Re: [BPQ32] Winlink and BPQ

  • Jim WU3V
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 11, 2010
      Yes but only in AGW mode, neither has a native BPQ32 driver

      Jim
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 11, 2010
        Actually not true, Airmail works fine with the BPQHostModes emulator, and if I remember so does Paclink, but I'd need to check. BPQHostModes emulates either Kantronics or DED Host Mode TNC's

        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 11, 2010
          Airmail also works with AGWtoBPQ but you need AMPE or AMPEstreams to interface between bpq and airmail becouse airmail does not support agw self.

          Danny..

          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 11, 2010
            I've done a bit more testing, and Paclink can interface with BPQ32 using either a virtual KISS port, or BPQHOSTMODES. The KISS interface is probably neater, as you don't have to run any extra programs.

            Message 5 of 10 , Jan 11, 2010
              > I've done a bit more testing, and Paclink can interface with BPQ32 using either a virtual KISS port, or BPQHOSTMODES. The KISS interface is probably neater, as you don't have to run any extra programs.

              Here's a twist on the Airmail to BPQ32 issue. I'd like to run
              Airmail on one PC to access the BPQ32 stack on the server PC in the
              corner.

              I believe the options are either use a network linked serial port
              program or use the AGW emulator to create the TCP socket which is then
              connected to from the shim program.

              Any other ideas or suggestions?

              Thanks,
              Bill - WA7NWP
            • Robert S. Fisher
              Message 6 of 10 , Jan 11, 2010
                I have been running Airmail with BPQHOSTMODES and have no problem with
                outbound connects. Both Airmail and BPQ32 running on the same machine.
                I am using hostmodes in Kantronics mode and use the the KAM selection in
                Airmail. I have not yet got inbound connects from the node to hook in.
                I am using appmask 4 and have setup bpqcfg correctly I think, but am
                getting the node notice that all Airmail Ports are in use and I have 10
                streams setup in BPQHOSTMODES.

                Rob
                WA7RF
                Message 7 of 10 , Jan 11, 2010
                  Rob,

                  It does work - I've just checked again - so it is probably a config issue. In HOSTMODES the appl mask is decimal. Applmask 4 corresponds to the third  BPQ32 application.

                  Message 8 of 10 , Jan 11, 2010
                    John,

                    Thanks. That was it. I wasn't thinking about appl mask increment and
                    position......made it 8 in hostmode for the 4 application position and
                    works like a charm.

                    Rob,
                    WA7RF

                    John Wiseman wrote:

                    > Rob,
                    > It does work - I've just checked again - so it is probably a config
                    > issue. In HOSTMODES the appl mask is decimal. Applmask 4 corresponds
                    > to the third BPQ32 application.
                    > 73, John

                  • Jerry - N9LYA
                    Message 9 of 10 , Jan 11, 2010