looks the same as a Pactor TNC.

                              The BPQ32 driver software should be available to those interested in testing it later today.

                              href="http://www.spamfighter.com/len">http://www.spamfigh ter.com/len>.

                              >> SPAMfighter has
                              removed 338 of my spam emails to date.

                              ------------ --------- --------- ------

                              > Yahoo!
                              Groups Links

                              02:35:00

                              Message 14 of 15 , Feb 9, 2010
                                Message
                                I haven't been able to complete the release documentation this evening, but for those wanting to experiment with WINMOR. the preliminary documentation is available at:

                                The winmor.dll driver and a sample BPQtoWINMOR.cfg can be downloaded from:

                                Note that you will also need to download the WINMOR VIrtual TNC from the files section of the WINMOR Yahoo group.

                                73,
                                John G8BPQ

                                Message 15 of 15 , Feb 10, 2010
                                  Message Larry WB9FPH has invited those testing WINMOR to try his RMS station - see details below.

                                  Thanks, Larry.