Winlink and BPQ

  • Howard Z
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 11, 2010
      Hi

      Does Airmail or Paclink support BPQ?

      Howard
    • Jim WU3V
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 11, 2010
        Yes but only in AGW mode, neither has a native BPQ32 driver

        Jim
        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 11, 2010
          Actually not true, Airmail works fine with the BPQHostModes emulator, and if I remember so does Paclink, but I'd need to check. BPQHostModes emulates either Kantronics or DED Host Mode TNC's

          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 11, 2010
            Airmail also works with AGWtoBPQ but you need AMPE or AMPEstreams to interface between bpq and airmail becouse airmail does not support agw self.

            Danny..

            Message 5 of 10 , Jan 11, 2010
              I've done a bit more testing, and Paclink can interface with BPQ32 using either a virtual KISS port, or BPQHOSTMODES. The KISS interface is probably neater, as you don't have to run any extra programs.

              Message 6 of 10 , Jan 11, 2010
                > I've done a bit more testing, and Paclink can interface with BPQ32 using either a virtual KISS port, or BPQHOSTMODES. The KISS interface is probably neater, as you don't have to run any extra programs.

                Here's a twist on the Airmail to BPQ32 issue. I'd like to run
                Airmail on one PC to access the BPQ32 stack on the server PC in the
                corner.

                I believe the options are either use a network linked serial port
                program or use the AGW emulator to create the TCP socket which is then
                connected to from the shim program.

                Any other ideas or suggestions?

                Thanks,
                Bill - WA7NWP
              • Robert S. Fisher
                Message 7 of 10 , Jan 11, 2010
                  I have been running Airmail with BPQHOSTMODES and have no problem with
                  outbound connects. Both Airmail and BPQ32 running on the same machine.
                  I am using hostmodes in Kantronics mode and use the the KAM selection in
                  Airmail. I have not yet got inbound connects from the node to hook in.
                  I am using appmask 4 and have setup bpqcfg correctly I think, but am
                  getting the node notice that all Airmail Ports are in use and I have 10
                  streams setup in BPQHOSTMODES.

                  Rob
                  WA7RF
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jan 11, 2010
                    Rob,

                    It does work - I've just checked again - so it is probably a config issue. In HOSTMODES the appl mask is decimal. Applmask 4 corresponds to the third  BPQ32 application.

                    Message 9 of 10 , Jan 11, 2010
                      John,

                      Thanks. That was it. I wasn't thinking about appl mask increment and
                      position......made it 8 in hostmode for the 4 application position and
                      works like a charm.

                      Rob,
                      WA7RF

                      John Wiseman wrote:

                      > Rob,
                      > It does work - I've just checked again - so it is probably a config
                      > issue. In HOSTMODES the appl mask is decimal. Applmask 4 corresponds
                      > to the third BPQ32 application.
                      > 73, John

                    • Jerry - N9LYA
                      Message 10 of 10 , Jan 11, 2010