Re: [BPQ32] Winlink and BPQ

  • Bill V WA7NWP
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 11, 2010
      > I've done a bit more testing, and Paclink can interface with BPQ32 using either a virtual KISS port, or BPQHOSTMODES. The KISS interface is probably neater, as you don't have to run any extra programs.

      Here's a twist on the Airmail to BPQ32 issue. I'd like to run
      Airmail on one PC to access the BPQ32 stack on the server PC in the
      corner.

      I believe the options are either use a network linked serial port
      program or use the AGW emulator to create the TCP socket which is then
      connected to from the shim program.

      Any other ideas or suggestions?

      Thanks,
      Bill - WA7NWP
    • Robert S. Fisher
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 11, 2010
        I have been running Airmail with BPQHOSTMODES and have no problem with
        outbound connects. Both Airmail and BPQ32 running on the same machine.
        I am using hostmodes in Kantronics mode and use the the KAM selection in
        Airmail. I have not yet got inbound connects from the node to hook in.
        I am using appmask 4 and have setup bpqcfg correctly I think, but am
        getting the node notice that all Airmail Ports are in use and I have 10
        streams setup in BPQHOSTMODES.

        Rob
        WA7RF
        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 11, 2010
          Rob,

          It does work - I've just checked again - so it is probably a config issue. In HOSTMODES the appl mask is decimal. Applmask 4 corresponds to the third  BPQ32 application.

          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 11, 2010
            John,

            Thanks. That was it. I wasn't thinking about appl mask increment and
            position......made it 8 in hostmode for the 4 application position and
            works like a charm.

            Rob,
            WA7RF

            John Wiseman wrote:

            > Rob,
            > It does work - I've just checked again - so it is probably a config
            > issue. In HOSTMODES the appl mask is decimal. Applmask 4 corresponds
            > to the third BPQ32 application.
            > 73, John

          • Jerry - N9LYA
            Message 5 of 10 , Jan 11, 2010