RE: [BPQ32] Winlink and BPQ

    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 11, 2010
      Message
      Actually not true, Airmail works fine with the BPQHostModes emulator, and if I remember so does Paclink, but I'd need to check. BPQHostModes emulates either Kantronics or DED Host Mode TNC's

      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 11, 2010
        Airmail also works with AGWtoBPQ but you need AMPE or AMPEstreams to interface between bpq and airmail becouse airmail does not support agw self.

        Danny..

        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 11, 2010
          Message
          I've done a bit more testing, and Paclink can interface with BPQ32 using either a virtual KISS port, or BPQHOSTMODES. The KISS interface is probably neater, as you don't have to run any extra programs.

          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 11, 2010
            > I've done a bit more testing, and Paclink can interface with BPQ32 using either a virtual KISS port, or BPQHOSTMODES. The KISS interface is probably neater, as you don't have to run any extra programs.

            Here's a twist on the Airmail to BPQ32 issue. I'd like to run
            Airmail on one PC to access the BPQ32 stack on the server PC in the
            corner.

            I believe the options are either use a network linked serial port
            program or use the AGW emulator to create the TCP socket which is then
            connected to from the shim program.

            Any other ideas or suggestions?

            Thanks,
            Bill - WA7NWP
          • Robert S. Fisher
            Message 5 of 10 , Jan 11, 2010
              I have been running Airmail with BPQHOSTMODES and have no problem with
              outbound connects. Both Airmail and BPQ32 running on the same machine.
              I am using hostmodes in Kantronics mode and use the the KAM selection in
              Airmail. I have not yet got inbound connects from the node to hook in.
              I am using appmask 4 and have setup bpqcfg correctly I think, but am
              getting the node notice that all Airmail Ports are in use and I have 10
              streams setup in BPQHOSTMODES.

              Rob
              WA7RF
              Message 6 of 10 , Jan 11, 2010
                Message
                Rob,

                It does work - I've just checked again - so it is probably a config issue. In HOSTMODES the appl mask is decimal. Applmask 4 corresponds to the third  BPQ32 application.

                Message 7 of 10 , Jan 11, 2010
                  John,

                  Thanks. That was it. I wasn't thinking about appl mask increment and
                  position......made it 8 in hostmode for the 4 application position and
                  works like a charm.

                  Rob,
                  WA7RF

                  John Wiseman wrote:

                  > Rob,
                  > It does work - I've just checked again - so it is probably a config
                  > issue. In HOSTMODES the appl mask is decimal. Applmask 4 corresponds
                  > to the third BPQ32 application.
                  > 73, John

                • Jerry - N9LYA
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jan 11, 2010