Re: Winlink and BPQ

  • PD0SNK
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 11, 2010
      Airmail also works with AGWtoBPQ but you need AMPE or AMPEstreams to interface between bpq and airmail becouse airmail does not support agw self.

      Danny..

      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 11, 2010
        I've done a bit more testing, and Paclink can interface with BPQ32 using either a virtual KISS port, or BPQHOSTMODES. The KISS interface is probably neater, as you don't have to run any extra programs.

        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 11, 2010
          > I've done a bit more testing, and Paclink can interface with BPQ32 using either a virtual KISS port, or BPQHOSTMODES. The KISS interface is probably neater, as you don't have to run any extra programs.

          Here's a twist on the Airmail to BPQ32 issue. I'd like to run
          Airmail on one PC to access the BPQ32 stack on the server PC in the
          corner.

          I believe the options are either use a network linked serial port
          program or use the AGW emulator to create the TCP socket which is then
          connected to from the shim program.

          Any other ideas or suggestions?

          Thanks,
          Bill - WA7NWP
        • Robert S. Fisher
          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 11, 2010
            I have been running Airmail with BPQHOSTMODES and have no problem with
            outbound connects. Both Airmail and BPQ32 running on the same machine.
            I am using hostmodes in Kantronics mode and use the the KAM selection in
            Airmail. I have not yet got inbound connects from the node to hook in.
            I am using appmask 4 and have setup bpqcfg correctly I think, but am
            getting the node notice that all Airmail Ports are in use and I have 10
            streams setup in BPQHOSTMODES.

            Rob
            WA7RF
            Message 5 of 10 , Jan 11, 2010
              Rob,

              It does work - I've just checked again - so it is probably a config issue. In HOSTMODES the appl mask is decimal. Applmask 4 corresponds to the third  BPQ32 application.

              Message 6 of 10 , Jan 11, 2010
                John,

                Thanks. That was it. I wasn't thinking about appl mask increment and
                position......made it 8 in hostmode for the 4 application position and
                works like a charm.

                Rob,
                WA7RF

                John Wiseman wrote:

                > Rob,
                > It does work - I've just checked again - so it is probably a config
                > issue. In HOSTMODES the appl mask is decimal. Applmask 4 corresponds
                > to the third BPQ32 application.
                > 73, John

              • Jerry - N9LYA
                Message 7 of 10 , Jan 11, 2010