Adding Port 3

  • kj6ix@verizon.net
    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 9, 2010
      I added a port 3 to my bpqcfg.fle, I copied my port 2 which im using a Tnc-2 set up in the kiss mode. Port 3 is also a rf port. The Tnc is a Kamtronics KamPlus can this be used as a tnc for this application or must I locate another Tnc2 ? If indeed I can use the KamPlus Tnc what changes must I do to the bpqcfg.file ?
      Dale
      Message 2 of 11 , Jan 9, 2010
        Dale,

        The KAM should work fine. Depending which port you want to use, you may need to change CHANNEL to B - or to use both ports, create two port entries. one with CHANNEL=A and the other CHANNEL=B.

        Remember that the TNC must be put into KISS mode before starting BPQ32.

        I added a port 3 to my bpqcfg.fle, I copied my port 2 which im using a Tnc-2 set up in the kiss mode. Port 3 is also a rf port. The Tnc is a Kamtronics KamPlus can this be used as a tnc for this application or must I locate another Tnc2 ? If indeed I can use the KamPlus Tnc what changes must I do to the bpqcfg.file ?
        Dale

      • DALE YANZ
        Message 3 of 11 , Jan 9, 2010
          Thanks John... Will play with it later. Idid set it to channel B using port 2 on the computer to the Tnc. Not working but will take a look at later and see if I can figure it out. if not ill shoot you a copy of the file...Dale

          The KAM should work fine. Depending which port you want to use, you may need to change CHANNEL to B - or to use both ports, create two port entries. one with CHANNEL=A and the other CHANNEL=B.

          Remember that the TNC must be put into KISS mode before starting BPQ32.

          I added a port 3 to my bpqcfg.fle, I copied my port 2 which im using a Tnc-2 set up in the kiss mode. Port 3 is also a rf port. The Tnc is a Kamtronics KamPlus can this be used as a tnc for this application or must I locate another Tnc2 ? If indeed I can use the KamPlus Tnc what changes must I do to the bpqcfg.file ?
          Dale

        • Jerry - N9LYA
          Message 4 of 11 , Jan 9, 2010

            Dale if you do not get it… I will send you my entry for a KAM+

            73 jerry

            Message 5 of 11 , Jan 9, 2010
              Jerry That would be a great help for me on this end thanks....Dale

              Message 6 of 11 , Jan 9, 2010

                Coming at ya… in a private email 73 jerry

                Message 7 of 11 , Jan 9, 2010
                  Dale

                  After creating two ports as John indicated, SPEED= should be set to 19200
                  For each KAM Port, you will need to exit KISS Mode on TNC, then commands
                  IN TERM
                  MODE 19200
                  CD SOFT (for open squelch on VHF/UHF port)
                  IN KISS
                  RESET

                  Mike Melnik N9PMO
                  Web Site: www.n9pmo.com
                  NNTP Server n9pmo.dyndns.org 119

                  Scanned By Symantec Corporate Antivirus

                  Message 8 of 11 , Jan 9, 2010
                    Would like to thank John and Jerry for ur help as the file from Jerry did the trick... 73's Dale
                  • bryan randy
                    Message 9 of 11 , Jan 11, 2010
                      Hi John, just wondering if the bpq has a option like the agwpro that allows for a loopback port.
                      Randy

                      Message 10 of 11 , Jan 11, 2010
                        Yes, BPQ has a loopback port - configure with TYPE=INTERNAL. It loops transmitted frames back to the node. I don't know if that is the same as an AGW loopback.

                        73,
                        John G8BPQ

                        Message 11 of 11 , Jan 11, 2010
                          John,  Itt sounds like the same thing if so then maybe want need that program, would help with having to spend money to put up on a another node.,
                          thank you for your fine work and great programs
                          Randy