Re: [BPQ32] Re: BPQ and X14J

  • Edward Tune
    Message 1 of 17 , Jan 10, 2010
      Oh ! Yes, sir!. If I remember correctly, I was forgetting another switch in there. After I
      started playing with all three of them (and reading directions) I figured it out with the
      help of others.

      The upshot was that a couple of months later, the node owner wanted to switch to a
      straight BPQ format so all my whining, crying and work got dumped for a fairly
      straight forward, easy to configure BPQ32 node running straight JKISS TNC-2s.

      Do appreciate the offer though!

      Thanks!

      V/R

      Otto, KV7J

      On Sat, Jan 9, 2010 at 8:35 PM, PD0SNK <pd0snk@...> wrote:

      Hi Otto.

      Do you have your X-1j4 going ?
      I have mine going now with bpq32 and kiss protocol and no kissoptions.
      What kind of tnc do you have ?
      Becouse you have to set SIO pin 22 DCDB to +5 volt with 1k5 resistor.
      (from pin22 sio to max232 pin8 for tnc2c)

      I also could send you bpqcfg.txt of my SOFT node and file for programming the eprom for the HARD node.
      Hope this is helping a bit.

      Danny PD0SNK

    • kt4wo67@gmail.com
      Message 2 of 17 , Jan 10, 2010
        Altho I got BPQ working(direct connect) with my X1J4 node...I never
        could get it to pass all the data(text).
        There is some issue(not sure where) between my BPQ and TN2.08 /X1J4 nodes.
        I worked about a month without any sucess.

        If you connect from BPQ to the local TN2.08 or my X1J4 node...and
        try to pass "text"...some of the text is dropped, everytime.
        And on the DXCluster...that is not good...lol

        I tried with BPQ to a plain KISS TNC and also
        got it working with "NETROM" mode...but the problem
        remained when I connected to the remote nodes....
        I gave up...If you run into that same problem..pls let me know...I think
        I am the only one that this has happend to.

        Trip - KT4WO
        kt4wo67@...
      • Danny Oudendag (PD0SNK)
        Message 3 of 17 , Jan 11, 2010
          Hi Trip..

          Don't have the problem you describe but my tnc here trows 8 frames out (fbb fwd) while i have maxframe at 4 in bpq32.
          in the x-1j4 also set it at 4 looks like the tnc doubles the maxframe..

          very strange.

          i'll try to set it lower in the tnc maybe this will work over here.

          Danny PD0SNK.