RE: [BPQ32] Adding Port 3

    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 9, 2010
      Dale,

      The KAM should work fine. Depending which port you want to use, you may need to change CHANNEL to B - or to use both ports, create two port entries. one with CHANNEL=A and the other CHANNEL=B.

      Remember that the TNC must be put into KISS mode before starting BPQ32.

      Message 2 of 11 , Jan 9, 2010
        Thanks John... Will play with it later. Idid set it to channel B using port 2 on the computer to the Tnc. Not working but will take a look at later and see if I can figure it out. if not ill shoot you a copy of the file...Dale

        The KAM should work fine. Depending which port you want to use, you may need to change CHANNEL to B - or to use both ports, create two port entries. one with CHANNEL=A and the other CHANNEL=B.

        Remember that the TNC must be put into KISS mode before starting BPQ32.

        I added a port 3 to my bpqcfg.fle, I copied my port 2 which im using a Tnc-2 set up in the kiss mode. Port 3 is also a rf port. The Tnc is a Kamtronics KamPlus can this be used as a tnc for this application or must I locate another Tnc2 ? If indeed I can use the KamPlus Tnc what changes must I do to the bpqcfg.file ?
        Dale

      • Jerry - N9LYA
        Message 3 of 11 , Jan 9, 2010

          Dale if you do not get it… I will send you my entry for a KAM+

          73 jerry

          Message 4 of 11 , Jan 9, 2010
            Jerry That would be a great help for me on this end thanks....Dale

            Message 5 of 11 , Jan 9, 2010

              Coming at ya… in a private email 73 jerry

              Message 6 of 11 , Jan 9, 2010
                Dale

                After creating two ports as John indicated, SPEED= should be set to 19200
                For each KAM Port, you will need to exit KISS Mode on TNC, then commands
                IN TERM
                MODE 19200
                CD SOFT (for open squelch on VHF/UHF port)
                IN KISS
                RESET

                Mike Melnik N9PMO
                Web Site: www.n9pmo.com
                NNTP Server n9pmo.dyndns.org 119

                Scanned By Symantec Corporate Antivirus

                Message 7 of 11 , Jan 9, 2010
                  Would like to thank John and Jerry for ur help as the file from Jerry did the trick... 73's Dale
                • bryan randy
                  Message 8 of 11 , Jan 11, 2010
                    Hi John, just wondering if the bpq has a option like the agwpro that allows for a loopback port.
                    Randy

                    Message 9 of 11 , Jan 11, 2010
                      Yes, BPQ has a loopback port - configure with TYPE=INTERNAL. It loops transmitted frames back to the node. I don't know if that is the same as an AGW loopback.

                      73,
                      John G8BPQ

                      Message 10 of 11 , Jan 11, 2010
                        John,  Itt sounds like the same thing if so then maybe want need that program, would help with having to spend money to put up on a another node.,
                        thank you for your fine work and great programs
                        Randy